Considering an ID3

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

Daveion wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:21 pm Same here. Quiet, smooth, refined on the road, precise steering/handling. I have had endless cars over 5 decades but never a car that's as much pleasure to drive as the ID3.
As above.
Could probably do with some more range but the pp was my max budget
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car

Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Daveion wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:21 pm Same here. Quiet, smooth, refined on the road, precise steering/handling. I have had endless cars over 5 decades but never a car that's as much pleasure to drive as the ID3.
Same here
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Andreas wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:03 pm
nunp wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:50 am Thanks folks. Indeed the only reason I would go for the Tour over the Max is that it’s £10 cheaper per month on a lease versus the Max with the 19 alloys. So effectively I would be deciding to pay more for the Max. Any idea on the ambient lighting on the rear doors?
I'll drive somewhere tomorrow or Sunday. Give me a nudge if nobody has responded by then.

All the best

Andreas
No ambient lighting in the back.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
nunp

Post by nunp »

Thanks for checking Andreas. Looks like another error in the brochure then - Tour apparently has this feature in the rear doors.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

nunp wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:48 am Thanks for checking Andreas. Looks like another error in the brochure then - Tour apparently has this feature in the rear doors.
I have a Tour so not sure what is going on there. Maybe there's a switch for it somewhere that I haven't found.

All the best

Andreas
——————
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Andreas wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:24 pm
nunp wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:48 am Thanks for checking Andreas. Looks like another error in the brochure then - Tour apparently has this feature in the rear doors.
I have a Tour so not sure what is going on there. Maybe there's a switch for it somewhere that I haven't found.

All the best

Andreas

Looks like brochure error without a doubt. The Max doesn’t specify rear ambient lighting but the Tour does.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Mandarinfish

Post by Mandarinfish »

Andreas wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:24 pm

All the best

Andreas
If anyone finds the 'switch' please let me know :D
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS in Makena Turquoise
Heat Pump
nunp

Post by nunp »

Thanks in part to this forum I have now ordered an ID3 Tour for my wife on a 3 year personal lease with Vanarama. Deal also includes free insurance for 1 year and a free home charging from Indra. Delivery March next year!
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

nunp wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:00 am Thanks in part to this forum I have now ordered an ID3 Tour for my wife on a 3 year personal lease with Vanarama. Deal also includes free insurance for 1 year and a free home charging from Indra. Delivery March next year!
I've had mine for a month and, given a choice, I'll never have another ICE car again. It works for me and hopefully you'll enjoy yours just as much. Happy motoring, when it arrives.
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
nunp

Post by nunp »

I managed to test drive an ID3 today - not sure what model but assume Style. First impressions were very positive - ride quality was generally very good on 19inch alloys and dampening well weighted, rear wheel drive makes a positive impact on steering / handling but sound insulation was average. My son loved sitting up front as ID3 has standard Isofix on front seat and my wife appreciated the ease / manoeuvrability. Bizarrely I actually quite liked the sound and climate sliders but infotainment was difficult to use but I’m sure that will improve with time. So all in all we’re happy with having placed an order only negative is we can’t install the tow bar on the Tour. 6 month wait now for the car to arrive. Interesting Northampton VW were very busy today but for used car sales - salesman said they only have 5 new cars in stock when they used to have dozens pre semi conductor issues.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

nunp wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:58 pm I managed to test drive an ID3 today - not sure what model but assume Style. First impressions were very positive - ride quality was generally very good on 19inch alloys and dampening well weighted, rear wheel drive makes a positive impact on steering / handling but sound insulation was average. My son loved sitting up front as ID3 has standard Isofix on front seat and my wife appreciated the ease / manoeuvrability. Bizarrely I actually quite liked the sound and climate sliders but infotainment was difficult to use but I’m sure that will improve with time. So all in all we’re happy with having placed an order only negative is we can’t install the tow bar on the Tour. 6 month wait now for the car to arrive. Interesting Northampton VW were very busy today but for used car sales - salesman said they only have 5 new cars in stock when they used to have dozens pre semi conductor issues.
I don’t mind the sliders either. Wish they were illuminated though! Maybe we need to invest in glow in the dark stickers? 😂
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

nunp wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:58 pm I managed to test drive an ID3 today - not sure what model but assume Style. First impressions were very positive - ride quality was generally very good on 19inch alloys and dampening well weighted, rear wheel drive makes a positive impact on steering / handling but sound insulation was average. My son loved sitting up front as ID3 has standard Isofix on front seat and my wife appreciated the ease / manoeuvrability. Bizarrely I actually quite liked the sound and climate sliders but infotainment was difficult to use but I’m sure that will improve with time. So all in all we’re happy with having placed an order only negative is we can’t install the tow bar on the Tour. 6 month wait now for the car to arrive. Interesting Northampton VW were very busy today but for used car sales - salesman said they only have 5 new cars in stock when they used to have dozens pre semi conductor issues.
One of the reasons you hear road noise more is because the engine is completely silent ;)

The infotainment system is excellent. The main thing to remember is to swipe left and right and up and down in the menus. Also when you tap on the satnav window it takes a second or so to register. The only annoying thing is the voice control which pops up occasionally unexpectedly. Otherwise we find it very easy to use.
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

rikimaru wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:11 am I don’t mind the sliders either. Wish they were illuminated though! Maybe we need to invest in glow in the dark stickers? 😂

I tried stickers, took them off again.

Only an issue if the passenger wants to turn the volume down without asking the driver to do it for them - heating can be controlled by pressing CLIMA anyway.

That slider panel is the same on the Golf 8 too, this isn't specific to the ID.3 or ID. range.