Considering an ID3

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

metcast wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:32 pm
nunp wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:25 pm Thanks all. Looks like I can’t order the Max with options so I will need to settle with the Tour. Apparently the cars are pre-built and no options can be added as part of the enhanced lease rates.
Does the Tour come with 4 or 5 seats now?
UK spec still only still has 4 seats according to the most recent price/spec list.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus

nunp

Post by nunp »

Yep that’s right according to the brochure. Middle seat has a storage area which my son will use to store his snacks 😊
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

The Tour has a nice range, Im sure you’ll appreciate that. We have elderly parents 120 mile motorway trip away, we don’t like to see the range drop much below 150 in case we need to go to them sharpish which on a Max doesn’t take long from a 80% charge! Our car has occasional creaks emanating from the cowling around the hud, seems to happen when the car is cold.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
nunp

Post by nunp »

Based on our current mileage - school runs and my wife doing a 40 mile round trip to work twice per week we will at most only need to top up the Tour once a week. Odd trip to London another 150 round trip. The only thing putting us off a little is the build quality coming from my wife’s Audi A6 phev which itself has some dubious plastic around the cabin. Dint make them as they used to. I get VW need to save some cash to pay for dieselgate but hard plastics on the front doors seem a little tight.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

deleted, cat hit "Return"

Why-Do-Cats-Like-Keyboards.jpg

Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

nunp wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:10 pm Based on our current mileage - school runs and my wife doing a 40 mile round trip to work twice per week we will at most only need to top up the Tour once a week. Odd trip to London another 150 round trip. The only thing putting us off a little is the build quality coming from my wife’s Audi A6 phev which itself has some dubious plastic around the cabin. Dint make them as they used to. I get VW need to save some cash to pay for dieselgate but hard plastics on the front doors seem a little tight.

Carbon net neutral doesn’t happen with plush materials all over the cabin. They’ve invested billions in MEB and the IDs.
nunp

Post by nunp »

Sooo I finally went and sat in an ID3 today and I’ve got to say I’m not that underwhelmed by the interior quality - yes lots of hard plastics but actually the door cards seem to have an ever so slightly rubberised texture. To touch it didn’t feel that bad - have worse on our Audi A6 in parts. Massively impressed by the interior space and general ambience - feels like a modern functional car.

We’re going for the moonstone non metallic - saves me £15 per month and my wife doesn’t particular like the colours on offer other than the white. I quote like the light blue - whatever it’s called.

How are folks finding the road / wind noise compared with their prior cars? I doubt I’ll get the test drive the car any time soon so curious as thoughts and views from the forum.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

“Stonewashed blue” is that colour name.

It’s the quietest car I’ve ever owned, my previous car was a Mercedes C-class and the cabin noise level was noticeably louder.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Same here. Quiet, smooth, refined on the road, precise steering/handling. I have had endless cars over 5 decades but never a car that's as much pleasure to drive as the ID3.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
nunp

Post by nunp »

Thanks folks that’s reassuring to hear. Started looking at accessories already!
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

Daveion wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:21 pm Same here. Quiet, smooth, refined on the road, precise steering/handling. I have had endless cars over 5 decades but never a car that's as much pleasure to drive as the ID3.
As above.
Could probably do with some more range but the pp was my max budget
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Daveion wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:21 pm Same here. Quiet, smooth, refined on the road, precise steering/handling. I have had endless cars over 5 decades but never a car that's as much pleasure to drive as the ID3.
Same here
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Andreas wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:03 pm
nunp wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:50 am Thanks folks. Indeed the only reason I would go for the Tour over the Max is that it’s £10 cheaper per month on a lease versus the Max with the 19 alloys. So effectively I would be deciding to pay more for the Max. Any idea on the ambient lighting on the rear doors?
I'll drive somewhere tomorrow or Sunday. Give me a nudge if nobody has responded by then.

All the best

Andreas
No ambient lighting in the back.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
nunp

Post by nunp »

Thanks for checking Andreas. Looks like another error in the brochure then - Tour apparently has this feature in the rear doors.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

nunp wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:48 am Thanks for checking Andreas. Looks like another error in the brochure then - Tour apparently has this feature in the rear doors.
I have a Tour so not sure what is going on there. Maybe there's a switch for it somewhere that I haven't found.

All the best

Andreas
——————
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Andreas wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:24 pm
nunp wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:48 am Thanks for checking Andreas. Looks like another error in the brochure then - Tour apparently has this feature in the rear doors.
I have a Tour so not sure what is going on there. Maybe there's a switch for it somewhere that I haven't found.

All the best

Andreas

Looks like brochure error without a doubt. The Max doesn’t specify rear ambient lighting but the Tour does.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Mandarinfish

Post by Mandarinfish »

Andreas wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:24 pm

All the best

Andreas
If anyone finds the 'switch' please let me know :D
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS in Makena Turquoise
Heat Pump
nunp

Post by nunp »

Thanks in part to this forum I have now ordered an ID3 Tour for my wife on a 3 year personal lease with Vanarama. Deal also includes free insurance for 1 year and a free home charging from Indra. Delivery March next year!
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

nunp wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:00 am Thanks in part to this forum I have now ordered an ID3 Tour for my wife on a 3 year personal lease with Vanarama. Deal also includes free insurance for 1 year and a free home charging from Indra. Delivery March next year!
I've had mine for a month and, given a choice, I'll never have another ICE car again. It works for me and hopefully you'll enjoy yours just as much. Happy motoring, when it arrives.
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
nunp

Post by nunp »

I managed to test drive an ID3 today - not sure what model but assume Style. First impressions were very positive - ride quality was generally very good on 19inch alloys and dampening well weighted, rear wheel drive makes a positive impact on steering / handling but sound insulation was average. My son loved sitting up front as ID3 has standard Isofix on front seat and my wife appreciated the ease / manoeuvrability. Bizarrely I actually quite liked the sound and climate sliders but infotainment was difficult to use but I’m sure that will improve with time. So all in all we’re happy with having placed an order only negative is we can’t install the tow bar on the Tour. 6 month wait now for the car to arrive. Interesting Northampton VW were very busy today but for used car sales - salesman said they only have 5 new cars in stock when they used to have dozens pre semi conductor issues.