General 2.3 OTA rollout to start

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

scott28tt wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:00 am
Bromsgroveuser wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:29 am
scott28tt wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:43 am

In which case that was purely coincidental.
I got the final 2.3 update yesterday but at the same time it deleted the we charge app, weird or what

Yes that happens, it will come back as an additional download (at some point)
2 weeks gone and mine hasn't come back fyi

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Mine done. Wouldn’t install without a bit of signal so took outside and kicked it off. Note, if like me you don’t normally turn off the car with the button then you won’t be able to trigger the upgrade so remember to press the button to turn the car off. I *still* forgot to do that, despite reading all the posts. :?

Went without a hitch, deleted the WeCharge app which it then reinstalled after finished.

I like the new fonts and I like the St George flag we have as our button as it’s England and Catalunya.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Good to get it done @Anduain! When you say press the button, you’re talking about the park button right? Charged ours last night as it was on 35% and I’m thinking today might be the day for part 2 on ours, it was last Saturday that part 1 happened and I’ve seen mention of weekly polling for updates. I live in hope 🤞
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
BEN44R

Post by BEN44R »

Good luck, mine updated 4th Nov part 1 & Part 2 followed the next day. luckily had no issues, also did not need to switch off lights on Goodbye screen for part 1, when part 2 finished I did not press the connect to internet button until I drove to a strong 4G signal, then the final update came through immediately (Wecharge App and Manual.)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, Wheels 18" East Derry
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Anduain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:48 pm Mine done. Wouldn’t install without a bit of signal so took outside and kicked it off. Note, if like me you don’t normally turn off the car with the button then you won’t be able to trigger the upgrade so remember to press the button to turn the car off. I *still* forgot to do that, despite reading all the posts. :?

You shouldn’t need any signal to start the installation, the car will ask to go online the next time you get in to “complete” the process though.

You mean the start/stop button on the steering column? No idea what that has to do with the update process. I got to the goodbye screen by putting the drive mode into P as usual, then selected to start the update, then just got out of the car and locked it up.
Deleted User 314

I did need signal to kick it off. Update was available in the garage but would not start. Took outside and repeated the same thing, it offered the button to install/upgrade.

At home I usually come to a stop with auto hold, open door, get out and lock the car . Maybe not good practice but that’s why I needed the start/stop. Imagine the park button would do the same as Scott says.

Considering what it is doing I don’t think this is overly complex, the coders need to cover all eventualities with Joe/Josephine public, so checks and balances are cool IMO.

My expectation is future updates will be increasingly invisible, depending on what is impacted.
Deleted User 192

Anduain wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:49 pm I did need signal to kick it off. Update was available in the garage but would not start. Took outside and repeated the same thing, it offered the button to install/upgrade.

At home I usually come to a stop with auto hold, open door, get out and lock the car . Maybe not good practice but that’s why I needed the start/stop. Imagine the park button would do the same as Scott says.

From everything I’ve read, your car “needing” signal to initiate the installation is a coincidence.

Getting out of your seat would engage the parking brake.
Deleted User 314

You’re probably right, a lot of variables.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

What version of the navigation database are folks on after the 2.3 update?
Immediately after the 2.3 update a few weeks the car was saying my navigation database was 21.8, but now it says it is 21.9.
I am unaware of any update happening in the meantime?
This car really is full of mysteries
Deleted User 192

The nav db updates independently of everything else, in the background, always has done…
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:06 pm The nav db updates independently of everything else, in the background, always has done…
Well thank you sir - I must have missed that bit in the Comprehensive documentation. Pardon me.
Are you on 21.9 as well then?
What made me notice it was I spotted that on the video that Battery Life put on YouTube of the version 3 software on the ID.5 that it had version 21.8 of the nav. db. and it surprised me that my car would have a later version than the V3 ID.5!
Deleted User 192

Sherlock wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:13 pm
scott28tt wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:06 pm The nav db updates independently of everything else, in the background, always has done…
Well thank you sir - I must have missed that bit in the Comprehensive documentation. Pardon me.
What made me notice it was I spotted that on the video that Battery Life put on YouTube of the version 3 software on the ID.5 that it had version 21.8 of the nav. db. and it surprised me that my car would have a later version than the V3 ID.5!

No idea what mine is on, I use Apple Maps via CarPlay most of the time so don’t really think about it.
JamesT25

Post by JamesT25 »

Just wanted to chime in, mine updated part1 last week, part2 yesterday. Feels much more polished and SNAPPY! A year after I bought the car but at least its a lot more "mature" now

Love VW but this hasn't been an amazing experience
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

V2.3, digital manual and wecharge app
update just completed. Does look a bit more polished nicer, look forward to coming across the improvements.

Changed the home button to 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿, would have preferred a 🇬🇧, but can’t have it all 😆
Last edited by Leccy on Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:22 pm
Sherlock wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:13 pm

No idea what mine is on, I use Apple Maps via CarPlay most of the time so don’t really think about it.
Ah - good for you.
I have never been able to get Android Auto to work without plugging my phone into the USB-C socket and can't be faffed with that every time I get into or out of the car. I prefer to use the car's built-in satnav. That's what it is there for after all.
Deleted User 192

Leccy wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:08 pm V2.3, digital manual and wecharge app
update just completed. Does look a bit more polished nicer, look forward to coming across the improvements.

Changed the home button to 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿, would have preferred a 🇬🇧, but can’t have it all 😆

The flags are of those nations who qualified for Euro 2020, played in June/July 2021, which goes to show how long ago VW wanted to have them as an option.

I changed mine, then changed it back again.
Last edited by Deleted User 192 on Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

My android auto works perfectly wirelessly, i even surprised myself when i got it to work
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Ah, of course @scott28tt, their UEFA sponsorship, better late than never.
Dluks

Post by Dluks »

VWID3-1st wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:46 am Hi All

Yesterday I installed the software update on my ID3, which failed and I got this error on my screen " system update not complete. Observe warning! Vehicle wallet!".

Anyone else got this error when they updated/installed the software.

20211016_193225.jpg
Hi, has anyone solved this? My local dealer said they won't be able to reinstall 2.3 to my car as it is only available as OTA.
Weird thing is that the update seems complete to me, system says it's 2.3 and everything seems to work. But it just keeps showing that warning.