General 2.3 OTA rollout to start

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
mark83

Post by mark83 »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:32 am
Bromsgroveuser wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:08 am
scott28tt wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:58 pm

The lack of warnings mean that part 1 is installed.

Lots of people have reported the 3G thing.

Part 2 will download soon enough.
Had all the usual warnings on the small screen on my way out last night and then on the main screen it told me there had been a download but only had am okay button to pressed it , didn't get any other info etc when I turned it off and it's done nothing this morning and I still have all the warnings also in the system update page I have the following
Installation 91CA_82 0.0.0.
Any ideas anyone?
Think I've solved the problem , drove it round the block and when I got back the screen was there telling me the update was there so pressed to start jt and locked the car , here's hoping 🤞

I had this same problem, did the same thing, went round the block, then got the install prompt on the goodbye screen. Locked the car and left it for almost 6 hours, came back to check it, and still now have the same "Installation 91CA_82 0.0.0." message in the system updates page.

Anyone got any ideas what to do with it at this point?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

mark83 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:45 pm
I had this same problem, did the same thing, went round the block, then got the install prompt on the goodbye screen. Locked the car and left it for almost 6 hours, came back to check it, and still now have the same "Installation 91CA_82 0.0.0." message in the system updates page.

Charge to over 50%, don’t plug it in, trigger it again on the goodbye screen, lock it, leave for 70 minutes.

That’s all you can do.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Well had a standard email reply from VW telling me to go to System Information and then choose Start Update option.. It hasn't downloaded so I don't have that option, I explained that in my email...

I also note that in the email instructions I am to " .. place the gear lever in Park"? I never thought to check, anyone else had their ID.3 delivered without the Gear lever?

On top of that, I have now seen that the Nav software is updating to 21.9 for some people. Getting annoyed now, which is a real shame as the car is actually fine, I have no issues (except a few dodgy speed limit changes, hence wanting to see if Nav update fixes a few). This inept ability to roll out a software update is ruining what is a lovely car for me.
smuj

Post by smuj »

I think that the OTA updates is the one thing I am least looking forward to. I’m sure VW have their reasons for doing it this way but I find it hard to understand why. Seems to be an element of pot luck whether or not it goes well.

Should be able to park on my drive, connect to either wifi or mobile network and start the update in the menu, leaving the car to just get on with it. It’s not something new. I’ve been updating my Apple devices for years this way and Apple don’t seem to have any problem getting updates out to millions of devices several times a year. This is the same for many other manufacturers.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

Finally the second part popped up yesterday along with the 3 error messages however managed to install successfully and now have 2.3 installed.

On a side note..... my battery was at 45% and it updated with no issues.
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.
Deleted User 192

itsmeGAV wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:41 am Finally the second part popped up yesterday along with the 3 error messages however managed to install successfully and now have 2.3 installed.

The 3 warning symbols for front assist systems relate to part 1, not part 2 - the symbols and messages go away after part 1 is installed.
smuj

Post by smuj »

To all those still waiting for v2.3 I’ve just read on speakev forum that v3.0 is about ready for release. No actual date yet though.
Smuj

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Ugh. <number>.0 releases give me the fear.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 192

smuj wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:47 am To all those still waiting for v2.3 I’ve just read on speakev forum that v3.0 is about ready for release. No actual date yet though.

Well there's a Battery Life video about it on YouTube tomorrow, nothing more...
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:32 am
Bromsgroveuser wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:08 am

Had all the usual warnings on the small screen on my way out last night and then on the main screen it told me there had been a download but only had am okay button to pressed it , didn't get any other info etc when I turned it off and it's done nothing this morning and I still have all the warnings also in the system update page I have the following
Installation 91CA_82 0.0.0.
Any ideas anyone?
Think I've solved the problem , drove it round the block and when I got back the screen was there telling me the update was there so pressed to start jt and locked the car , here's hoping 🤞

Part 2 successfully installed today but the we charge app which loaded a few weeks ago seems to have disappeared
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
smuj

Post by smuj »

scott28tt wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:33 pm
smuj wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:47 am To all those still waiting for v2.3 I’ve just read on speakev forum that v3.0 is about ready for release. No actual date yet though.

Well there's a Battery Life video about it on YouTube tomorrow, nothing more...
This is what I was referring to. If VW are correct with their 4 updates per year, sure I’ve seen that somewhere, then the next release after 2.3 must be around the corner.

0115D1E9-CE75-4615-BAC0-2FCC5D2CAD46.jpeg

Smuj

Deleted User 192

"about ready to release" - I'll see what Chris says in the video first, seeing as 2.3 is still mid-rollout.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I wonder if 3.0 will require that "new hardware" they mention 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

mark83

Post by mark83 »

scott28tt wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:03 am

Charge to over 50%, don’t plug it in, trigger it again on the goodbye screen, lock it, leave for 70 minutes.

That’s all you can do.

I kicked the update off again this morning from the Goodbye screen and when I came back to it tonight, success, it'd finished the update. So all good in the end.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

This too :

Hold a chicken in the air
Stick a deckchair up your nose
Buy a jumbo jet
And then bury all your clothes
Paint your left knee green
Then extract your wisdom teeth
Form a string quartet
And pretend your name is Keith
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

I did the Keith thing and it installed overnight, all good.

Please follow the steps above.
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

scott28tt wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:51 am
itsmeGAV wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:41 am Finally the second part popped up yesterday along with the 3 error messages however managed to install successfully and now have 2.3 installed.

The 3 warning symbols for front assist systems relate to part 1, not part 2 - the symbols and messages go away after part 1 is installed.
I also thought that too, however the same 3 errors popped up as the part 2 update started downloading but they didn't stay permanent like they did on the first part.... they disappeared quite quickly.

I'm definitely on 2.3 now :)
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.
Deleted User 192

itsmeGAV wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:34 pm

I also thought that too, however the same 3 errors popped up as the part 2 update started downloading but they didn't stay permanent like they did on the first part.... they disappeared quite quickly.

In which case that was purely coincidental.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

scott28tt wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:43 am

I got the final 2.3 update yesterday but at the same time it deleted the we charge app, weird or what
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Deleted User 192

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:29 am
scott28tt wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:43 am

I got the final 2.3 update yesterday but at the same time it deleted the we charge app, weird or what

Yes that happens, it will come back as an additional download (at some point)