My ID.3 Life story...

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Blackeunos wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:48 pm Here's the boot liner...
Good fit, decent depth. You can see where there's a fold that's designed in for shipping.

Not as impressed with the mudflaps. Here they are...
They seem decent quality, but I'm not keen on the fit of them. The rear ones are fine...
Dead simple to fit, take 2 screws for the arch liners out, fit the flap, then put the screws back in. It's the fronts I'm not keen on, they leave a bit of a gap at the rear of the flap, which looks like it could collect mud and leaves in, which won't be good.
So it looks like I won't be putting the flaps on.
Re: Mudflaps. Yes I wasn’t convinced by the front flaps on the torque alliance website. Rear ones probably most important to keep the back clean though?

Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

MotMot wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:04 pm Re: Mudflaps. Yes I wasn’t convinced by the front flaps on the torque alliance website. Rear ones probably most important to keep the back clean though?
See, I was more bothered about having front mudflaps, to reduce any stones kicking up on to the side of the car, whereas at the rear it doesn't matter so much.

Not keen on just having the rears on, so they shall be sitting in the garage, or I might try getting in touch with Torque Alliance and letting them know about the poor fit.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Had a really quick response from Torque Alliance, via email.

I explained the problem, and that I wasn't happy with the fit, sent a reply with a picture to show them, and am waiting on them getting back to me again.

Will see what they say.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Got a key cover, as I really think the piano back finish won't last long with all of the other keys on my key chain!

A really good fit, very snug, so much that I struggled to get it on!

Hopefully it'll. Protect the key and make it a bit easier to grip.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

That looks pretty good. Ebay / Amazon ?
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Utumno wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:58 pm That looks pretty good. Ebay / Amazon ?
Amazon, simply because I wanted it straight away, I probably would have ordered from aliexpress and it'd cost next to nothing, but I would have had to wait a few weeks.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Had a little run out to the shops this morning, and I thought the consumption was pretty good...

🤣... Okay, it might have been downhill on the way there. Thought I'd have a look at the full journey, so this is returning to the same starting point, so had to come back up hill...
Pretty decent, a mix of 30,40 and 60, single carriageways, gentle acceleration, but at the speed limit most of the time.

First impressions having had the car a few days... Very impressed! 👍

What I like so far...
- Seems well planted, obviously a heavy car, but doesn't feel heavy when driving.
- I don't understand the 'low quality' perception that people had following the release of the car, everything seems well screwed together, solid door closing sound, and everything you have to touch seems fine.
- nice chunky feeling wheel.
- loving the range, having come from a Leaf 24kWh.
- voice control has worked pretty well for most things I've tried out.
- I like the way the car increases the regen as your coming up to a roundabout or junction, even in D.

What I'm not sure about...
- the boot seems small! Seems smaller than my old Leaf, although the shape is more 'usable' I think.
- does it need alloys? ... I think it would help improve the looks, but I'm still okay with the steels and trims... So far.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

After a couple of emails to send better pictures of the fit of the mud flaps, just got a message back from Torque Alliance apologising for the inconvenience and offering a refund.

So for me, a good company to deal with, there's a fault with their product, they've been in touch to sort it, and have offered a solution.

They sent through a picture of a set that they'd fitted, without any gap, so are assuming that there's been a fault during manufacture. They've asked me to check the other side to see if it's the same fault, or if the other side is okay.

So to sum up, I'm happy with the boot liner, and happy with the resolution to the problem with the mud flaps. I'd deal with them again.
davyk31

Post by davyk31 »

Why not buy a set of the VW front flaps to go alongside your Torque Alliance rears if you are happy with them? The VW ones are dear but a perfect fit and available separately as front and rears.
Id3rpc

Post by Id3rpc »

Blackeunos wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:57 am Had a little run out to the shops this morning, and I thought the consumption was pretty good...

🤣... Okay, it might have been downhill on the way there. Thought I'd have a look at the full journey, so this is returning to the same starting point, so had to come back up hill...
Pretty decent, a mix of 30,40 and 60, single carriageways, gentle acceleration, but at the speed limit most of the time.

First impressions having had the car a few days... Very impressed! 👍

What I like so far...
- Seems well planted, obviously a heavy car, but doesn't feel heavy when driving.
- I don't understand the 'low quality' perception that people had following the release of the car, everything seems well screwed together, solid door closing sound, and everything you have to touch seems fine.
- nice chunky feeling wheel.
- loving the range, having come from a Leaf 24kWh.
- voice control has worked pretty well for most things I've tried out.
- I like the way the car increases the regen as your coming up to a roundabout or junction, even in D.

What I'm not sure about...
- the boot seems small! Seems smaller than my old Leaf, although the shape is more 'usable' I think.
- does it need alloys? ... I think it would help improve the looks, but I'm still okay with the steels and trims... So far.
I completely agree with your sentiments regarding quality.

We currently have an e golf that will go back when the id3 we are in the process of ordering appears.

Having driven one on a test drive a few days ago, we were genuinely surprised by the “perceived quality” of the dash, the seats and the general build quality.

Sure some of the plastics are a little scratchy in places, but ultimately, this is at the lower end of the ev spectrum.

We drove a pro performance 150kw life, and whilst the initial punch from the motor was decent, it didn’t feel as fast as we had expected, but then I guess that’s not what you buy it for.

Good to see you are getting healthy efficiency from the motor. I’ve read a few horror stories where people are struggling to get over 2.8m/kwh from a 110kw 🤷🏻‍♂️
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

My (3500 mile) average is 4 - thats 50% motorways (70mph or a bit more) and A roads/Urban stuff.
Id3rpc

Post by Id3rpc »

I was watching the link provided below when I saw the stats. This chaps reviews are generally spot on, so I was disappointed.

Here’s the bit of the review he talks about the efficiency, but I guess it’s hugely journey and environment dependant.

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

lol 36 miles across multiple journeys in the winter... The review is terrible and certainly not 'generally spot on'.
Id3rpc

Post by Id3rpc »

G43FAN wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:25 pm lol 36 miles across multiple journeys in the winter... The review is terrible and certainly not 'generally spot on'.
Jesus, keep your hair on mate. Not need to give the quotation mark button such a bashing on your key board.

Also, your opinion of his reviews wasn’t something I asked for, but thanks for the critical update I so dearly didn’t desire.

All the best.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Id3rpc wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:45 pm
G43FAN wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:25 pm lol 36 miles across multiple journeys in the winter... The review is terrible and certainly not 'generally spot on'.
Jesus, keep your hair on mate. Not need to give the quotation mark button such a bashing on your key board.

Also, your opinion of his reviews wasn’t something I asked for, but thanks for the critical update I so dearly didn’t desire.

All the best.
I’m not the person you’re replying to but I don’t see what’s so aggressive about their post… It sounds like they’re also not too happy with the efficiency provided in the video and just pointed out a lot of those miles were in winter.

I have seen others quote 3-4 kWh/1 mile generally.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Id3rpc

Post by Id3rpc »

rikimaru wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:49 pm
Id3rpc wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:45 pm

All the best.
I’m not the person you’re replying to but I don’t see what’s so aggressive about their post… It sounds like they’re also not too happy with the efficiency provided in the video and just pointed out a lot of those miles were in winter.

I have seen others quote 3-4 kWh/1 mile generally.
I just saw it as a fairly salt response, and one that didn’t really contain anything other than an opinion on a review I shared. Opinion on an opinion I guess.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Pretty pleased so far having covered just over 1000 miles.

Economy - averaging 3.9 m/kWh, and that's short stop start journeys, and not trying to take it easy.

Drive - comfortable and relaxed, rather than sporty, but I think they've got the suspension set up well. The Pro is quick enough for me, although the extra power of the Pro performance would be nice, I think I'd use it a bit too much, and probably go through tires too quick.

Driver aids - I know people generally complain about them, and I do agree on the LKA often tugging back towards parked cars when you move out, but I really like the brake assist slowing when you come up to junctions or traffic!

Charge timer - I have an old 'dumb' Podpoint solo, and just on a regular tariff, so use the car timer for charges, although probably no need as I'm only charging to 80%. Had a failed charge twice, and, for me, it seems to be when I have 2 different charge times set for the same location, i.e. Mon-Fri 7.45am, and Sat-Sun 9am. When I've just had one timed charge active it seems to work fine. Could be coincidence, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Hello iD - pleased with the voice recognition, seems to work well when using the hands free, or setting sat nav destinations.

Parking - great turning circle and the front and rear sensors work well, I thought I'd really miss the all round camera from my old Leaf, but I'm finding I'm not really. Just got to get used to the front being so short!

Heated seats and wheel - the seats get plenty hot, and the steering wheel... not so much, hopefully it'll be more noticeable in a few weeks.

Android auto - still to get it up and running, but I think it's an issue with my Hauwei phone, and not the car, so will just have to wait until I get a new one.

Central locking/start - the whole getting in and driving off, then stopping and getting out without having to do anything, took a lot less time to get used to than I thought, however... I do miss being able to touch a button on the door to lock and unlock, rather than find the key and search for the button. First World problem, but something I miss from the ol' Leaf.
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

There's a button on your door controls for lock /unlock. Top right. It's a bit discreet but definitely there!
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Id3rpc wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:15 pm I was watching the link provided below when I saw the stats. This chaps reviews are generally spot on, so I was disappointed.

Here’s the bit of the review he talks about the efficiency, but I guess it’s hugely journey and environment dependant.

Bit unrealistic. Short journeys. Cold weather. I have an ICE with battery in it (e208) and it has averaged 3.7m/kWh over 9 months so I expect and ID3 which is a purpose built EV to do better. This guy drives a model 3 as well so that tends to colour his opinion. Go drive one. I did and I ordered one. Also look at some of the longer range tests done by Bjorn and Kris Rifa on Youtube. they are more balanced.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

TheJimster wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:13 pm There's a button on your door controls for lock /unlock. Top right. It's a bit discreet but definitely there!
I mean on the outside to open the car and get in, and then to lock it when you get out.

I think it's standard on trims above the Life, but I still go to tap the door handle when I walk up to the car, like I did on my old Leaf.