It's driving me bonkers !

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Hopeful

Post by Hopeful »

Picked it up yesterday morning. Awesome bit of kit BUT the constant beeping when the speed limit for any section of road is exceeded is driving me bonkers ! spent an hour last evening playing with settings to see if the sound can be muted without success. Perhaps it isn't meant to be capable of being switched off? Any thoughts would be gratefully received!
Life Pro 58kWh Stonewashed blue with East Derry wheels

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

You can set the threshold of warning to 5mph above the actual speed limit or off altogether (and probably other settings I can't remember). Don't try and mute the warning, turn the warning off or change the threshold.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Hopeful wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:58 pm Picked it up yesterday morning. Awesome bit of kit BUT the constant beeping when the speed limit for any section of road is exceeded is driving me bonkers ! spent an hour last evening playing with settings to see if the sound can be muted without success. Perhaps it isn't meant to be capable of being switched off? Any thoughts would be gratefully received!
I'm sure you can mute them, I have.

I've got it set to show 3mph over the limit, which it does, but there isn't any audible sound with it.

Not sure exactly which menu, but there definitely is the option to turn off the 'bongs'.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Im sure you can switch it off completely in assist settings.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

As above, turn it off or increase the threshold.

It used to be even worse when it kicked in at 30kmh when you were in a 30mph zone 😉
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

You can mute it (and increase the threshold to say 3 mph over), don’t recall how without being in the car, but ours has been like that since I went through everything after picking it up.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

To disable Speed Limit Warnings, Press the Assist button. Touch on the Road Sign (1) to bring up Dynamic Road Sign Display screen. Select Speed Warning Off — this is a persistent change.
I did this early on in the ownership, primarily as at that time the cars confused miles and kms for speed limits, so would throw up a warning of exceeding a 30mph limit at 19mph!!!
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
Hopeful

Post by Hopeful »

Thanks roadhawk. All now sorted. Set it to activate when plus 5 mph - see how that goes!
Life Pro 58kWh Stonewashed blue with East Derry wheels