Should my Car have a Reversing Camera (and other things)

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Can we assume you have a Panoramic glass roof?
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection

eeperman

Post by eeperman »

Yes, I do
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

All Family spec should have a rear view camera and all ID3s regardless of trim have folding mirrors.

You've either got a misbuild or a grey import from a RHD country that doesn't have those items (Eire or Malta most likely) if you don't have those.

You did buy from a proper VW dealership rather than somewhere like "motorpoint" didn't you?
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
eeperman

Post by eeperman »

Thanks, that is interesting. The car is leased via Tusker who supply my company car scheme and the car was supplied by a VW dealership in Swindon. The mirrors don't appear to fold although there is a selection on the door to make them fold. It also lacks the rearview camera and variable boot floor. I will take this up with VW tomorrow.

Really appreciate all the help you have provided so far - if anyone has a brochure/spec sheet from before 1st May then that would be really useful
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

My verdict?

🍋

Reject 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

eeperman wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:22 pm Thanks, that is interesting. The car is leased via Tusker who supply my company car scheme and the car was supplied by a VW dealership in Swindon. The mirrors don't appear to fold although there is a selection on the door to make them fold. It also lacks the rearview camera and variable boot floor. I will take this up with VW tomorrow.

Really appreciate all the help you have provided so far - if anyone has a brochure/spec sheet from before 1st May then that would be really useful
You don't need a brochure from before May - UK spec Family trim has always had a rear view camera. The description of your car really makes me feel that you have a parallel import.

My Dad once bought a new MK4 Golf 130TDI from motorpoint. It was a Maltese import. He bought it because he really wanted an auto and the UK spec 130TDI only came in manual. Maltese spec was missing fog lights.

If the car has been sourced from a proper UK dealer then it shouldn't be a grey import.

If it wasn't for the fact you have a pano glass roof, I'd be convinced you had a life spec and the folding mirrors were disabled in the menus. I'd be asking what your cloth looked like. Do you have matrix I-Q headlights and dual zone climate, lit exterior door fandles and keyless entry to go with keyless start? The Family should have all of those.

Cherry

Post by Cherry »

ID.3 Family in Ireland comes with East Derry Alloy wheels and Rear view camera.

ID.3 Family Malta comes with East Derry Alloy wheels, but does not mention a Rear view camera or Panoramic glass roof.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

When you select reverse does the badge on the boot pop up?
eeperman

Post by eeperman »

OK, just taken the car into a local dealership and the tech has confirmed that the car is missing a reversing camera, variable boot floor and keyless entry. They have emailed the supplier so I am waiting to hear from them.

Thanks for all your help so far.
Ruthf

Post by Ruthf »

Well! This is exactly what happened with our Family. Missing the reversing camera, puddle lights, centre console high, two level boot and the keyless entry. Our dealership noticed that the camera was missing when they moved the car. We were told no items could be retrofitted. Anyone missing the camera should check all other expected features…
ID.3 Family 58kw, 204ps, manganese grey, East Derry Wheels, bike prep.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Puddle lights is a really odd one as they’re standard on all UK spec cars. Keyless entry will be a hard one to retrofit…

As someone else posted - wonder if this was a car originally due for a different RHD market?
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Ruthf wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:21 am Well! This is exactly what happened with our Family. Missing the reversing camera, puddle lights, centre console high, two level boot and the keyless entry. Our dealership noticed that the camera was missing when they moved the car. We were told no items could be retrofitted. Anyone missing the camera should check all other expected features…
So have you rejected the car then or had some other discussion with VW?
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Ruthf wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:21 am Well! This is exactly what happened with our Family. Missing the reversing camera, puddle lights, centre console high, two level boot and the keyless entry. Our dealership noticed that the camera was missing when they moved the car. We were told no items could be retrofitted. Anyone missing the camera should check all other expected features…

This would have been a straight-up car rejection from me, no question. I simply wouldn’t have tolerated this kind of mis-build or mis-sell.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Assuming we've discounted the possibility of a grey import knowingly sourced by the lease company, this is a situation where I'd be looking for a reduction in lease rates to live with the missing equipment, or reject (keep driving it until a replacement arrives).

If this is a genuine misbuiild then the PDI should have picked up the discrepancies at the time.

Can't help thinking that this car has been built without those bits due to parts shortages and sold as is.

Ruthf

Post by Ruthf »

We negotiated £4000 discount on the car because of the missing items. We have to live without them and if we sell the car, we can’t really advertise it as a Family because it’s not. Initially they offered us just £2000 off and we told them no way! The alternative was waiting six months for another car!!
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Ruthf wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:27 am We negotiated £4000 discount on the car because of the missing items. We have to live without them and if we sell the car, we can’t really advertise it as a Family because it’s not. Initially they offered us just £2000 off and we told them no way! The alternative was waiting six months for another car!!
Who was your dealer? Seems quite incompetent to me if they did not do a inspection before release.
Listers?
Last edited by Cherry on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:05 am Assuming we've discounted the possibility of a grey import knowingly sourced by the lease company, this is a situation where I'd be looking for a reduction in lease rates to live with the missing equipment, or reject (keep driving it until a replacement arrives).

If this is a genuine misbuiild then the PDI should have picked up the discrepancies at the time.

Can't help thinking that this car has been built without those bits due to parts shortages and sold as is.
Does a variable boot floor need a chip? :D

After DieselgGate is this SpecGate? Are you seriously saying VW have deliberately built a different car to the official spec and not told the customer and attempted to shaft them in to paying for equipment that is missing?

Surely not!
Ruthf

Post by Ruthf »

Our car was checked by the dealer [Listers] but obviously not by VW! Several things missing from the car that were part of the Family spec. Our local Listers said it’s the only mis-built car they have seen from VW and they said they did a double take when they realised. Seems more than one unicorn car was built. Our car was built the last
week of June.
Last edited by Ruthf on Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

My uncle was a "Sucker" "Looker" in the VW van factory in Hanover until he took retirement. His only job was to check each vehicle as it rolled off the assembly line for completeness. In particular those built on Mondays sometimes had interesting stuff missing, such as, you know, wing mirrors. In German we have the term "Montagsauto" for these cars.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

In Britain we have much the same thing - a “Friday afternoon car” 🙂
Tesla Model Y Long Range