Getting to know ID.3

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Hopeful

Post by Hopeful »

So excited - dealer has confirmed pick up availability for next week. So, any thoughts on say five things to do on Day 1 to get to know the technological marvel? What shouldn't I do in the early days?
Life Pro 58kWh Stonewashed blue with East Derry wheels

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Must-do's:
Get the We Connect ID. app installed, create an account, login, be ready to pair the car on collection.
Leave everything at default to begin with, learn what you can live with and what you might want to tweak.
Sit in the car when you have a spare 30 minutes and go through all the icons in the infotainment system, to familiarise yourself with what's where but also look through the customisations you can make.
Check if your car has the 0792 (2.1) software or the 0910 (2.3) version in Settings > System information > Software
If it's your first EV, get familiar with charging via AC with the Type 2 lead and DC with CCS

Optional:
Customise the pages of icons by holding down on them and moving them around, put the most frequently used icons in the best place for you (top/bottom, left/right).
Customise the shortcut menu that appears when you drag down from the top of the screen
Customise the pages of widgets - the ones that appear when you swipe the screen to the right (if your car has the 2.1 software) or when you toggle the "home" button between the icons and widgets (if your car has the 2.3 software)
ENEMUK

Post by ENEMUK »

scott28tt wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:55 am Must-do's:
Check if your car has the 0792 (2.1) software or the 0910 (2.3) version in Settings > System information > Software
Picking up my car on Saturday :lol:

Should I expect the dealer to have installed the latest software on a new car? If not, should I insist on this?

Can 2.3 be installed easily by me if not present?
ID.3 Life Pro 145ps, 58kw, metallic paint and alloy wheels.
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

agree with Scott

yes the dealer should have installed 2.1. i hear of some cars coming now with 2.3, but not sure universal yet.
Dont worry. 2.1 is good and 2.3 will come by download eventually

The car is very easy to use. I never used the manual after I had it, although I read it before I received the car to get me excited. use this link:
viewtopic.php?t=280#p2649

there are a number of short cuts worth knowing:
swipe left on volume to mute
swipe right on volume to restore sound at previous level
hold "rear window" touch panel until it flashes. Now either up and down window button move all four windows at once

Also familiar yourself with the slightly unusual wing mirror selector. For example, to fold wing mirrors you just turn the selector to the symbol
Here is how to adjust wing mirrors

vwmirrorUntitled.jpg

I would also play around with zapmap phone app to see how it works
Also think about where you might go long distance or on holiday and chargers in the area.
Different chargers have different charging companies and some use app, others use card, etc.
If they use a card, normally takes 1-2 weeks to get to you, so worth ordering upfront
I have joined sourcelondon (£10 life payg) - need card, bp pulse (with card but no subs - got first 3 months free) - can use app or get card, chargeyourcar (lots in London free, e.g. westfield) - need card (£20)
worth getting podpoint app if you plan to charge at Tesco
Lastly ubricity app if you want to use their chargers in London

Some are just credit card tap (e.g. electric highway)
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

ENEMUK wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:46 am Should I expect the dealer to have installed the latest software on a new car? If not, should I insist on this?

Can 2.3 be installed easily by me if not present?

It should be on at least 0792 (2.1), that's the enabler for "over the air" (OTA) updates such as 0910 (2.3) - some dealers are installing 2.3 before handover but as long as it's 2.1 you're good.