Options

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Irn-Bru

Post by Irn-Bru »

After my test drive today I was very impressed with the drive, handles really nicely and is very quick. I was going to place an order but then the options have caught me off guard :shock

Looking into an ID3 (or a Kona - test drive pending) through the NHS lease scheme, specifically the
150kW Life Pro Performance 58kWh with infotainment plus option as shockingly it appears you only get 2 speakers without this package, just like my old fiesta from 20 years ago. I'm trying to keep the options to a minimum as to keep the payments lower and similar to my existing out goings. I am just wanting to know if the Life trim is missing anything obvious as one of the packages it's missing (drivers assistance I think) mentions multi function steering wheel and key less entry. I assume it'll have steering wheel controls no matter what, surely? I'd be gutted if I waited 6 months and I was missing something essential :shock:

djkav

Post by djkav »

I thought all ID3's come 4+1 speakers, !x front centre, 2x mid front door, and 2x A-pillar tweeters.

With with infotainment plus option, you get 6+1 speakers. The same as above, but with 2x mid rear door.
Motability Customer
ID3 Tour (Standard) --- Stonewashed Blue
Ordered 29-Aug-2021 --- #31421
When will it be built... Answers on a postcard.
Irn-Bru

Post by Irn-Bru »

djkav wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:54 pm I thought all ID3's come 4+1 speakers, !x front centre, 2x mid front door, and 2x A-pillar tweeters.

With with infotainment plus option, you get 6+1 speakers. The same as above, but with 2x mid rear door.
Possibly as its just listed as front speakers, 2 grand for 2 extra speakers is a bit mad really I suppose.
ENEMUK

Post by ENEMUK »

It is not just extra speakers with the infotainment pack plus, it is the augmented reality head up display. I assume this is the bulk of the cost.
ID.3 Life Pro 145ps, 58kw, metallic paint and alloy wheels.
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Yes, its a frequent complaint about the life edition that you dont get rear speakers
However there are 4+ speakers for the front passengers, so the music is good in the front. My kids listen to their iphones, so dont care anyway :)

Otherwise its pretty comprehensive, in terms of spec.

In terms of the steering wheel, you do get the multifunction buttons, including volume and MM controls on on right, together with cruise controls on the left

Sometimes people also point out you dont get a skihatch in rear seats (although this makes it more comfortable for middle passenger) or magazine net on rear of front seats.

Here is my brief review of my ID3.life:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1091

Here is a good youtube video which shows you what the life looks like, inside and out:

Here is another one which is a review of the life:

good luck
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Tbh I’d rather upgrade the front door speakers than have rears fitted - I think that would make much more of a difference. The audio is decent enough but struggled with some bass 😁

I’ve a life pro - it’s all good. Steering wheel etc is same as all others.

VW’s option pack scheme somehow makes it seem as if you don’t get some stuff on some models! Still it’s not as bad as Skoda’s make everything an extra scheme with the Enyaq (extra ££ to activate the satnav or 100kw charging etc..)
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

MotMot wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:00 am
VW’s option pack scheme somehow makes it seem as if you don’t get some stuff on some models! Still it’s not as bad as Skoda’s make everything an extra scheme with the Enyaq (extra ££ to activate the satnav or 100kw charging etc..)
The Enyaq has a very low base spec, even rear USB ports are extra. When i was looking at it, after adding some basic options it came to the same price as the ID4. So I came in to buy an ID4, then saw the ID3, and the amazing interior space and nicer design inside IMHO , and bought that instead :D

epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Does the Family have rear speakers?
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

metcast wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:02 am Does the Family have rear speakers?
Yes

Irn-Bru

Post by Irn-Bru »

Life:

Screenshot_20210902-101930_Chrome.png

Family:

Screenshot_20210902-101724_Chrome.png

The difference between life and family trims on the lease configurator seems to be interior style pack, and I guess the ones it doesn't list are included? For me it's a £30 a month difference, still within budget for the Family trim. I emailed the company and they said without the infotainment "plus" package it would be standard sound system.

The heat pump option isn't mentioned anywhere and they were confused about it, i think it's an extra £30 a month just for that also but doesn't interest me.

Cheers for all the replies, very helpful. :)
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

colonelpurple wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:15 am
Yes
Mine doesn't ?
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

I thought that the rear speakers are only included in the infotainment pack plus which isn’t part of Family.

??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Irn-Bru

Post by Irn-Bru »

Glad I'm not the only confused one
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

metcast wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:08 am I thought that the rear speakers are only included in the infotainment pack plus which isn’t part of Family.
yes, you are right, just looked on VW website configurator

only MAX and TOUR have rear speakers as standard

ok, so I have even less regret I didn't get the family edition now 8-)

epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

colonelpurple wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:31 am
metcast wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:08 am I thought that the rear speakers are only included in the infotainment pack plus which isn’t part of Family.

It's a bit bizarre, right? Family means people in the back who would also like to listen to music :roll:

??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

colonelpurple wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:15 am
Yes

This is incorrect, unless you count B-pillar speakers as "rear" speakers. The rear door speakers only come as part of the optional Infotainment Plus package on the Family spec. Max and Tour both have Infotainment Plus as standard though.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

metcast wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:05 am

It's a bit bizarre, right? Family means people in the back who would also like to listen to music :roll:

"Family" in my experience is "kids sitting in the back with earphones in, listening to Spotify, telling the driver to turn the car stereo down because it's interfering with their personal sound stage". I wonder whether rear speakers is a generational thing...
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

metcast wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:05 am

Turn the volume up!
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Utumno wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:22 am "Family" in my experience is "kids sitting in the back with earphones in, listening to Spotify, telling the driver to turn the car stereo down because it's interfering with their personal sound stage". I wonder whether rear speakers is a generational thing...

This is EXACTLY what happens when my teenage sons are in the back of mine :lol: