What colour did you get/order?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Daft question really but from what I see on here, it seems Stonewash Blue is very popular. And that's what ours will be.

van

Post by van »

We were going to pay extra for metallic grey but then our dealer showed us a Moonstone Grey that had just arrived for another customer. We changed our mind immediately because of the good contrast with the black detailing, and this was reinforced when he showd us one with the metallic grey which has hardly any contrast with the black at all. Easiest 600 odd quid I've ever saved.
Family Pro Moonstone Grey
East Derry alloys, Heat pump.
Ordered 5 Aug 21.
Build started 18 Nov 21.
Left Factory 3 Feb 22.
Arrived with dealer 27 Feb 22.
Collected from dealer 9 Mar 22.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

We went all electric turquoise πŸ˜€
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

It was between the standard Moonstone, or white for me.

Always liked the VAG flat grey, so it was an easy choice once you factor in the extra cost for any other colour.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

I saw only two 'colours', Stonewashed Blue and Makena Turquoise - we chose the latter.

ID3.png

Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Raxacorico wrote: ↑Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:35 am I saw only two 'colours', Stonewashed Blue and Makena Turquoise - we chose the latter.
My present Ford is a similar colour to the Turquoise. And what a pig it is to keep clean. It shows the muck and grime when the weather forecast only hints at light drizzle.
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

Moonstone Grey 1st Edition for me. :)
VW id3 1st Edition Moonstone Grey
Octopus referral. www.share.octopus.energy/harsh-hippo-272
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

The dealer only had 2 in stock, white or moonstone so there was no competition for me prefer moonstone and it was cheaper, also have the white dash which is not everyone's cup of tea but I like it
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Scratch wrote: ↑Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:46 am
Raxacorico wrote: ↑Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:35 am I saw only two 'colours', Stonewashed Blue and Makena Turquoise - we chose the latter.
My present Ford is a similar colour to the Turquoise. And what a pig it is to keep clean. It shows the muck and grime when the weather forecast only hints at light drizzle.
Strangely, I don't find that's the case with mine ...
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

van wrote: ↑Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:05 am We were going to pay extra for metallic grey but then our dealer showed us a Moonstone Grey that had just arrived for another customer. We changed our mind immediately because of the good contrast with the black detailing, and this was reinforced when he showd us one with the metallic grey which has hardly any contrast with the black at all. Easiest 600 odd quid I've ever saved.

There were only two colours we could even contemplate from the available palette : glacier white or manganese grey. We went with the grey πŸ˜€

(Note - I offer no value judgement to people with different colours here - except possibly to prove that other people are braver and more interesting than I am πŸ˜‚)
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I was very pleased moonstone grey was the default/budget option. It’s the colour I’d have chosen.

Though I’d say VW have been very conservative/dull with the available colours!! Wonder why - there’s plenty of options in the VW palette across the range.

Perhaps saving it for a paid software upgrade option πŸ˜‚
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Stonewash Blue seems to be the rarest of all, based on photos I see posted in forums and Facebook groups, plus I’ve yet to see one out on the road.

Mine is Moonstone Grey, I think the car looks best in Glacier White though.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

scott28tt wrote: ↑Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:19 pm Stonewash Blue seems to be the rarest of all, based on photos I see posted in forums and Facebook groups, plus I’ve yet to see one out on the road.

Mine is Moonstone Grey, I think the car looks best in Glacier White though.

How strange. We have loads of ID.3's round here (perhaps I'm noticing them more now I have one on order? :D ) and the vast majority are metallic blue or white.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
smuj

Post by smuj »

B2C971D2-88FD-480D-8745-F74A26D6235C.jpeg

Our dealer had all the colours available to look at ato be honest we weren’t impressed with any of them. In the end we chose stonewashed blue as the one we could live with. This is the colour I wish they had available.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
rawws

Post by rawws »

Moonstone grey I love it, but also understand its marmite colour. Would have paid for it if it was free
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
beacon39

Post by beacon39 »

Far too many grey cars on the road. :) My wife wanted turquoise but we didn't want to wait four months to get it. There was a stonewashed blue available immediately ex stock and we actually preferred it when we saw it. (Don't tell my wife I said so, but it looks quite like grey.)
Life Pro Performance, Stonewashed Blue - East Derry alloys - Heat pump
Aberdeen, Scotland
Deleted User 314

Ours here, wash it every weekend and polish with β€œwet wax”, keeps clean despite all the dust around here.

F11220F8-64F0-48DC-A29A-E980D7DD2238.jpeg

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Anduain wrote: ↑Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:29 pm Ours here, wash it every weekend and polish with β€œwet wax”, keeps clean despite all the dust around here.

F11220F8-64F0-48DC-A29A-E980D7DD2238.jpeg
Looks great in the sunshine. Unfortunately, here in Yorkshire, today, the sun has gone on holiday - again.
Deleted User 314

[/quote]

Looks great in the sunshine. Unfortunately, here in Yorkshire, today, the sun has gone on holiday - again.
[/quote]

Please, for the love of, take the sun away from us!!
van

Post by van »

If only we could anduain. Summer has gone on holiday here.
Family Pro Moonstone Grey
East Derry alloys, Heat pump.
Ordered 5 Aug 21.
Build started 18 Nov 21.
Left Factory 3 Feb 22.
Arrived with dealer 27 Feb 22.
Collected from dealer 9 Mar 22.