Help with deciding on ID.3 Style (204 BHP) vs Family (145 BHP) trim

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Utumno wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:18 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:58 am No-one saw the £35k threshold and reduction to £2500 from £3k coming. It's not guaranteed that the givernment won't pull it in the time it takes between placing order and collecting car.

I think everyone was expecting some reduction to the value and the threshold, but I totally agree the actual numbers were a bit of a surprise. Tesla honoured the grant on orders placed but not fulfilled and I believe JLR and Audi also did. I wonder whether VW will/can do the same when the grant reduces again. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the grant taper off by £500 a year from the Autumn budget onwards.
I specifically asked our dealer about the implications of a grant change before delivery, before we signed our contract. I was assured that once the order is placed that's it, we get the price agreed after the grant is applied. Which is indeed the headline figure in the contract.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.