Satnav question

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Picked up our ID3 this afternoon. Fantastic car!
I tried the satnav on the way home. There are about 3 different routes I could take. The satnav chose 1 of those. I decided to deviate from that route and go another way. The satnav kept trying to send me back onto the original route. Does it not recalculate when it sees the direction you are taking? I hope that makes sense. We had a Ford previously and that used to recalculate based on the direction you took.
Thanks

epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Congrats on the car! Do you have a MY22 model with 120kW charging by any chance?
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

metcast wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:35 pm Congrats on the car! Do you have a MY22 model with 120kW charging by any chance?
Good question. If I knew what MY22 meant I could give you an answer. How would I find out?
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Scratch wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:26 am
metcast wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:35 pm Congrats on the car! Do you have a MY22 model with 120kW charging by any chance?
Good question. If I knew what MY22 meant I could give you an answer. How would I find out?
It means Model Year 22. So around July VW added some changes to the car for the next 12 months. The main one is increased rapid charging max rate to 120kW plus additions to the Max trim. There could be other changes not mentioned.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

metcast wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:32 am
It means Model Year 22. So around July VW added some changes to the car for the next 12 months. The main one is increased rapid charging max rate to 120kW plus additions to the Max trim. There could be other changes not mentioned.
Wow.. Talk about a thread Hijack..
Pretty sure the Sat Nav has rerouted for me but I haven't needed to use it much. A lot of people are using Apple maps or others via Car Play or Android Auto.
Had you deviated far enough to make one of the other choices the more desirable route. (quicker or shortest or whatever?)
jhg

Post by jhg »

I can also confirm the satnav does re-route.
ID.3 Tech Pro Perf, Glacier White, May 2021
Wallbox Pulsar Plus
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The nav will initially try to get you back onto the original route as quickly as it can "think", as if you just missed a turning - after doing that a bit it will re-route you.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:44 am
metcast wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:32 am

Wow.. Talk about a thread Hijack..
Pretty sure the Sat Nav has rerouted for me but I haven't needed to use it much. A lot of people are using Apple maps or others via Car Play or Android Auto.
Had you deviated far enough to make one of the other choices the more desirable route. (quicker or shortest or whatever?)
Who hijacked the tread and how?
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Could you lack of re routing be caused by the streets being out of date?

It does indeed reroute but if the roads are new they may not be in the database.

For context, “new” for my database is in the last 5 years, particularly for roundabouts and one-way systems, ie changes that have taken place in the last 5 years are NOT reflected in the database. 9 years in some places.

I’m one of those that typically uses Waze, Google or Apple maps when not ABRPing
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Anduain wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:46 am Could you lack of re routing be caused by the streets being out of date?

It does indeed reroute but if the roads are new they may not be in the database.

For context, “new” for my database is in the last 5 years, particularly for roundabouts and one-way systems, ie changes that have taken place in the last 5 years are NOT reflected in the database. 9 years in some places.

I’m one of those that typically uses Waze, Google or Apple maps when not ABRPing
Don’t think it’s that as our house is very new and the satnav found that ok.