General 2.3 OTA rollout to start

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Oh damn. I hope mine has worked. Sometime yesterday I got the 60 minute update ok - I think. Then last evening I set off what looked like a much bigger update, which said it would take 170 minutes. I will check this after noon if it’s ok or not. Prior to the first 60 minute update, I too got all those error symbols and messages going off all over the place. It was very disconcerting. As someone here said, was it designed by the apprentice? Based on what I saw I think it was designed by the cleaner. No offence to cleaners but they don’t normally do software development - do they?

itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

Scratch wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:02 pm Oh damn. I hope mine has worked. Sometime yesterday I got the 60 minute update ok - I think. Then last evening I set off what looked like a much bigger update, which said it would take 170 minutes. I will check this after noon if it’s ok or not. Prior to the first 60 minute update, I too got all those error symbols and messages going off all over the place. It was very disconcerting. As someone here said, was it designed by the apprentice? Based on what I saw I think it was designed by the cleaner. No offence to cleaners but they don’t normally do software development - do they?
When you installed the 60 minute update did you spot if there was a progress bar?
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

itsmeGAV wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:04 am So driving home from work last night.. all of a sudden road signs unavailable, lane assist unavailable and front assist unavailable along with a 'Update available' however cannot start the update until the car is off and locked however one thing to note is that the update says 0MB but says will take 60 minutes to install.

Got home tapped install advised needed to turn off side lights etc, followed the steps however when I turn off and lock the car there is no sign of it installing, is this normal?

Just checked this morning and the update is still there along with the 3 error's - is my car fubared and needs to go to dealer or what? I'm so confused.

Get back to the “goodbye” screen and try again, make sure the car is over 50% and is not plugged in.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

itsmeGAV wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:48 pm Update....

Just popped to town and the errors came up, checked the update screen and clicked install which came back with 'update failed' and the x3 errors cleared themselves. Looks to be like the update I've got is bugged as it's odd that the size of it is 0MB. I'm going to just leave it for now in hope the update corrects itself eventually.

It says 0MB for everyone, both part 1 and part 2 - that’s a red herring.
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

scott28tt wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:47 pm
itsmeGAV wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:04 am So driving home from work last night.. all of a sudden road signs unavailable, lane assist unavailable and front assist unavailable along with a 'Update available' however cannot start the update until the car is off and locked however one thing to note is that the update says 0MB but says will take 60 minutes to install.

Got home tapped install advised needed to turn off side lights etc, followed the steps however when I turn off and lock the car there is no sign of it installing, is this normal?

Just checked this morning and the update is still there along with the 3 error's - is my car fubared and needs to go to dealer or what? I'm so confused.

Get back to the “goodbye” screen and try again, make sure the car is over 50% and is not plugged in.
Seconded. This did the job for me.

I also experienced the 0mb issue, which as you say is a red herring.
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

itsmeGAV wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:10 pm
Scratch wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:02 pm Oh damn. I hope mine has worked. Sometime yesterday I got the 60 minute update ok - I think. Then last evening I set off what looked like a much bigger update, which said it would take 170 minutes. I will check this after noon if it’s ok or not. Prior to the first 60 minute update, I too got all those error symbols and messages going off all over the place. It was very disconcerting. As someone here said, was it designed by the apprentice? Based on what I saw I think it was designed by the cleaner. No offence to cleaners but they don’t normally do software development - do they?
When you installed the 60 minute update did you spot if there was a progress bar?
No there wasn’t.
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

TheJimster wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:07 pm
scott28tt wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:47 pm

Seconded. This did the job for me.

I also experienced the 0mb issue, which as you say is a red herring.
Ok, will give it another go shortly and maybe just leave the car over night etc.
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

So I’ve done the above and am just leaving it.. however I just opened the app and everything is greyed out however on the next screen it shows the percentage and mileage so it’s definitely not in offline mode but cannot access the ‘air conditioning’ or ‘departure times’ the settings section is also very limited.... it’s obviously doing it’s thing!

TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

I'd say that looks promising!
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

Well, it’s finally updated to the first part with errors gone.. bonus! Now to wait for the big boy update. 🙌🏻

Thanks all for being so patient!
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

Excellent.

Despite many of us finding the update process far from optimal, I don't think we've yet had reports of a vehicle being bricked.
id73

Post by id73 »

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I too have multiple warning lights on and then this morning got an error message saying "System update failed. 91CA_82. Please contact workshop"

I then got another progress bar showing update 91CA_82 0.0.0 downloading.

Does anyone know if this is the initial part of the update or the final bigger one?

I must say i find the VW software update incomprehensible and really fiddly.
Our Tesla update seemlessy in the background when connected to home wifi but as far as I can see with VW it only works when you have a minimum 3 bars of 4G signal, you have greater than 50% charge, the car is parked, the car is off, the car is not charging, the wind is blowing in a south-easterly direction and you are standing on one leg with your left sleeve rolled up

i have never seen any formal instructions from the car or VW on how to get these updates to work other than scanning this forum ocassionally.
very frustrating that it is such an opaque process

IMG_2474.jpg

bowsh123

Post by bowsh123 »

Looks like mine has fully updated, i had a few errors as others have posted, i just put this down to poor signal near where i live and it didnt download correctly, once it was home and on 4G it was fine. the system still seems slightly laggy though.. although it is quicker thank before, i fear its just something that will have to be gotten used to with VW
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

id73 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:11 am Apologies if this has already been covered, but I too have multiple warning lights on and then this morning got an error message saying "System update failed. 91CA_82. Please contact workshop"

I then got another progress bar showing update 91CA_82 0.0.0 downloading.

Does anyone know if this is the initial part of the update or the final bigger one?

I must say i find the VW software update incomprehensible and really fiddly.
Our Tesla update seemlessy in the background when connected to home wifi but as far as I can see with VW it only works when you have a minimum 3 bars of 4G signal, you have greater than 50% charge, the car is parked, the car is off, the car is not charging, the wind is blowing in a south-easterly direction and you are standing on one leg with your left sleeve rolled up

i have never seen any formal instructions from the car or VW on how to get these updates to work other than scanning this forum ocassionally.
very frustrating that it is such an opaque process
91CA_82 is the first part - I had issues installing yesterday.. took around 6 hours in the end.

What worked for me was to get back to the goodbye screen and only tap install from there and just left it do to it's thing.. anytime I pressed install let's say from the system information updates page it would come up with the same error message.
Last edited by itsmeGAV on Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I recieved my email what seems like weeks ago but nothing since? Someone must have read about my reticence on the forum and put me at the back of the queue 😂
I have been practicing though standing on one leg with my left sleeve rolled up ready in case ID73 is right. 😂
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Daveion wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:34 am I recieved my email what seems like weeks ago but nothing since? Someone must have read about my reticence on the forum and put me at the back of the queue 😂
I have been practicing though standing on one leg with my left sleeve rolled up ready in case ID73 is right. 😂
Same here. Still nothing. After a full week. I’m gonna spend some time on the Tesla configurator and see if that scares it into updating :)
beacon39

Post by beacon39 »

Pleased to say both parts installed without any problem. The first part arrived exactly two weeks after the email and second part a day later. I just pressed Install, locked the car and ignored it. One of the lucky ones, perhaps.
Life Pro Performance, Stonewashed Blue - East Derry alloys - Heat pump
Aberdeen, Scotland
VWID3-1st

Post by VWID3-1st »

Hi All

Yesterday I installed the software update on my ID3, which failed and I got this error on my screen " system update not complete. Observe warning! Vehicle wallet!".

Anyone else got this error when they updated/installed the software.

20211016_193225.jpg

VW ID.3 1st Edition, Makena Turquoise, ID Software:
Yossa

Post by Yossa »

Got the first part yesterday evening. Started with line assistance failure, got a message to install but couldn't do it at the time. Got home, searched in updates and there it was, made me turn the lights off and everything was fine. Tomorrow the big one?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Yossa wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:56 pm Tomorrow the big one?
I wouldn't count on it. Got part 1 on our Family on Monday, still waiting on part 2.

Got part 1 on the Life on Wednesday, Got part 2 on Thurs night and fully installed Fri morning.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565