Manual key fob….

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

I.e. not keyless entry (Life model).
Am right in saying that to open all doors and boot, the fob button has to be pressed twice rapidly? If so, if I just press once, is it meant to only open the driver’s door. I couldn’t find this mentioned in the manual.
Thanks

Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

That's correct. Our dealer told us.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
beacon39

Post by beacon39 »

You can adjust the settings on the infotainment system so that the key opens all four doors and boot on a single press of the key. Go to Vehicle-Exterior and swipe left to get the menu for window and door settings. You'll find it there.
Life Pro Performance, Stonewashed Blue - East Derry alloys - Heat pump
Aberdeen, Scotland
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

beacon39 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:30 pm You can adjust the settings on the infotainment system so that the key opens all four doors and boot on a single press of the key. Go to Vehicle-Exterior and swipe left to get the menu for window and door settings. You'll find it there.
I haven't had a chance to look at the settings menu yet, but I will. My reason for asking about which door opened with a single press, was that I noticed the driver's side rear door also opens with the single press. Is that how it's designed to work?
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Go look at the settings. That’s an option too.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Have you looked at the full online manual or just the 60-page "read me" book?

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... nuals.html

If your reg or VIN don't work yet, enter L3 VWW.

It's worth sitting in the car and just browsing through the various icons and settings pages...
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

scott28tt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:29 am Have you looked at the full online manual or just the 60-page "read me" book?

It's worth sitting in the car and just browsing through the various icons and settings pages...
I did look through the on-line manual. I saw the section for the key fob but don't think it mentioned anything about 1 press or 2 to open the car.
beacon39

Post by beacon39 »

Scratch wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:43 am
scott28tt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:29 am Have you looked at the full online manual or just the 60-page "read me" book?

I did look through the on-line manual. I saw the section for the key fob but don't think it mentioned anything about 1 press or 2 to open the car.
No, the on-line manual doesn't describe all the functionality options. The infotainment system has a lot more detail. Unfortunately it's not always obvious where to find information. You just have to spend some time in the car finding your way around the system.
Life Pro Performance, Stonewashed Blue - East Derry alloys - Heat pump
Aberdeen, Scotland