Considering an ID3

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
nunp

Post by nunp »

Hi all. I’m currently considering taking out a lease for a ID3 after initially ordering a Lexus UX 300e which I can cancel. I’m weighing up whether to order the Max or Tour since I don’t need the longer range due to how we will use the car. The Max is cheaper but once you add the 19 alloys it’s dearer on a lease but I guess you get the sunroof and adaptive suspension over the Tour. One very subtle difference between the almost identical specs for both is that the brochure says the Tour has ambient lighting in both front and rear doors. As I know not to trust the brochure (memory seats issue) can anyone with a Tour confirm if that is the case in your cars? I’m sure this has come up in other threads but what kind of mileage are you getting in the Max & Tour versus Official range. And finally have owners had any issues with build quality / rattles?

epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

nunp wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:12 am Hi all. I’m currently considering taking out a lease for a ID3 after initially ordering a Lexus UX 300e which I can cancel. I’m weighing up whether to order the Max or Tour since I don’t need the longer range due to how we will use the car. The Max is cheaper but once you add the 19 alloys it’s dearer on a lease but I guess you get the sunroof and adaptive suspension over the Tour. One very subtle difference between the almost identical specs for both is that the brochure says the Tour has ambient lighting in both front and rear doors. As I know not to trust the brochure (memory seats issue) can anyone with a Tour confirm if that is the case in your cars? I’m sure this has come up in other threads but what kind of mileage are you getting in the Max & Tour versus Official range. And finally have owners had any issues with build quality / rattles?
You dodged a bullet by cancelling the Lexus. It’s a compliance car with no doubt compromises.

The other difference is that the Tour is a 4-seater only. That’s what swayed it for us. Also didn’t like the idea of lugging around a big battery we won’t use for most of the time. We’re keen on the pano roof too
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

If you don't need the range, not sure why you would get a Tour. We also considered the Max (pano roof, transport hitch being key sellers), but for us the annual trip(s) to Italy swayed it.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

New Tours are 5 seaters I thought? Perhaps not in the UK spec yet...
nunp

Post by nunp »

Thanks folks. Indeed the only reason I would go for the Tour over the Max is that it’s £10 cheaper per month on a lease versus the Max with the 19 alloys. So effectively I would be deciding to pay more for the Max. Any idea on the ambient lighting on the rear doors?
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

MotMot wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:48 am New Tours are 5 seaters I thought? Perhaps not in the UK spec yet...
Oh. I wonder if that can be retrofitted?

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

nunp wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:50 am Thanks folks. Indeed the only reason I would go for the Tour over the Max is that it’s £10 cheaper per month on a lease versus the Max with the 19 alloys. So effectively I would be deciding to pay more for the Max. Any idea on the ambient lighting on the rear doors?
I'll drive somewhere tomorrow or Sunday. Give me a nudge if nobody has responded by then.

All the best

Andreas
——————
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

nunp wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:50 am Thanks folks. Indeed the only reason I would go for the Tour over the Max is that it’s £10 cheaper per month on a lease versus the Max with the 19 alloys. So effectively I would be deciding to pay more for the Max. Any idea on the ambient lighting on the rear doors?
Is lighting in the rear important to you?
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
nunp

Post by nunp »

Thanks all. Looks like I can’t order the Max with options so I will need to settle with the Tour. Apparently the cars are pre-built and no options can be added as part of the enhanced lease rates.
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

nunp wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:25 pm Thanks all. Looks like I can’t order the Max with options so I will need to settle with the Tour. Apparently the cars are pre-built and no options can be added as part of the enhanced lease rates.
Does the Tour come with 4 or 5 seats now?
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

metcast wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:32 pm
nunp wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:25 pm Thanks all. Looks like I can’t order the Max with options so I will need to settle with the Tour. Apparently the cars are pre-built and no options can be added as part of the enhanced lease rates.
Does the Tour come with 4 or 5 seats now?
UK spec still only still has 4 seats according to the most recent price/spec list.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
nunp

Post by nunp »

Yep that’s right according to the brochure. Middle seat has a storage area which my son will use to store his snacks 😊
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

The Tour has a nice range, Im sure you’ll appreciate that. We have elderly parents 120 mile motorway trip away, we don’t like to see the range drop much below 150 in case we need to go to them sharpish which on a Max doesn’t take long from a 80% charge! Our car has occasional creaks emanating from the cowling around the hud, seems to happen when the car is cold.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
nunp

Post by nunp »

Based on our current mileage - school runs and my wife doing a 40 mile round trip to work twice per week we will at most only need to top up the Tour once a week. Odd trip to London another 150 round trip. The only thing putting us off a little is the build quality coming from my wife’s Audi A6 phev which itself has some dubious plastic around the cabin. Dint make them as they used to. I get VW need to save some cash to pay for dieselgate but hard plastics on the front doors seem a little tight.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

deleted, cat hit "Return"

Why-Do-Cats-Like-Keyboards.jpg

Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

nunp wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:10 pm Based on our current mileage - school runs and my wife doing a 40 mile round trip to work twice per week we will at most only need to top up the Tour once a week. Odd trip to London another 150 round trip. The only thing putting us off a little is the build quality coming from my wife’s Audi A6 phev which itself has some dubious plastic around the cabin. Dint make them as they used to. I get VW need to save some cash to pay for dieselgate but hard plastics on the front doors seem a little tight.

Carbon net neutral doesn’t happen with plush materials all over the cabin. They’ve invested billions in MEB and the IDs.
nunp

Post by nunp »

Sooo I finally went and sat in an ID3 today and I’ve got to say I’m not that underwhelmed by the interior quality - yes lots of hard plastics but actually the door cards seem to have an ever so slightly rubberised texture. To touch it didn’t feel that bad - have worse on our Audi A6 in parts. Massively impressed by the interior space and general ambience - feels like a modern functional car.

We’re going for the moonstone non metallic - saves me £15 per month and my wife doesn’t particular like the colours on offer other than the white. I quote like the light blue - whatever it’s called.

How are folks finding the road / wind noise compared with their prior cars? I doubt I’ll get the test drive the car any time soon so curious as thoughts and views from the forum.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

“Stonewashed blue” is that colour name.

It’s the quietest car I’ve ever owned, my previous car was a Mercedes C-class and the cabin noise level was noticeably louder.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Same here. Quiet, smooth, refined on the road, precise steering/handling. I have had endless cars over 5 decades but never a car that's as much pleasure to drive as the ID3.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
nunp

Post by nunp »

Thanks folks that’s reassuring to hear. Started looking at accessories already!