Nav database versions

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I didn't add this in the ongoing 2.3 update thread even though it is mentioned in there.

I notice that people are reporting small updates and these have in the main so far been Nav updates or User Manual I believe. To date I have never seen an OTA update pop on my car. (Family, Build Jan 2021 with 2.1 installed since late March)
My current Nav database version is still 21.5 and I noted the other day that Battery Life in one of his videos is also showing the same Nav version on his car. However some people have reported now having 21.7? Is there any rhyme or reason to these updates?

(Yes I have checked the available updates screen.)

Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

I've had two very small updates since I bought my car in mid-June. The first (within days) changed nothing that I could observe, the second (couple of week ago) updated the Nav Database to 21.7 Go figure!
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

My Satnav is on 21.5 (Assume May, 2021), historically it has updated in the background without notification.

Looking online here: https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/car/ it lists as 21st June, 2021, no idea if that is 21.6 or 21.7
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Perhaps it was that first update, and I didn't notice! When I checked after the second update the nav database said 21.7
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Raxacorico wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:46 pm Perhaps it was that first update, and I didn't notice! When I checked after the second update the nav database said 21.7
I need me some 21.7 goodness :D
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

I haven't travelled widely enough to test out the sat nav. But I did notice that our local Spar Shop is still mis-located inside woodland! It's the exactly the same on Google Maps. Make your own conclusions!