We connect app

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

The option to turn on the heated seats and wheel didn't work anyway so at least you don't have the disappointment of thinking you have a feature that doesn't work..

I have found that since the update to the Android version of the app my car's air conditioning is frequently switching on.

SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

Having the same issues as many others with the WeConnect ID app. I've contacted the support team but heard nothing back so far, but I've seen that their general advice is to 'restore to factory settings'. Probably a stupid Q: does this undo the update to v2.1?
id3 Max 2021
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

SinglePointSafety wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:13 pm Having the same issues as many others with the WeConnect ID app. I've contacted the support team but heard nothing back so far, but I've seen that their general advice is to 'restore to factory settings'. Probably a stupid Q: does this undo the update to v2.1?

No it does not.
SinglePointSafety

Thanks scott28tt, I guessed this would be the case, but nice to get confirmation. Real PITA to have to remake all of my settings eg DCC individual mode, ACC settings etc.

Read somewhere that the functionality of the app and its mobile services such as live traffic and nav map updates don't work at the moment anyway - is that the situation? Can't believe that live traffic and map updates are non-functional; I assumed they'd work from the built-in SIM, given how fundamental they are
id3 Max 2021
Deleted User 192

SinglePointSafety wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:41 am Read somewhere that the functionality of the app and its mobile services such as live traffic and nav map updates don't work at the moment anyway - is that the situation?

No idea where you would have read that, mine has been working as normal.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Ok, what am I doing wrong. The app on my iPhone isn’t showing any chargers, anywhere in the UK!
Deleted User 192

Scratch wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:00 pm Ok, what am I doing wrong. The app on my iPhone isn’t showing any chargers, anywhere in the UK!

Do you have any filters enabled on the map in the app?

What about if you zoom into an area where you know there is one?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:02 pm
Scratch wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:00 pm Ok, what am I doing wrong. The app on my iPhone isn’t showing any chargers, anywhere in the UK!

If I select all the possible chargers - nothing. Zoomed in, zoomed-out, - still nothing. Zoom in on London - nothing.
Deleted User 192

Scratch wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:32 pm
scott28tt wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:02 pm

If I select all the possible chargers - nothing. Zoomed in, zoomed-out, - still nothing. Zoom in on London - nothing.

With all the filters deselected? (White not blue)
SinglePointSafety

Success! The problem was not with the app or car - removing and reinstating the car from the app didn't do anything at all. But this morning had an email from VW, having supplied the VIN etc, to say that "all the functions and services have been activated."

And yes, the app is now showing the car's charge level and all of the mobile services look ready to go. So it was clearly a problem at the 'back end'. I hope it all keeps working.....
id3 Max 2021
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

SinglePointSafety wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:22 am Success! The problem was not with the app or car - removing and reinstating the car from the app didn't do anything at all. But this morning had an email from VW, having supplied the VIN etc, to say that "all the functions and services have been activated."

And yes, the app is now showing the car's charge level and all of the mobile services look ready to go. So it was clearly a problem at the 'back end'. I hope it all keeps working.....
Could you expand on what you mean by "all of the mobile services look ready to go"? Are you using Android? Are there different functions available between Android and IOS?
SinglePointSafety

Sure Scratch: before the 'great fix' we had effectively no connection to the car, so couldn't see the battery charge state and so on. Also, for each of the 'mobile online services' (found under the car icon/settings/mobile online services) we used to have a red exclamation mark with the error message previously described, implying that we couldn't get OTA updates for the navigation, online traffic, online route calcn etc. This is the same for both iOS and Android apps, although the exact layout might be slightly different.
id3 Max 2021
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

SinglePointSafety wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:08 am Sure Scratch: before the 'great fix' we had effectively no connection to the car, so couldn't see the battery charge state and so on. Also, for each of the 'mobile online services' (found under the car icon/settings/mobile online services) we used to have a red exclamation mark with the error message previously described, implying that we couldn't get OTA updates for the navigation, online traffic, online route calcn etc. This is the same for both iOS and Android apps, although the exact layout might be slightly different.
OK Ta. I was just getting jealous that you had more functionality than I have. Sad isn't it?
Tom Dickan-Harry

Post by Tom Dickan-Harry »

With regards to the heated seat option being accessible on the App, I'm sure that at one point it was visible on an earlier version of the App. It disappeared a few months ago. Can anyone with iOS see the option on the current 1.21.0 version?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Tom Dickan-Harry wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:12 am With regards to the heated seat option being accessible on the App, I'm sure that at one point it was visible on an earlier version of the App. It disappeared a few months ago. Can anyone with iOS see the option on the current 1.21.0 version?
Can't see it here.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Yes, it was visible.. as per the images in the 1st page of this thread. It however didn't work. Well at least my numerous attempts to get it to switch items on before I got in did nothing.
I notice that the seat heating switches off when you leave the seat (at least it does for the passenger) so I wonder if this was an overlooked factor in the inclusion of these on the app?