General 2.3 OTA rollout to start

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

Excellent.

Despite many of us finding the update process far from optimal, I don't think we've yet had reports of a vehicle being bricked.
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515

id73

Post by id73 »

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I too have multiple warning lights on and then this morning got an error message saying "System update failed. 91CA_82. Please contact workshop"

I then got another progress bar showing update 91CA_82 0.0.0 downloading.

Does anyone know if this is the initial part of the update or the final bigger one?

I must say i find the VW software update incomprehensible and really fiddly.
Our Tesla update seemlessy in the background when connected to home wifi but as far as I can see with VW it only works when you have a minimum 3 bars of 4G signal, you have greater than 50% charge, the car is parked, the car is off, the car is not charging, the wind is blowing in a south-easterly direction and you are standing on one leg with your left sleeve rolled up

i have never seen any formal instructions from the car or VW on how to get these updates to work other than scanning this forum ocassionally.
very frustrating that it is such an opaque process

IMG_2474.jpg

bowsh123

Post by bowsh123 »

Looks like mine has fully updated, i had a few errors as others have posted, i just put this down to poor signal near where i live and it didnt download correctly, once it was home and on 4G it was fine. the system still seems slightly laggy though.. although it is quicker thank before, i fear its just something that will have to be gotten used to with VW
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

id73 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:11 am Apologies if this has already been covered, but I too have multiple warning lights on and then this morning got an error message saying "System update failed. 91CA_82. Please contact workshop"

I then got another progress bar showing update 91CA_82 0.0.0 downloading.

Does anyone know if this is the initial part of the update or the final bigger one?

I must say i find the VW software update incomprehensible and really fiddly.
Our Tesla update seemlessy in the background when connected to home wifi but as far as I can see with VW it only works when you have a minimum 3 bars of 4G signal, you have greater than 50% charge, the car is parked, the car is off, the car is not charging, the wind is blowing in a south-easterly direction and you are standing on one leg with your left sleeve rolled up

i have never seen any formal instructions from the car or VW on how to get these updates to work other than scanning this forum ocassionally.
very frustrating that it is such an opaque process
91CA_82 is the first part - I had issues installing yesterday.. took around 6 hours in the end.

What worked for me was to get back to the goodbye screen and only tap install from there and just left it do to it's thing.. anytime I pressed install let's say from the system information updates page it would come up with the same error message.
Last edited by itsmeGAV on Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I recieved my email what seems like weeks ago but nothing since? Someone must have read about my reticence on the forum and put me at the back of the queue 😂
I have been practicing though standing on one leg with my left sleeve rolled up ready in case ID73 is right. 😂
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Daveion wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:34 am I recieved my email what seems like weeks ago but nothing since? Someone must have read about my reticence on the forum and put me at the back of the queue 😂
I have been practicing though standing on one leg with my left sleeve rolled up ready in case ID73 is right. 😂
Same here. Still nothing. After a full week. I’m gonna spend some time on the Tesla configurator and see if that scares it into updating :)
beacon39

Post by beacon39 »

Pleased to say both parts installed without any problem. The first part arrived exactly two weeks after the email and second part a day later. I just pressed Install, locked the car and ignored it. One of the lucky ones, perhaps.
Life Pro Performance, Stonewashed Blue - East Derry alloys - Heat pump
Aberdeen, Scotland
VWID3-1st

Post by VWID3-1st »

Hi All

Yesterday I installed the software update on my ID3, which failed and I got this error on my screen " system update not complete. Observe warning! Vehicle wallet!".

Anyone else got this error when they updated/installed the software.

20211016_193225.jpg

VW ID.3 1st Edition, Makena Turquoise, ID Software:
Yossa

Post by Yossa »

Got the first part yesterday evening. Started with line assistance failure, got a message to install but couldn't do it at the time. Got home, searched in updates and there it was, made me turn the lights off and everything was fine. Tomorrow the big one?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Yossa wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:56 pm Tomorrow the big one?
I wouldn't count on it. Got part 1 on our Family on Monday, still waiting on part 2.

Got part 1 on the Life on Wednesday, Got part 2 on Thurs night and fully installed Fri morning.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I only have 2 bars at my house is it likely to be passing me by because my signal isnt stronger?
I haven't used the car for several days.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Jasonufc

Post by Jasonufc »

I have been waiting over the last week as well. Some Facebook ID.3 owners have said the update has started later on in the day, I.e after finishing work. I have a poor signal at my house and I park the car in the garage. I’m concerned of missing the update when I back the car out of garage, then get out of the car to shut the garage door. I’m hoping this doesn’t disrupt the connection to the servers.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Bit of a sh*tshow this one. I guess its a good thing Diess sees software as a key area, but boy do they have work to do on OTA updates.

- Parked the car in a different location with decent signal, Update 91 CA83 (not a typo) downloading 0/0MB.
- Left the car a few hours, get back in, message pops up that 91CA81 is ready to install.
- Accept it
- Note that the update will be installed the next time vehicle is in park.
- Drive off to park closer to home
- Almost immediately error 'Update error, install now not possible'
- Update has now disappeared from Update screen.

I mean, seriously. This isn't rocket science and there's no excuse.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

I’ve got the 2.3 download 3 days ago ,but still waiting for the We Charge app as anyone had the same problem?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Daveion wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:05 pm I only have 2 bars at my house is it likely to be passing me by because my signal isnt stronger?
I haven't used the car for several days.

No. Downloads only happen when the car is “started”.
Deleted User 192

It’s recommended to start the installation from the “goodbye” screen rather than fiddling about in the menus.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

But that’s just another mess. If that’s recommended, then why the pop up message when you start the car?

This hasn’t been thought through at all, and hopefully they will learn the lessons.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Sdeel7491 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:47 pm I’ve got the 2.3 download 3 days ago ,but still waiting for the We Charge app as anyone had the same problem?
I had the WeCharge app without 2.3, so this was clearly extra.

All the best

Andreas
——————
Deleted User 192

Andreas wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:07 pm But that’s just another mess. If that’s recommended, then why the pop up message when you start the car?

I don’t know, I was just trying to help.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:44 pm
Andreas wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:07 pm But that’s just another mess. If that’s recommended, then why the pop up message when you start the car?

I don’t know, I was just trying to help.
My frustration wasn't aimed at you, sorry! :ugeek:

All the best

Andreas
——————