Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

Was given a 7 digit commission number by the dealer which is not recognised by VW, the dealer says it may be because it is not close to the build date but lots of other users seem to be able to access the MyVW portal. My original lead time was given as 20 weeks but it has now slipped by about 12 weeks.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

the.kes wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:16 pm Was given a 7 digit commission number by the dealer which is not recognised by VW, the dealer says it may be because it is not close to the build date but lots of other users seem to be able to access the MyVW portal. My original lead time was given as 20 weeks but it has now slipped by about 12 weeks.
Did they not tell you that online order tracking hasn't been operational for some time?
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
UKCanuck

Post by UKCanuck »

I've just had an email from my lease company saying "All built and due to land in the UK by the 7th Feb."

Fingers crossed!!

@Utumno - hopefully you'll be updating the spreadsheet soon...
Family Pro Performance, Moonstone
Ordered 8th August 21

Bonnet app referral code RVGDE for free £15

Share £100 with me... join Octopus energy https://share.octopus.energy/happy-dog-969
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

UKCanuck wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:44 pm I've just had an email from my lease company saying "All built and due to land in the UK by the 7th Feb."

Fingers crossed!!

That's great news! You must be chuffed! I also leased via the same company and ordered 21st August but, mine will be taking a tad longer to arrive :lol:
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

UKCanuck wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:44 pm I've just had an email from my lease company saying "All built and due to land in the UK by the 7th Feb."

Fingers crossed!!

Great news! Spreadsheet updated. I'd love to know whether it's actually a MY22.5 whenever you manage to collect it, and I'm sure many others here would too.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

the.kes wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:16 pm Was given a 7 digit commission number by the dealer which is not recognised by VW, the dealer says it may be because it is not close to the build date but lots of other users seem to be able to access the MyVW portal. My original lead time was given as 20 weeks but it has now slipped by about 12 weeks.

I've added these details to the spreadsheet. Unfortunately there is no VW UK order tracking available, so I have had to lash up that spreadsheet so folks can at least not feel alone when their dealer and VW end up not giving them any information...
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Sprout

Post by Sprout »

Utumno wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:47 pm

Fingers crossed!!

Great news! Spreadsheet updated. I'd love to know whether it's actually a MY22.5 whenever you manage to collect it, and I'm sure many others here would too.
Out of interest do you know what BW you had ? you ordered 4 days before me.

I last asked my dealer for an update on the 3rd December, which is when he confirmed a BW49. I'll ask him for an update on Tuesday and see if it has changed status at all, or if it has slipped back etc. I remain hopeful that it has been built, but it is what it is I suppose.
Family Pro Perf \ Managanese \ East Derry \ DTD
Order Number received 12th Aug - 2021 (Week 32)
Confirmed Build week 49 - 2021 (6th Dec - 12th Dec)
Order Num - 31422xxx
Status 38- 16/02/22
Status 40- 09/04/22
Collecting - 25/03/22
Polnoon2510

Post by Polnoon2510 »

Hi all,
Another newbie just joined.
Started viewing forum a couple of weeks ago after ordering lease car in November.
My details for the spreadsheet are:

ID3 Tour Pro S, andoya alloys, stonewashed blue.
Order confirmed with Vanarama - 19/11/21 with quoted estimated delivery - 31/3/22.
Asked Vanarama for update this week and they came back with a new estimated delivery to the dealership (Listers VW) - 30/05/22.
I then asked for order no and was given 314011**.

My order no. appears to be an older number compared to other cars ordered around the same time on the spreadsheet??
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Polnoon2510 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:11 pm Hi all,
Another newbie just joined.
Started viewing forum a couple of weeks ago after ordering lease car in November.
My details for the spreadsheet are:

ID3 Tour Pro S, andoya alloys, stonewashed blue.
Order confirmed with Vanarama - 19/11/21 with quoted estimated delivery - 31/3/22.
Asked Vanarama for update this week and they came back with a new estimated delivery to the dealership (Listers VW) - 30/05/22.
I then asked for order no and was given 314011**.

My order no. appears to be an older number compared to other cars ordered around the same time on the spreadsheet??

Welcome, and thanks for the info! I'd say you managed to snag a July order that's subsequently been cancelled by someone fed up of waiting for their Tour 😂. I've updated the spreadsheet too.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Sprout wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:58 pm
Utumno wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:47 pm

Fingers crossed!!

Out of interest do you know what BW you had ? you ordered 4 days before me.

I last asked my dealer for an update on the 3rd December, which is when he confirmed a BW49. I'll ask him for an update on Tuesday and see if it has changed status at all, or if it has slipped back etc. I remain hopeful that it has been built, but it is what it is I suppose.

I sincerely hope yours hasn't slipped @Sprout. However poor @youkaydee slipped from wk2021-49 to wk2022-35 and your order numbers and order dates are reasonably close together 😟

Fingers crossed your dealer doesn't give you that bad news. There seems little discernible pattern or order in dates at the moment, which I'm largely attributing to "jitter" (not all the spreadsheet data can be updated simultaneously, folks don't have to update it, and VW is remarkably random on top... hence "jitter" 😀)
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Baznorth

Post by Baznorth »

Hi, a quick update for the spreadsheet, well
actually a lack of update.

As with you @utumno, motorbility, Tour S, still showing status 20, build week 40.

Order number is 31369***

Sales manager says 'he can't give an idea of delivery' could be another 6-12 months for all he knows.

I hope not, like you, having one of the earlier order numbers I had really hoped to see some movement by now!
Baznorth

Post by Baznorth »

In addition, I've looked at alternatives, all less suitable or less desirable and Vauxhall are quoting 12 weeks on a EV Mokka despite the issues, even the information or there website is quoting the same.
JohnEG

Post by JohnEG »

If it's any consolation a friend of mine ordered a Morgan some years ago and was given a delivery time of four years.
Good things are worth waiting for!
Life Pro Performance, White/Black, East Derry Alloys.
Order No: 31558xxx 18/11/21
Delivered 14 November 22
Zappi Charger
Software 3.2.0
T-SLOT

Post by T-SLOT »

1st post here.

Ordered a Life Pro Performance in grey on 29 September 2021 and was just informed of an unconfirmed build week of week 36 (the estimate upon order was 16-20 weeks). Disappointing…

As a comparison, I ordered a Kia EV6 about 10 days ago and am expecting delivery early April (or before).
Life Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey
Ordered: 29 September 2021
Scheduled Delivery: 14 July 2022
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Baznorth wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:53 pm Hi, a quick update for the spreadsheet, well
actually a lack of update.

As with you @utumno, motorbility, Tour S, still showing status 20, build week 40.

Order number is 31369***

Sales manager says 'he can't give an idea of delivery' could be another 6-12 months for all he knows.

I hope not, like you, having one of the earlier order numbers I had really hoped to see some movement by now!

Really sorry to hear this @Baznorth, for both of us!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

I did hear a rumour months ago that VW was deprioritising the UK market in favour of EU countries (including Ireland) but I thought it was bullshit, those articles might lend it at least some credence.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

WezMecar

Post by WezMecar »

Hello,
Another newbie grateful for all your posts and Utumno's spreadsheet.
I have just received an update from my dealer which might be of interest, especially to Utumno who ordered a similar car the day before me.

I was informed that some models have passed the original build week (confirmed originally as 40). This, apparently, was because of the MY22.5 update which is now being applied to some models placed before 1st Dec 21. I am told my car will go into production in the next couple of weeks and be available for March delivery with the new registration plate.

I can also look forward to the MY22.5 enhancements. See 'MY updates coming soon?' Forum tab for details of the VW Bulletin

ID3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS in Stonewashed Blue (on order since 8-Jul-21)
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Fingers cross for both you and Utumno, I think March was his cut off time. Would be nice if all his waiting and contribution to this community didn't ultimately end with nothing.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

IMG_8264.jpg

Just to confirm my Family Pro Performance was duly delivered on Monday. Ordered end of July, promised 2 month delivery, turned out to be 6 months but we all know that story and I know it is better than many on here have managed so ultimately I guess I am grateful.

MY22, of course. Bridgestone Turanzas, of course. Early days, of course, not been able to drive it much yet - but I am very happy with my choice and I am loving it. I do have to say that not all the new features are as intuitive as I had expected and I am having to do some hard study of the manual to figure out how some of them work, and especially where in the menus I can find the adjustment! I would much prefer a printed manual to be wading through.

Two additional things:

In under 6 months we have become the fully electric family. In the picture you can just see my wife's Zoe peeking out behind the iD3, and both our sons now have Teslas!

And I had the car barely 24 hours before I was side-swiped by a hit-and-run on a dark narrow road nearby by a Mini well over the central line. Very loud thump and my wing mirror was knocked askew. They didn't stop of course; I chased and got the number plate. But checking in the daylight there appears to be no marks or damage, and a grasp of the mirror and a twist back into its seating appears to have sorted it, with no strange noises when I adjust it or upon locking. So a thumbs up to VW build quality, and I am pleased to report that from what I could see in the dark during my chase the Mini's wing mirror came off considerably worse, appeared to be hanging down by the cable!

An interesting postscript to this story is that my only other new car was bought over 40 years ago. Had it less than three days and was in church, came out to find it had been side-swiped by a passing bus! Fortunately I knew that was what it was because the local buses were a very distinctive pink and so was much of the side panel of my brand new car. Maybe I should stick to old bangers...
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

I meant to add that as far as I can decipher the German paperwork my car was completed on 23 December 2021. I think that is in the middle of the fabled BW51, but presumably production was commenced prior to that, maybe around the BW46 I had been most recently quoted. So that might give some insight into shipping and delivery timescales.