General 2.3 OTA rollout to start

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I wonder if there is any difference between models - whether there are problems or not. For example - those with matrix headlights which we know is a feature of the update improvements - did they have more or less problems etc..?

itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

So driving home from work last night.. all of a sudden road signs unavailable, lane assist unavailable and front assist unavailable along with a 'Update available' however cannot start the update until the car is off and locked however one thing to note is that the update says 0MB but says will take 60 minutes to install.

Got home tapped install advised needed to turn off side lights etc, followed the steps however when I turn off and lock the car there is no sign of it installing, is this normal?

Just checked this morning and the update is still there along with the 3 error's - is my car fubared and needs to go to dealer or what? I'm so confused.
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

scott28tt wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:40 pm Which “smaller updates”? The only things that have been entirely silent are a new navigation database.
I had two small updates through before 2.3, for digital manual and wecharge, and another two for the same after 2.3.

If I remember correctly, they all downloaded silently in the background then triggered a notification when they were ready to install. Does that sound right?

This would have been perfectly sensible behaviour for 2.3 as well, if it were not for the assist systems suddenly going offline when the download started.

The question of why systems needed to go offline during download of an update remains. There must have been a technical reason, but I have no idea what it might have been!
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

itsmeGAV wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:04 am So driving home from work last night.. all of a sudden road signs unavailable, lane assist unavailable and front assist unavailable along with a 'Update available' however cannot start the update until the car is off and locked however one thing to note is that the update says 0MB but says will take 60 minutes to install.

Got home tapped install advised needed to turn off side lights etc, followed the steps however when I turn off and lock the car there is no sign of it installing, is this normal?

Just checked this morning and the update is still there along with the 3 error's - is my car fubared and needs to go to dealer or what? I'm so confused.
I had exactly the same worry, but the update did sort itself ok in the end.

Have you left the car with >50% battery and not being charged?

When the update is actually installing, you'll see a progress bar displayed on the infotainment screen.
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

TheJimster wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:16 am
itsmeGAV wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:04 am So driving home from work last night.. all of a sudden road signs unavailable, lane assist unavailable and front assist unavailable along with a 'Update available' however cannot start the update until the car is off and locked however one thing to note is that the update says 0MB but says will take 60 minutes to install.

When the update is actually installing, you'll see a progress bar displayed on the infotainment screen.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Car has 76% and is not on charge so no issues there... I selected 'install' from the leaving screen which said it will take 60 mins to install but car needed to be locked. Got out locked it but there isn't a progress bar which worries me.
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

itsmeGAV wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:19 am
TheJimster wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:16 am

Thanks for the quick reply!

Car has 76% and is not on charge so no issues there... I selected 'install' from the leaving screen which said it will take 60 mins to install but car needed to be locked. Got out locked it but there isn't a progress bar which worries me.
No problem! I know the car needs to be locked to trigger the update, but I can't remember for sure if I only saw the progress bar displayed when I unlocked to check the car.

See how things look after the hour is up!
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

So after just over 2 hours of waiting, go back to the car get in and boom errors are still there and update is still 'available'.. this is concerning.

This is what's under 'updates' in system information:

Update is 0mb.. :?

Question - the free data has fully run out, will this have an affect?
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

No, the free data is entirely separate.
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

Looks like a trip to the dealer is needed, big sad. :(
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

Update....

Just popped to town and the errors came up, checked the update screen and clicked install which came back with 'update failed' and the x3 errors cleared themselves. Looks to be like the update I've got is bugged as it's odd that the size of it is 0MB. I'm going to just leave it for now in hope the update corrects itself eventually.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Oh damn. I hope mine has worked. Sometime yesterday I got the 60 minute update ok - I think. Then last evening I set off what looked like a much bigger update, which said it would take 170 minutes. I will check this after noon if it’s ok or not. Prior to the first 60 minute update, I too got all those error symbols and messages going off all over the place. It was very disconcerting. As someone here said, was it designed by the apprentice? Based on what I saw I think it was designed by the cleaner. No offence to cleaners but they don’t normally do software development - do they?
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

Scratch wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:02 pm Oh damn. I hope mine has worked. Sometime yesterday I got the 60 minute update ok - I think. Then last evening I set off what looked like a much bigger update, which said it would take 170 minutes. I will check this after noon if it’s ok or not. Prior to the first 60 minute update, I too got all those error symbols and messages going off all over the place. It was very disconcerting. As someone here said, was it designed by the apprentice? Based on what I saw I think it was designed by the cleaner. No offence to cleaners but they don’t normally do software development - do they?
When you installed the 60 minute update did you spot if there was a progress bar?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Get back to the “goodbye” screen and try again, make sure the car is over 50% and is not plugged in.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

itsmeGAV wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:48 pm Update....

Just popped to town and the errors came up, checked the update screen and clicked install which came back with 'update failed' and the x3 errors cleared themselves. Looks to be like the update I've got is bugged as it's odd that the size of it is 0MB. I'm going to just leave it for now in hope the update corrects itself eventually.

It says 0MB for everyone, both part 1 and part 2 - that’s a red herring.
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

scott28tt wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:47 pm

Get back to the “goodbye” screen and try again, make sure the car is over 50% and is not plugged in.
Seconded. This did the job for me.

I also experienced the 0mb issue, which as you say is a red herring.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

itsmeGAV wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:10 pm
Scratch wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:02 pm Oh damn. I hope mine has worked. Sometime yesterday I got the 60 minute update ok - I think. Then last evening I set off what looked like a much bigger update, which said it would take 170 minutes. I will check this after noon if it’s ok or not. Prior to the first 60 minute update, I too got all those error symbols and messages going off all over the place. It was very disconcerting. As someone here said, was it designed by the apprentice? Based on what I saw I think it was designed by the cleaner. No offence to cleaners but they don’t normally do software development - do they?
When you installed the 60 minute update did you spot if there was a progress bar?
No there wasn’t.
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

TheJimster wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:07 pm
scott28tt wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:47 pm

Seconded. This did the job for me.

I also experienced the 0mb issue, which as you say is a red herring.
Ok, will give it another go shortly and maybe just leave the car over night etc.
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

So I’ve done the above and am just leaving it.. however I just opened the app and everything is greyed out however on the next screen it shows the percentage and mileage so it’s definitely not in offline mode but cannot access the ‘air conditioning’ or ‘departure times’ the settings section is also very limited.... it’s obviously doing it’s thing!

TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

I'd say that looks promising!
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

Well, it’s finally updated to the first part with errors gone.. bonus! Now to wait for the big boy update. 🙌🏻

Thanks all for being so patient!