MY22 ID.3 Deliveries

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Has anyone received a MY22 ID.3 yet? One of the main changes is the increased charging speed (from 100kW to 120kW).

I'm curious to know if there have been any other minor tweaks.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit

Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

How would you tell which model year and what the charging speed is (apart from sticking it on a rapid)?

Just picked mine up, it got to the dealer mid August, so was probably built early to mid July.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Blackeunos wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:50 pm How would you tell which model year and what the charging speed is (apart from sticking it on a rapid)?

Just picked mine up, it got to the dealer mid August, so was probably built early to mid July.
I’m afraid I don’t know without charging it with a rapid and converting the ‘miles per hour’ to kW.

??? - Stage 5 In Transit
BillyBobs

Post by BillyBobs »

A good spot, I noticed the my2022 Max came with area view as standard, but didn’t see the 120kW charge increase.

However, Checking the brochures (I’ve got the nov 2020, April 2021 and latest august 2021) the charge time for 5-80% is still quoted as 35mins, so not sure if that 20kW is going to make any difference? It only charges at 100kW for a small portion if the charge curve, but I guess every little helps!
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

BillyBobs wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:02 am A good spot, I noticed the my2022 Max came with area view as standard, but didn’t see the 120kW charge increase.

However, Checking the brochures (I’ve got the nov 2020, April 2021 and latest august 2021) the charge time for 5-80% is still quoted as 35mins, so not sure if that 20kW is going to make any difference? It only charges at 100kW for a small portion if the charge curve, but I guess every little helps!
Brilliant! When did you get your max? Does it also have the memory seats? Is Area View like 360 degree cam?

Are there any other small changes? I’m wondering if they improved the temperature/volume sliders on the dash at all. Did they had some LEDs at least?

??? - Stage 5 In Transit
BillyBobs

Post by BillyBobs »

metcast wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:30 am
BillyBobs wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:02 am A good spot, I noticed the my2022 Max came with area view as standard, but didn’t see the 120kW charge increase.

Brilliant! When did you get your max? Does it also have the memory seats? Is Area View like 360 degree cam?

Are there any other small changes? I’m wondering if they improved the temperature/volume sliders on the dash at all. Did they had some LEDs at least?
Sadly, we started looking too late, the only way we could get a MY22 was a factory fresh order which would be delayed until we’ll into next year now but we found one that arrived last week and just went through PDI 2 days ago, so most likely built in May/June, the dealer is sure it’s a MY21 so we are expecting the older model, I’d just spotted the option change when I was looking at the august brochure and asked the dealer who hadn’t realised themselves..
The area view is definitely the 360 cameras, I saw a video of a kings red ID.3 in Ireland that had area view and it was a proper 360 view with extra cameras on the wing mirrors and in the front badge.

https://youtu.be/lYocFX7xBGY

Personally if had started looking a couple of weeks earlier I’d have took a gamble on a new order and waited 3 months as it would have been nice to have area view and memory seats, which I presume are the same system as the ID.4 with the memory buttons next to the massage button..
Chivers

Post by Chivers »

It is of course easy to see that our helpful UK importers are still marketing the stock of 2021 model cars that they have, or have in the pipeline. The giveaway is that in most European markets they have been offering 2022 cars to order in red for some time, and have dropped names like "Family." I attach, for instance, the Austrian brochure and pricelist dated May 2021.

The owner of a Belgian VW dealership told me that there all cars are built to a factory order, including the cars in the showroom. In addition he gets phone calls from the importers telling him to buy some factory overstock cars. He says the UK is the odd country out here. We expect there to be cars in "the pipeline" with the upside of shorter delivery delays, and the downside that we choose between what there is, and tended to get less choice of options. I think this could be changing.

But let's always be positive. The Germany the list price before Government and dealer subsidies for an ID.3 with the same specification [more or less] as my Family 204bhp is now 45000€ - that's £38600.
2021.05.00 id-3-brochure wout pricelist AT AM2022.pdf
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 132 times
2021.05.00 id-3-brochure pricelist AT AM2022.pdf
(25.55 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
ID.3 Family 150kw, built 11/2020.
v2.4 in Apr. 2023. . .
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Not really sure what your point is?
There are some that are willing to wait there are others that 'Want it NOW...' that won't change and importers will 'predict' demand.
There's a slightly larger logistical issue with bringing cars into Britain compared to mainland Europe due to the wet bit that separates us.
The manufacturers have to put the steering wheel on the other side, limiting the market for those cars and I presume causing a push to move those cars.
Meanwhile due to a number of colliding factors there is a huge hole in the manufacturing supply chain meaning delays everywhere.
Last edited by G43FAN on Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

I’m still happy to wait until March 22 for my Family Pro Performance in Moonstone, east Derry wheels and heat pump. My current car has a surplus of 4,000 miles on its contract due Covid, lockdown etc and I intend to use them on a snow hiking winter road trip to Switzerland in December.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Chivers wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:46 pm The owner of a Belgian VW dealership told me that there all cars are built to a factory order, including the cars in the showroom.

Well, yes, obviously. This is how it works worldwide regardless of whether you're in Belgium or the UK.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
shire-dweller

Post by shire-dweller »

Chivers wrote: [...] in most European markets they have been offering 2022 cars to order in red for some time, [...]

Ah, I didn't know that the ID.3 would soon be available to order in "Kings Red"! I placed an order for Stonewashed Blue on 8 August 2021, but I would rather have chosen Kings Red, and would have waited if I knew. I have contacted the dealership about amending my order to choose Kings Red instead, but their answer was "computer says no". Quote:
Kings Red is available on other VW models in the UK, but it is not showing as available to order on our system for an ID.3.
VW UK send out model changes for model year changes around July onwards, and another change usually during November, these are the times they would normally add/delete colours from ordering.
It's particularly annoying that I can picture my ID.3 being painted Stonewashed Blue in the same factory and at the same time as other people's ID.3 cars will be painted Kings Red, only because some ordering database cannot be amended to select Kings Red for me.

Now facing the difficult decision of whether to cancel the current order to place a new one in a couple of months' time. My current order has estimated build week 44, i.e. first week of November, thus 13 weeks from ordering but not counting the time between factory build in Germany and being available for me to collect at the UK dealership.
Split £100 with me when you switch to Octopus: https://share.octopus.energy/snow-lark-143
Split £10 with me when you join Electroverse: https://electroverse.octopus.energy/sign-up/magic?referralCode=steel-crow-18264
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

shire-dweller wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:01 pm It's particularly annoying that I can picture my ID.3 being painted Stonewashed Blue in the same factory and at the same time as other people's ID.3 cars will be painted Kings Red, only because some ordering database cannot be amended to select Kings Red for me.

It's up to VW UK what specifications they decide to offer here, based on what they think they can sell.

Examples:

• The UK only had a single configuration of 1st Edition, customers in other countries (including Ireland) had 3 to choose from
  • The 45kWh battery size was not originally going to be sold in the UK

That being said, I expect they would shift Kings Red cars here.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:57 pm
shire-dweller wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:01 pm It's particularly annoying that I can picture my ID.3 being painted Stonewashed Blue in the same factory and at the same time as other people's ID.3 cars will be painted Kings Red, only because some ordering database cannot be amended to select Kings Red for me.
That being said, I expect they would shift Kings Red cars here.

Red is not a hugely popular colour overall in the UK and has been in the 5th most popular spot since 2004.

Car-colour-market-share-2020.png

Top-5-car-colours-1999-2020.png

This is probably, together with full order books, is why VW don't feel they have to particularly widen the colour choice in the UK, even though silver is less popular overall than even red.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Utumno wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:10 pm Red is not a hugely popular colour overall in the UK and has been in the 5th most popular spot since 2004.

Red is above silver, and presumably turquoise is thrown in with blue given that it wouldn't be anywhere near the top 10 if it was separate...
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:11 pm
Utumno wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:10 pm Red is not a hugely popular colour overall in the UK and has been in the 5th most popular spot since 2004.

Red is above silver, and presumably turquoise is thrown in with blue given that it wouldn't be anywhere near the top 10 if it was separate...

Makena Turquoise is a different thing entirely, and it might also be the trap into which Kings Red has fallen :-)

Manufacturers love their distinctive colours on new platform cars which is why you'll see all the lead marketing for the ID.3 being in Makena Turquoise. Hyundai do this a lot (Gravity Gold on the IONIQ 5) and so do Audi (that awful purple colour on the new Q4). Peugeot too, with their default "free" colour being the gold metallic. If you think Kings Red you're probably thinking ID.4 because of all the marketing of the GTX recently.

Is this annoying ? Of course it is; blame the marketroids. But red paint - particularly Kings Red with it's red coloured clear coat - is difficult and expensive to get right, and silver isn't. Again, given you can't currently get an ID.3 for 6 months, I doubt VW is losing too much sleep over not offering an additional colour, no matter how much you'd like it :-D
Tesla Model Y Long Range