General 2.3 OTA rollout to start

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Taken from a post in the VW ID. Drivers Club group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/volkswageniddriversclub

The update will be rolled out in waves and our planning for the countries in the coming calendar weeks (CW) is as follows:
• Wave 1 (CW38) - Germany and Austria
• Wave 2 (CW40) – Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, UK, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and others
• Wave 3 (CW42) – Greece, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia and others
• Wave 4 (tbd) – Last wave for those of you who gave their agreement too late for the planned wave or who’s ID. was not running ID.Software2.1 at that time.

Please note that the rollout week does not necessarily mean, that your ID. will download the software in the exact same week. It can take up to several weeks before the download starts. Please read our Tips & Tricks carefully: https://www.facebook.com/groups/volkswa ... 312742317/

Important:
The following requirements are necessary to be able to
• Active We Connect Start contract and your ID. is linked to your account (via the We Connect ID. app).
• Your ID. is already on ID.Software2.1.
• No factory reset or deleting the ID. from the app before the update is completely installed - otherwise we have to take your car out of the running campaign due to GDPR.

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Thanks for the update..

This concerns/confuses me - • No factory reset or deleting the ID. from the app before the update is completely installed - otherwise we have to take your car out of the running campaign due to GDPR.

I had an issue some weeks ago and ended up re-registering in effect. My ID.3 disappeared and my Tiguan reappeared in my details briefly. I hope that doesn't cause issues. I have had the recent OTA We Charge update so I think I will be good, but so far no email to consent. But this is VW and they do say 'Several weeks'.. Might get it for Xmas.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Just received my pre-2.3 request email. Opt in is coming in “days”.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Email?

You mean, in your email account?

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Deleted User 314

Yes, to my registered email address for the car. Essentially saying "get ready for 2.3", that I need 2.1 installed etc etc and that in the coming days I will receive another email requesting me to confirm participation (the usual add to permitted email sender etc)
JohnDavid

Post by JohnDavid »

Can someone please tell me how to find out if I have 2.1 installed?
Thanks in advance.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Settings -> System information -> Software : 0792 - =2.1
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

Will i be able to receive the update as I can’t connect my we account to the car because my IPhone 6 can’t be updated to 14 software!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Sdeel7491 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:03 am Will i be able to receive the update as I can’t connect my we account to the car because my IPhone 6 can’t be updated to 14 software!

Not unless you visit a dealership to have it applied, I suspect, though you may get better luck through Twitter or the Facebook group (perhaps asking them to add your VIN to the rollout ?)
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 192

Sdeel7491 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:03 am Will i be able to receive the update as I can’t connect my we account to the car because my IPhone 6 can’t be updated to 14 software!

The requirements are in the initial post.

Your only alternative is to speak to your dealer, but they can probably only do it if they get approval from VW as they would need to be paid to do it for you.

Consider that VW plan to release future updates every quarter.

If I were you, I'd be looking for a newer phone.
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

All sorted updated i pad to ios15 👍
Deleted User 314

Notification 30 minutes ago that update is ready to install.

No confirmation email.

Spain, week 39.

Will update overnight to see if it’s 2.3 or not 😀
Deleted User 192

Anduain wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm Notification 30 minutes ago that update is ready to install.

No confirmation email.

Spain, week 39.

Will update overnight to see if it’s 2.3 or not 😀

Do you already have the We Charge update? Did you get lots of assist warnings or not?
Deleted User 314

Yes, I have the We Charge app installed.
Yes, received warnings that certain elements will not work.
Unfortunately it was a digital manual update only - very surprised I was even told about it.

However, I did notice that the battery is on 35%, so will charge tonight to 50% to see if anything is different.
Deleted User 192

Anduain wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:32 am Yes, I have the We Charge app installed.
Yes, received warnings that certain elements will not work.
Unfortunately it was a digital manual update only - very surprised I was even told about it.

However, I did notice that the battery is on 35%, so will charge tonight to 50% to see if anything is different.

"certain elements" as in lots of persistent yellow warnings on the screen behind the steering wheel?

How long did it take to install? Were you prompted that it would take an hour and that you had to switch off and lock the car?
Deleted User 314

I've been back to the car, it was the digital manual only as there is no longer an update being announced and everything still on 2.1.

When the update was applied there was notification that some safety features were not available, no yellow warnings but the front sensors icon was displayed until the update was applied.

Looks like my "update day" is a Monday..
Deleted User 192

Anduain wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:55 am I've been back to the car, it was the digital manual only as there is no longer an update being announced and everything still on 2.1.

When the update was applied there was notification that some safety features were not available, no yellow warnings but the front sensors icon was displayed until the update was applied.

Looks like my "update day" is a Monday..

You would get quite a few yellow icons if it was part 1 of the 2.3 update.
Deleted User 314

scott28tt wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:50 pm

You would get quite a few yellow icons if it was part 1 of the 2.3 update.
Thanks Scott, good to know (even though I’ve watched all the videos, still missed the obvious.
Kirkbysteve

Post by Kirkbysteve »

Finally received the email from VW this morning inviting me to agree to the software update. Will now await notification to download update in the car.
RollingJ

Post by RollingJ »

Kirkbysteve wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:31 am Finally received the email from VW this morning inviting me to agree to the software update. Will now await notification to download update in the car.
Got mine too.

Does anyone following this conversation know how long it will take to install? Hopefully there will be an option to schedule it or at least choose when to start the process.