Stand alone home charger

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Does anyone have a standalone home charger i.e. on a post/pole not a wall? I know it has to be a fixed permanent structure but there are plenty in hotels car parks etc. If so can you point me to who could install one.
My drive has a wide parking space several feet from front door and both my wife and myself park by reversing in to this. We need a stand alone charger which would sit behind and between our two cars. Drive is gravel and so easily excavated for cabling. Unfortunately a wall mounted one won't work because of the layout of house and entrance it would be impossible to use a wall mounted one without a long cable stretching across the access to front door ready to trip up postman and visitors and not least ourselves.
I have searched all the main installers and all seem to be wall mounted only.
Surely I am not the only one with this issue?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

So you need one on a pole, lots of independent installers should be able to do that.

Try Mr Charger to see if they can help: https://mrcharger.co.uk
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

There a number on ebay for Rolec Zappi etc £219.

Screenshot_20210911-143251_eBay.jpg

1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Thanks for responses. It does seem possible and gives me something to follow up.
Ashtara

Post by Ashtara »

Can you let me know who you end up using to fit this please?
We are in the same position
Volkswagen id3 pro tour 77kwh since May 2023
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Ashtara
I haven't ordered yet but got a very helpful reply form Mike at EVdomestic see below. They cover London and South East which suits me in Essex. The poles look good to me.

Hi John,

We do plenty of installs on posts where the parking is a little way away from the house. We tend to find that either one of the stainless steel posts from here https://evchargerpost.com/ or a half railway sleeper on its end work best.

We don’t do the groundworks ourselves but can help with the specification etc and arrange to install at a suitable time either when the trench is open or through a conduit.

The costs for the charger installation on these jobs are normally only a little more than a ‘standard’ install for the extra cable and fixings etc the prices for these are on our website. But obviously you would need to pay for any groundworks costs separately.

Hope that helps, please feel free to call if you’d like to discuss further.

Thanks,

Mike

www.evdomestic.co.uk

0330 100 5412
Ashtara

Post by Ashtara »

Hi John,

That's great thank you. We too are in Essex so ideal
Volkswagen id3 pro tour 77kwh since May 2023