General 2.3 OTA rollout to start

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

I've had my first edition for 12 months now and no sign of 2.3 update even though i agreed to it by the email
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw

G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

Mine started this morning first thing, did the first part and after getting home it was telling me the "second" part was ready. But had to put it on charge to get the level over 50% to re-get the install option. That done its hopefully doing the 910 final part over night, forget how long it suggested this would take.
This morning 26 Oct 21 all done ID software 2.3 showing. Like clockwork! Hopefully this is sign of VW getting to grips with their role out!
Last edited by G4XUR on Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

rawws wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:47 pm I am still on 2.1 and have not recieved an email for 2.3 is everyone updated or the rollout is still going. I have been signed in the we connect id app for 6 weeks when i got delivery of car, infotainment doesnt show an update and not recieved any email to accept updates

If you haven’t had the email the car won’t show anything as VW won’t have approved your VIN.

Send an email to iddirect@volkswagen.de from the email address associated with your VW account used for the We Connect ID. app.
rawws

Post by rawws »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:39 pm
rawws wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:47 pm I am still on 2.1 and have not recieved an email for 2.3 is everyone updated or the rollout is still going. I have been signed in the we connect id app for 6 weeks when i got delivery of car, infotainment doesnt show an update and not recieved any email to accept updates

If you haven’t had the email the car won’t show anything as VW won’t have approved your VIN.

Send an email to iddirect@volkswagen.de from the email address associated with your VW account used for the We Connect ID. app.
Ok thanks have sent them email will see
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

If you only got the car 6 weeks ago you must have just missed it being shipped with 2.3 already. Anyway, I've had the email (1st October) and still haven't had a sign of the update yet so I assume it's still going on.
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

I had the first update around 1 week and a half ago.. still waiting on part 2, it will come at some point I hope :)
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Received email and agreed October 1st, not a dickie bird since. In fairness their email says it may take a few weeks, but at nearly 4 weeks it ought to be around now surely, can't take the suspense :|
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

The WeCharge update happened OK, but queried it anyway with VIN number. Extracts from what looks like a standard reply from We Support .....all points that have been discussed on here

"We would like to inform you that updates are currently available for your vehicle. The update is being prepared in the background. As soon as the update is ready to be installed in the vehicle, this will be displayed on the "Goodbye" screen after you have parked your vehicle on an area with good internet reception....."

"Please take into consideration that during the update, the vehicle cannot be driven, therefore, it is advisable to perform the update at a convenient time that is suitable for you. It is also required that the battery level is at a minimum of 50% and the vehicle is in ‘online mode’....."
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Leccy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:39 am The WeCharge update happened OK, but queried it anyway with VIN number. Extracts from what looks like a standard reply from We Support .....all points that have been discussed on here

"We would like to inform you that updates are currently available for your vehicle. The update is being prepared in the background. As soon as the update is ready to be installed in the vehicle, this will be displayed on the "Goodbye" screen after you have parked your vehicle on an area with good internet reception....."

"Please take into consideration that during the update, the vehicle cannot be driven, therefore, it is advisable to perform the update at a convenient time that is suitable for you. It is also required that the battery level is at a minimum of 50% and the vehicle is in ‘online mode’....."
Exactly the same answer to me yesterday but still no action
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
rawws

Post by rawws »

Ok by these responses i take it the updates havent finished rolling out then, will see if we get the updates this year, my main concern is everyone is saying they got the email to accept the update but i havent. We connect support didnt help much , anyway will wait for few more weeks to see
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

As per a message from Scott, email here iddirect@volkswagen.de and ask them if you’ve given consent and tell them you give them consent.

They responded quickly to me and said I’m “in”.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Today the front assist warnings came up and when we got home the update available message duly appeared, which we responded to with install, locked up and left it. Checked an hour or so later, no sign that anything happened (other than the assist warnings have gone), but curiously the signal has changed from 4G to 3G.

Drove it round the block, toggled online/offline, still 3G. Not seen that before or seen anything about that being a thing in relation to the updating process. Part 2 should download now that part 1 is (probably) done, but rather slowly, if at all on a 3G connection?
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Same with me yesterday. And today it’s back to 4G but nonsign of part 2. Despite about an hour of driving today. Who knows! At least the process has started!
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Leccy and MotMot
Same happened here. This was two weeks ago on the Sunday (17th) first part ready to update; then when I looked 2hrs later 4G changed to 3G.
Our signal here is usually 2 bars of 4G, but I happened to park in a full (5 bars) 4G area on the Monday for two hours.
On Wednesday 20th the second part was available for an update, I left it overnight. Now 3G again, but since has reverted to 4G.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Ah, thanks both, good to know we’re not alone on this adventure 😆
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

Received this email back from VW yesterday! Just carried instructions and successfully downloaded We charge within the hour!

15169ABD-37D2-42D4-B50B-848495743FEA.jpeg

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Leccy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:14 pm Today the front assist warnings came up and when we got home the update available message duly appeared, which we responded to with install, locked up and left it. Checked an hour or so later, no sign that anything happened (other than the assist warnings have gone), but curiously the signal has changed from 4G to 3G.

Drove it round the block, toggled online/offline, still 3G. Not seen that before or seen anything about that being a thing in relation to the updating process. Part 2 should download now that part 1 is (probably) done, but rather slowly, if at all on a 3G connection?

The lack of warnings mean that part 1 is installed.

Lots of people have reported the 3G thing.

Part 2 will download soon enough.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

We really should have a new locked thread or something with the best 2.3 advice in it periodically updated. Then anyone experiencing 2.3 issues or questions could just be pointed to it and find out where they are on the process and what to do next
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Sdeel7491 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:05 pm Received this email back from VW yesterday! Just carried instructions and successfully downloaded We charge within the hour!
Sdeel7491 - Can I ask what the VW email address you used is please?

My WeCharge app disappeared after the ultimately otherwise successful 2.3 update more than 2 weeks ago and is showing no signs of reappearing.

Did doing a factory reset mean you lost a lot of setting you had personally selected and result in you having to set them up again? If so I am not sure getting the WeCharge app back is worth that hassle, given that I have never used it for real! My main concern is that clearly the car should have the app, and as it doesn't something must have gone wrong with the update, and therefore there might be other issues that I am not yet aware of.

Thanks
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

scott28tt wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:58 pm
Leccy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:14 pm Today the front assist warnings came up and when we got home the update available message duly appeared, which we responded to with install, locked up and left it. Checked an hour or so later, no sign that anything happened (other than the assist warnings have gone), but curiously the signal has changed from 4G to 3G.

The lack of warnings mean that part 1 is installed.

Lots of people have reported the 3G thing.

Part 2 will download soon enough.
Had all the usual warnings on the small screen on my way out last night and then on the main screen it told me there had been a download but only had am okay button to pressed it , didn't get any other info etc when I turned it off and it's done nothing this morning and I still have all the warnings also in the system update page I have the following
Installation 91CA_82 0.0.0.
Any ideas anyone?