General 2.3 OTA rollout to start

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:08 am
scott28tt wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:58 pm
Leccy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:14 pm Today the front assist warnings came up and when we got home the update available message duly appeared, which we responded to with install, locked up and left it. Checked an hour or so later, no sign that anything happened (other than the assist warnings have gone), but curiously the signal has changed from 4G to 3G.

Drove it round the block, toggled online/offline, still 3G. Not seen that before or seen anything about that being a thing in relation to the updating process. Part 2 should download now that part 1 is (probably) done, but rather slowly, if at all on a 3G connection?

The lack of warnings mean that part 1 is installed.

Lots of people have reported the 3G thing.

Part 2 will download soon enough.
Had all the usual warnings on the small screen on my way out last night and then on the main screen it told me there had been a download but only had am okay button to pressed it , didn't get any other info etc when I turned it off and it's done nothing this morning and I still have all the warnings also in the system update page I have the following
Installation 91CA_82 0.0.0.
Any ideas anyone?
Think I've solved the problem , drove it round the block and when I got back the screen was there telling me the update was there so pressed to start jt and locked the car , here's hoping 🤞
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:08 am
scott28tt wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:58 pm
Leccy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:14 pm Today the front assist warnings came up and when we got home the update available message duly appeared, which we responded to with install, locked up and left it. Checked an hour or so later, no sign that anything happened (other than the assist warnings have gone), but curiously the signal has changed from 4G to 3G.

Drove it round the block, toggled online/offline, still 3G. Not seen that before or seen anything about that being a thing in relation to the updating process. Part 2 should download now that part 1 is (probably) done, but rather slowly, if at all on a 3G connection?

The lack of warnings mean that part 1 is installed.

Lots of people have reported the 3G thing.

Part 2 will download soon enough.
Had all the usual warnings on the small screen on my way out last night and then on the main screen it told me there had been a download but only had am okay button to pressed it , didn't get any other info etc when I turned it off and it's done nothing this morning and I still have all the warnings also in the system update page I have the following
Installation 91CA_82 0.0.0.
Any ideas anyone?

You should get the option to install on the goodbye screen.

Make sure your charge level is above 50%, the car isn’t plugged in, lock it up and leave it for at least 70 minutes.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Didn't get it last night but just taken it round the block and on arriving home up it popped so it's updating now any idea how to tell when it's finished
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

Hi Sherlock I emailed iddireact@volkwagon.de !
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Sdeel7491 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:02 pm Hi Sherlock I emailed iddireact@volkwagon.de !
Many thanks.
Deleted User 192

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:21 am Didn't get it last night but just taken it round the block and on arriving home up it popped so it's updating now any idea how to tell when it's finished

Wait at least 70 minutes, then unlock it and see what it says.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:11 pm
Bromsgroveuser wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:21 am Didn't get it last night but just taken it round the block and on arriving home up it popped so it's updating now any idea how to tell when it's finished

Did that followed the instructions now its on 3g expect that will change back when part 2 downloads
Deleted User 192

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:28 pm
scott28tt wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:11 pm

Did that followed the instructions now its on 3g expect that will change back when part 2 downloads

Yes that’s normal behaviour, so long as the front assist warnings are gone that’s part 1 all sorted.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Well I have remained patient (ish) until now, as it's 1 month since the email was sent, I have emailed iddirect@volkswagen.de to ask what is going on, I appreciate it said weeks in the email, but given that VW have suggested there will be quarterly updates I can see 2.4 being announced and I am still waiting for 2.3... (and my Nav is still 21.5) I made sure every day last week to get in it, wait a couple of minutes for everything to connect, then start up and drive around in a strong 4G signal area and still nothing.
BEN44R

Post by BEN44R »

My situation exactly, not to excited about content of update, just want to know my car is capable of receiving said OTA updates, waiting for VW Tech to get back to me.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, Wheels 18" East Derry
AndersG

Post by AndersG »

We got ours last weekend (Finland). There was no prior warning other than three error messages: Lane assist, Front assist and the roadsign stuff. Turns out that this is the way it works... I just wish the good people in Wolfsburg would do a better job documenting what to expect...

The ability to change the home button to a flag is neat, but lots of flags are absent.

Apparently did they add "auto" for nav day/night.
Deleted User 192

AndersG wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:52 am We got ours last weekend (Finland). There was no prior warning other than three error messages: Lane assist, Front assist and the roadsign stuff. Turns out that this is the way it works... I just wish the good people in Wolfsburg would do a better job documenting what to expect...

That's what it said in the email they sent where everyone agreed to receive the update.
AndersG

Post by AndersG »

You are right.. But for various reasons do they elect to send out the info on the wrong language, so we missed that.
Deleted User 192

AndersG wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:23 pm You are right.. But for various reasons do they elect to send out the info on the wrong language, so we missed that.

I read that the email language relates to the country set in the user's VW profile for the account used for the We Connect ID. app.
AndersG

Post by AndersG »

Yes and it cannot be changed after the fact, which is pretty lame. I was told I needed to delete and recreate it, but that would make the update not apply, but I guess now that I have it, then we can do that. That the suggestion is set to a default for a country and not from the browser accept language is bound to wreak havoc in countries with multiple, official languages.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

AndersG wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:04 pm Yes and it cannot be changed after the fact, which is pretty lame. I was told I needed to delete and recreate it, but that would make the update not apply, but I guess now that I have it, then we can do that. That the suggestion is set to a default for a country and not from the browser accept language is bound to wreak havoc in countries with multiple, official languages.
Is this not based on your My Volkswagen data? https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/myvolkswagen.html

myvolkswagen.PNG

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Update happening right now, it finally downloaded :) Returning in about 70 minutes! The patience (insane laughter) paid off !

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 17.47.08.png

AndersG

Post by AndersG »

"Is this not based on your My Volkswagen data?"

Apparently not. I asked them and they said it was stored somewhere else and could not be changed.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

AndersG wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:54 pm "Is this not based on your My Volkswagen data?"

Apparently not. I asked them and they said it was stored somewhere else and could not be changed.
Wow.. Mind Boggling.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Well, somewhat alarmingly it appears to have finished and now the screen doesn’t come on, or rather it is grey.

Will leave it off overnight to do a restart and see what the score is tomorrow.