General 2.3 OTA rollout to start

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

All sorted updated i pad to ios15 👍

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Notification 30 minutes ago that update is ready to install.

No confirmation email.

Spain, week 39.

Will update overnight to see if it’s 2.3 or not 😀
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Anduain wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm Notification 30 minutes ago that update is ready to install.

No confirmation email.

Spain, week 39.

Will update overnight to see if it’s 2.3 or not 😀

Do you already have the We Charge update? Did you get lots of assist warnings or not?
Deleted User 314

Yes, I have the We Charge app installed.
Yes, received warnings that certain elements will not work.
Unfortunately it was a digital manual update only - very surprised I was even told about it.

However, I did notice that the battery is on 35%, so will charge tonight to 50% to see if anything is different.
Deleted User 192

Anduain wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:32 am Yes, I have the We Charge app installed.
Yes, received warnings that certain elements will not work.
Unfortunately it was a digital manual update only - very surprised I was even told about it.

However, I did notice that the battery is on 35%, so will charge tonight to 50% to see if anything is different.

"certain elements" as in lots of persistent yellow warnings on the screen behind the steering wheel?

How long did it take to install? Were you prompted that it would take an hour and that you had to switch off and lock the car?
Deleted User 314

I've been back to the car, it was the digital manual only as there is no longer an update being announced and everything still on 2.1.

When the update was applied there was notification that some safety features were not available, no yellow warnings but the front sensors icon was displayed until the update was applied.

Looks like my "update day" is a Monday..
Deleted User 192

Anduain wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:55 am I've been back to the car, it was the digital manual only as there is no longer an update being announced and everything still on 2.1.

When the update was applied there was notification that some safety features were not available, no yellow warnings but the front sensors icon was displayed until the update was applied.

Looks like my "update day" is a Monday..

You would get quite a few yellow icons if it was part 1 of the 2.3 update.
Deleted User 314

scott28tt wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:50 pm

You would get quite a few yellow icons if it was part 1 of the 2.3 update.
Thanks Scott, good to know (even though I’ve watched all the videos, still missed the obvious.
Kirkbysteve

Post by Kirkbysteve »

Finally received the email from VW this morning inviting me to agree to the software update. Will now await notification to download update in the car.
RollingJ

Post by RollingJ »

Kirkbysteve wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:31 am Finally received the email from VW this morning inviting me to agree to the software update. Will now await notification to download update in the car.
Got mine too.

Does anyone following this conversation know how long it will take to install? Hopefully there will be an option to schedule it or at least choose when to start the process.
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

just received an email from VW asking for consent to upgrade.
This was noted as the updated functionality:

Advanced main-beam control and driver assist systems

Vehicles equipped with advanced main-beam control now detect other road users even better. In the future, your driver assist systems will be available even while downloading an update.

Other improvements

We are optimising the stability of mobile online services. For vehicles with head-up displays, we are improving the interaction between hardware and software.

Release notes 2

New functions of ID. Light

The ID. Light translates alerts from your infotainment and assist systems into light signals under the windscreen. With this Over-the-Air Update, the following functions are also supported:
Steering wheel contact detection
Adaptive Cruise Control ACC
Efficiency assist
Absolute reserve mode

Your car must have the respective equipment in order to use them.

Design adjustments to infotainment system

We are also making some adjustments to the design:
The media player gets a spot in the side tab in the Radio/Media tile.
Under “Settings” → “Home button design”, you can select your favourite flag.
If you are in the home screen, you can use the elongated menu button to access the tile view.
Other design adjustments make orientation easier.

Other improvement

Improvement to the Dynamic Road Sign Display.

Note:
Installation of this Over-the-Air Update is a prerequisite for receiving further updates.
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
BEN44R

Post by BEN44R »

Yup got mine this morning, reading other forums seems it can take 1/2 weeks to get offered the update thru the car.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, Wheels 18" East Derry
Beesrbusy

Post by Beesrbusy »

I think I have received an email about this. However its all in German and embarrassingly, I don't speak the language. So in all honesty I haven't a clue about what is to happen. The title of my email is "Over-the-Air Update für Ihren ID. – Jetzt zustimmen."
Deleted User 314

Received mine too, in Spanish (which is correct).
Kirkbysteve

Post by Kirkbysteve »

The two steps take variable amounts of time as I understand it. The first, smaller download takes approximately 2 hours with a further 20 minutes to update the car’s system. The second download is longer, up to 8 hours I believe and longer to install.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Also got mine today.
RollingJ

Post by RollingJ »

Kirkbysteve wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:12 am The two steps take variable amounts of time as I understand it. The first, smaller download takes approximately 2 hours with a further 20 minutes to update the car’s system. The second download is longer, up to 8 hours I believe and longer to install.
Thanks.
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

Beesrbusy wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:59 am I think I have received an email about this. However its all in German and embarrassingly, I don't speak the language. So in all honesty I haven't a clue about what is to happen. The title of my email is "Over-the-Air Update für Ihren ID. – Jetzt zustimmen."
Ours was in German too, but you just need to [press the blue 'Zustimmen" button to agree. Funnily, the agreement confirmed screen was in English.

One thing that did catch my eye was this:

"Dynamic high beam control and driver assistance systems

Vehicles equipped with dynamic high beam control can now be seen by other road users even better. In the future, your driver assistance systems will also be available while an update is being downloaded."

More easily seen by other road users? I wonder what that means in terms of the operation of the headlights?
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Deleted User 192

Kirkbysteve wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:12 am The two steps take variable amounts of time as I understand it. The first, smaller download takes approximately 2 hours with a further 20 minutes to update the car’s system. The second download is longer, up to 8 hours I believe and longer to install.

Mine happened in August as I volunteered in an early wave.

Part 1 took maybe 10 minutes to download, and you're told it will take up to 30 minutes to install.

Part 2 took 20-30 minutes to download, you're told it will take up to 3 hours to install.

The downloads happen when the car is started, the installations when it is stopped and locked up.
Last edited by Deleted User 192 on Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 192

RollingJ wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:51 am
Kirkbysteve wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:31 am Finally received the email from VW this morning inviting me to agree to the software update. Will now await notification to download update in the car.
Got mine too.

Does anyone following this conversation know how long it will take to install? Hopefully there will be an option to schedule it or at least choose when to start the process.

Mine happened in August as I volunteered in an early wave.

Part 1 took maybe 10 minutes to download, and you're told it will take up to 30 minutes to install.

Part 2 took 20-30 minutes to download, you're told it will take up to 3 hours to install.

The downloads happen when the car is started, the installations when it is stopped and locked up.
Last edited by Deleted User 192 on Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.