Max vs Family Pro Performance

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Hey everyone! Looking for your advice on whether I’m making the right decision for my use case.

I’m looking at either the Max or the Family Pro Performance. Driving use will be mostly city driving with occasional (1-2 times a month) motorway journeys doing 100-200 mile round trip. Car will be shared by me and my wife.

I’ve gotten offers from DTD for both and the Max is about £90 per month more than the Family Pro Performance on a 4 year PCP.

The main draw of the Max for me would be the electric and memory seats as well as assistance pack plus for its travel assist and extra safety features. The rear speakers are something we’d like too (mainly for young kids) although not too fussed about the AR HUD.

Given how long we’ll have the car for and the way we’ll use it, I’m leaning towards the Max. Also, I imagine the car will hold its value well with features like travel assist (which should get improved with OTAs) and the other creature comforts.

Appreciate any thoughts as well as input on anything I might’ve missed in my consideration!
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Your logic seems sound - are those features worth £90/month to you based on the amount of hours/miles you and your family will spend in the car? (only you can answer that)
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

On the subject of memory seat, so far there has been no evidence that that memory seat are being fitted. There have been a couple of people on here that have recently taken delivery of Tour's (also supposed to have memoty seat) that do not have them. The memory seat appeared in the spec from 1st July 21 onwards.
I think we need to see a few more Max and Tour's to be delivered to see if the specs are correct or not.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
craig

Post by craig »

The HUD is a great feature had it on last 4 cars and would miss it now i have the max and find it perfect but its personal choice sure you will be happy with either
VW ID3 Max Pro Performance Glacier White Metallic
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:22 pm On the subject of memory seat, so far there has been no evidence that that memory seat are being fitted. There have been a couple of people on here that have recently taken delivery of Tour's (also supposed to have memoty seat) that do not have them. The memory seat appeared in the spec from 1st July 21 onwards.
I think we need to see a few more Max and Tour's to be delivered to see if the specs are correct or not.

As Newfie knows, the memory seats are dear to my heart. I'd very much like to see a Tour with memory seats if any forumite has theirs delivered in the next few months!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Thanks for the replies, everyone!
scott28tt wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:10 pm Your logic seems sound - are those features worth £90/month to you based on the amount of hours/miles you and your family will spend in the car? (only you can answer that)
Good question and I would say so, yes.
Newfie wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:22 pm On the subject of memory seat, so far there has been no evidence that that memory seat are being fitted. There have been a couple of people on here that have recently taken delivery of Tour's (also supposed to have memoty seat) that do not have them. The memory seat appeared in the spec from 1st July 21 onwards.
Utumno wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:29 pm
As Newfie knows, the memory seats are dear to my heart. I'd very much like to see a Tour with memory seats if any forumite has theirs delivered in the next few months!
I hope the Max and Tour do have memory seats given they've been advertising the darn thing in their brochures! This is the slightly frustrating thing about VW - although I've not ordered a new car before so can't say whether it's the same for all car companies. Seeing discrepancies between what they advertise in their brochures versus what's on their configurator, and then what the dealer says, and then doing unexplainable things like removing the interior style plus as an option on the Family.
craig wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:38 pm The HUD is a great feature had it on last 4 cars and would miss it now i have the max and find it perfect but its personal choice sure you will be happy with either
That's good to know. What do you like most about the HUD?
RS6484

Post by RS6484 »

I've got the Max on lease, mainly by default as I needed a car within three weeks. Otherwise would have had the Family. But now, find the HUD invaluable due to my eyesight. I wear spectacles to drive and focussing on HUD is spot on rather than the dashboard, much less eye strain. Not too fussed by the other options but they are very nice to have, especially the massage function.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

rikimaru wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:39 am I hope the Max and Tour do have memory seats given they've been advertising the darn thing in their brochures! This is the slightly frustrating thing about VW - although I've not ordered a new car before so can't say whether it's the same for all car companies. Seeing discrepancies between what they advertise in their brochures versus what's on their configurator, and then what the dealer says, and then doing unexplainable things like removing the interior style plus as an option on the Family.

It wouldn't be the first time VW advertise something in their brochures that is just plain wrong, though normally they opt for misleading ;-)
Tesla Model Y Long Range

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Utumno wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:19 am
rikimaru wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:39 am I hope the Max and Tour do have memory seats given they've been advertising the darn thing in their brochures! This is the slightly frustrating thing about VW - although I've not ordered a new car before so can't say whether it's the same for all car companies. Seeing discrepancies between what they advertise in their brochures versus what's on their configurator, and then what the dealer says, and then doing unexplainable things like removing the interior style plus as an option on the Family.

It wouldn't be the first time VW advertise something in their brochures that is just plain wrong, though normally they opt for misleading ;-)
It's not like the seat moves randomly when no one's in it, so it's got a 50:50 chance of being right.. (assuming 2 drivers) :D That's probably good enough to qualify for VW marketing.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:00 am

It's not like the seat moves randomly when no one's in it, so it's got a 50:50 chance of being right.. (assuming 2 drivers) :D That's probably good enough to qualify for VW marketing.

"Dear Volkswagen. An electric seat that remembers the last position is not a memory seat. Love, Everyone xoxo"
so it's got a 50:50 chance of being right.. (assuming 2 drivers)
In my experience that means the seat has a 100% chance of being wrong. Mrs Utumno is all leg and I am all body, so as a result after she's driven a car I can't even get in the thing to adjust the seat...
Tesla Model Y Long Range

gailjon

Post by gailjon »

[/quote]
Mrs Utumno is all leg and I am all body,
[/quote]

You sound like the perfect couple...
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

gailjon wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:23 pm
Mrs Utumno is all leg and I am all body,
You sound like the perfect couple...

:D
Tesla Model Y Long Range

rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Thanks everyone for your help. I went for the Max in the end and just waiting for the order confirmation from VW.
RS6484 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:08 am I've got the Max on lease, mainly by default as I needed a car within three weeks. Otherwise would have had the Family. But now, find the HUD invaluable due to my eyesight. I wear spectacles to drive and focussing on HUD is spot on rather than the dashboard, much less eye strain. Not too fussed by the other options but they are very nice to have, especially the massage function.
Nice, I'm excited to try out the HUD when it arrives!

So this would be an improvement then lol
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

rikimaru wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:36 pm Thanks everyone for your help. I went for the Max in the end and just waiting for the order confirmation from VW.
Can I ask what timescales you were quoted as to delivery?
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Newfie wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:40 pm
rikimaru wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:36 pm Thanks everyone for your help. I went for the Max in the end and just waiting for the order confirmation from VW.
So mine isn’t a factory order but the leasing company said it has an expected delivery date of late November. I’m waiting for more information from them including an order number and build week etc., so will know for certain once I have those.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

rikimaru wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:13 pm
Newfie wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:40 pm
So mine isn’t a factory order but the leasing company said it has an expected delivery date of late November. I’m waiting for more information from them including an order number and build week etc., so will know for certain once I have those.
It's fairly common for lease cars through the fleet arm to jump the queue - different allocation rules.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:21 pm It's fairly common for lease cars through the fleet arm to jump the queue - different allocation rules.
Interesting, any particular reason for that? They did say it's being built as of this moment but didn't have more details to hand.

Also, I reached out to VW Support via live chat to get confirmation on whether the ID3 will get memory seats or not. Here's what they said:
This is a feature on the MAX and Tour model as standard. All other trims can be ordered from the factory at a price of 1,920.00.
When I asked why this feature is not on existing MAX and Tour models they said:
these details are in our latest price and specification guide. They may have been added within the model year changes as the Business version is now the Tour.
Not sure how helpful that really is but I tried :shrug: