We connect app

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Am I correct in saying this app has limited functionality? I can’t seem to post any photos or I would show what I see.
It has the following:
Air con
Departure times
Service partner
Settings

Is that all there is?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Yep, plus a map for finding charge points, and stuff for managing We Charge.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

scott28tt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:23 pm Yep, plus a map for finding charge points, and stuff for managing We Charge.
We aren’t in a good area for charge points but I know there are some. Having set the available filters, the map shows nothing at all. Am I doing this right?
Deleted User 192

Scratch wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:07 pm
scott28tt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:23 pm Yep, plus a map for finding charge points, and stuff for managing We Charge.
We aren’t in a good area for charge points but I know there are some. Having set the available filters, the map shows nothing at all. Am I doing this right?

Depends what filters you applied, I tend to use Zap-Map instead unless I am going somewhere different and quickly want to find a We Charge compatible charger.
Deleted User 1011

Post by Deleted User 1011 »

Yes, it's still very early software. As hinted by 'Select more widgets', in future it could perhaps remotely turn on heated seats/steering wheel, defrost windows etc. Now that would be useful ...
Vauxhall

Post by Vauxhall »

RogerO-K wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:33 am Yes, it's still very early software. As hinted by 'Select more widgets', in future it could perhaps remotely turn on heated seats/steering wheel, defrost windows etc. Now that would be useful ...
The current app can turn on heated seats etc. Just tap the vehicle icon at bottom of the page then select the Air Conditioning option. This will then show a page with the necessary controls,

Paul.
ID.3 Life Pro 58Kwhr Stonewashed Blue
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Vauxhall wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:23 pm
RogerO-K wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:33 am Yes, it's still very early software. As hinted by 'Select more widgets', in future it could perhaps remotely turn on heated seats/steering wheel, defrost windows etc. Now that would be useful ...
The current app can turn on heated seats etc. Just tap the vehicle icon at bottom of the page then select the Air Conditioning option. This will then show a page with the necessary controls,

Paul.
Err not my WeConnectID app it doesn’t.. AC only…
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Vauxhall wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:23 pm The current app can turn on heated seats etc. Just tap the vehicle icon at bottom of the page then select the Air Conditioning option. This will then show a page with the necessary controls,
Thanks for the tip, I thought it was just the sir con temp on the widget, but I'm guessing that once you're in that other screen you tap the seat to turn the seat heater on.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
Deleted User 1011

Post by Deleted User 1011 »

No, my We Connect ID app only has the option to turn on the AC - there's no 'page with the necessary controls'
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

RogerO-K wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:22 am No, my We Connect ID app only has the option to turn on the AC - there's no 'page with the necessary controls'
If you go on to this screen in the app, by tapping the car icon at the bottom (second from the left)...

Then tap 'Air conditioning', as said above, which takes you to this screen...

You can then tap on the seats to turn on the seat heaters. I'm guessing the heated steering wheel turns on, as that is highlighted when you tap the seats as well...
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Mine isn't like that at all. All I see is the possibility of setting the aircon temperature and then starting it. Has there been an update to the app, which hasn't made it to IOS?
Deleted User 192

The iOS version has been updated a lot more than Android.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:08 am The iOS version has been updated a lot more than Android.
So why do you think I can’t see the screenshots for the heated seats? Is it model specific?
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:08 am The iOS version has been updated a lot more than Android.
The screen grabs I posted above are from the android app.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Scratch wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:11 am So why do you think I can’t see the screenshots for the heated seats? Is it model specific?
Mine is the basic Life Pro, so if I've got it, all models should have it.

In case it makes a difference, I collected my car 1st September, installed the app in early August in preparation for collection.

My homescreen in the app that shows the widgets only allows you to set temp and start/stop, but the air con menu in the vehicle screen allows me to do the seats.
Lammy

Post by Lammy »

My app on iOS does not look like that. I can’t turn on heated seats etc
First edition

Share £100 with me when you sign up
share.octopus.energy/dense-crab-700
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Lammy wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:56 am My app on iOS does not look like that. I can’t turn on heated seats etc
Just checked on my other half's iPhone and it looks like the android version has the function to turn on heated seats and wheel, but iOS doesn't. Looks like android's ahead in that respect.

However, my android phone shows a white ID.3 with alloys, but iOS has the correct colour and wheels. A score for iOS.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Blackeunos wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:16 pm
Lammy wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:56 am My app on iOS does not look like that. I can’t turn on heated seats etc
Just checked on my other half's iPhone and it looks like the android version has the function to turn on heated seats and wheel, but iOS doesn't. Looks like android's ahead in that respect.

However, my android phone shows a white ID.3 with alloys, but iOS has the correct colour and wheels. A score for iOS.
Not sure I’d be too bothered about what it looks like. It’s in the garage, I can go and have a look. ;). I would rather have more app functionality personally.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Well my app decided to update itself... Gone is the nice picture of the interior, to turn on the heated seats and wheel... 😥

Just the aircon temp now... but the picture of the cars the right one now 😡
Deleted User 192

Enable the option in the car so they turn on automatically when it’s cold.