We Charge App.. but no 2.3?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:24 pm

Hello all!

New to the forum and a proud owner of a 3 month old ID.3 Life Pro Performance in Manganese Grey and upgraded 19" Andoya alloys :)

Got in my car around 30 minutes ago to pop into town and saw 'Update available' and I thought "finally.. 2.3!" nope just the new We Charge app! Great to finally have an app which shows charge points linked to We Charge nearby, what a bonus!

Just thought I'd share just incase if no one else was aware they were rolling it out in the UK now. :D

Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:29 pm

I got it today but not all the charger points are wecharge, it shows engenie which isn't affiliated to wecharge, there's probably some method of filtering it like the app just haven't found it yet
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.1

itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:31 pm

Bromsgroveuser wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:29 pm
I got it today but not all the charger points are wecharge, it shows engenie which isn't affiliated to wecharge, there's probably some method of filtering it like the app just haven't found it yet
Ah I see, I haven't inspected it fully but I just thought it was only We Charge affiliated points.. still great to have an app like this without having to pay for a subscription to stuff like Zap Map etc.

Scratch

Post by Scratch » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:02 am

I think I saw a message when I got in the car yesterday that "may" have said something about an update but by the time my brain had realised, the message had disappeared. Is there any way to tell what it might have been?

Anduain

Post by Anduain » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:00 am

Received this "Wecharge" update this morning.
Yorkshireman, living in Barcelona.
ID.3 Pro Max, Metallic Makena-turquoise, purchased December 2020
11kw/h 3-phase charger at home
Daily granny charge from 10am to 3pm via Solar

Breakfast

Post by Breakfast » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:39 am

Me too.

The We Charge App works well and adds much needed functionality to the car.

Plus, it’s always a little exciting to get an update…

stevelar

Post by stevelar » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:27 am

I think I got an on-screen message about this update when I was in a hurry to leave for town this morning. Think I hit "Cancel" and now I have more time I've looked in the ID System menus and can't find any mention of an update being ready. So not sure how I get it now?!
2021 ID-3 Style 58kW Pro Performance 204PS, East Derry Alloys, Heat Pump in Glacier White Metallic

MotMot

Post by MotMot » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:30 am

itsmeGAV wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:31 pm
Bromsgroveuser wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:29 pm
Ah I see, I haven't inspected it fully but I just thought it was only We Charge affiliated points.. still great to have an app like this without having to pay for a subscription to stuff like Zap Map etc.
Its showing local GM:EV chargepoints here - and instavolts.

Not the MFG ones though - and some tesco ones but not others... :D

Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:49 am

I got the We Charge App today but it doesn't seem very accurate.
If you click on a charger it tells you whether its available or not but this info doesn't correspond with Zap Map or Pod Point apps etc.
VW id3 1st Edition Moonstone Grey
Octopus referral. www.share.octopus.energy/harsh-hippo-272

RollingJ

Post by RollingJ » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:07 pm

The We Charge app is getting on my nerves.
I updated it the other day and it started asking me to login in - I've been using it for months without having to do that. It then timed out trying to log me in several times. Having finally got in, I find today that it wants me to log in again but that is consistently failing despite using the same credentials as previously.