ID.3 rental in Rhodes

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Id3rpc

Post by Id3rpc »

I thought I’d write a little report on a really positive EV experience we had.

My wife and I are in Rhodes on a holiday, where we thought we would look into renting a car. After speaking to the rental company, it became apparent that they had a few EVs for hire, which took me by surprise!

So we set about arranging it and chose an ID.3. This worked perfectly as we have one on order and we kind of used it as an extended test drive.

Car turned up fully charged with around 407km of range showing on the display, and 97% of charge. After touring the island for a day, with the aircon cooling us in the 33c heat, we were pleasantly surprised that it returned between 4.1 and 4.5 mls/kWh. This was fairly mixed driving, enjoying some spirited driving on the way through the hills. A days use covered 171km and the range left was showing as 219km.

When the time came to give it back, we can genuinely say we really enjoyed it. We found it practical, efficient, easy to use, fault free and a great introduction to a purpose built EV (currently own an e golf that we really love). I’m sure a few little niggles could occur after prolonged use, but it would take a lot to dismiss our excitement for receiving ours in jan next year.

My only minor gripes with the specific car we had, was the lack of pace (not terrible but not the best) crappy interior material, WHEEL TRIMS!!???, and lack of pan roof. We’ve ordered a pro performance 150kw 58kwh family with east derry alloys, so that mitigates any of our complaints.

We spoke to the chap who ran the fleet and he said bar some really silly niggles (crashing infotainment and a couple of keys not being recognised) the ID3s they own have been great!

Anyway, thanks for reading me waffle on.

Ross