If you were buying second hand....

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

How would you be able tell, from looking around the ID3, whether or not it had a heat pump fitted?
Thanks

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Taken from the UK ID.3 group on Facebook:

"The sticker under the bonnet will say R744 if you have the heat pump and R1234yf if you don't"

Checks out on mine, it's a yellow/black sticker to the left of centre at the front.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

scott28tt wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:18 pm Taken from the UK ID.3 group on Facebook:

"The sticker under the bonnet will say R744 if you have the heat pump and R1234yf if you don't"

Checks out on mine, it's a yellow/black sticker to the left of centre at the front.
So there wouldn't be any physical attribute that would show? I was under the impression that heat pumps needed some sort of fluid in their system. If so, wouldn't there be somewhere to top that up, or refill it?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Scratch wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:30 pm
scott28tt wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:18 pm Taken from the UK ID.3 group on Facebook:

So there wouldn't be any physical attribute that would show? I was under the impression that heat pumps needed some sort of fluid in their system. If so, wouldn't there be somewhere to top that up, or refill it?

The only other thing I've read is about a code on a document (in German) which has all the spec codes on it.

I've no idea about anything physical as I don't have one and haven't seen one with.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

They do have fluid.. it's (For VW anyway) R744 (CO2) and you wouldn't be able to top it up.

https://evflux.pro/id3-cooling-and-heating/ you might be able to identify it from that,
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

The R number refers to the refrigerant type.
R744 used in the heat pump and R1234yf in a straight AC system. Its a gas in liquid form under high pressure like all AC systems.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22