ID.3 Pure Performance discontinued - Sept 23rd Brochure

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

There has been an update to the brochure (again) and this time there are multiple references to the fact the 45KWh Pure Performance is only available from stock.

[bPlease note the 45 kWh Pure Performance 150 PS models are only available from stock and
not available to factory order.[/b]

Does this mean it's being discontinued?

The other change in the brochure is the fact that there's explicit mention that some packs are compatible with each other (e.g. Infotainment Plus and Design Pack Plus)
id-3-brochure-23.pdf
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 227 times
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

VW UK didn't originally intend to offer 45kWh specs here at all, I wonder if take-up has been that low that they've reversed to that original stance to simplify the line-up?
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

When I first enquired about the ID3 back in April it was the lower power one I was thinking of. It soon became obvious that they didn’t really want to sell me this one and really only were interested in the 58kw. At the time I got my car In 3 weeks and I am more than happy with it. After reading other posts I’m glad I took the plunge and got it, I really can’t stand waiting, I feel sad for you guys but it’s definitely worth the wait
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

This maybe why? Go to the end of the article where they mention a planned new entry vehicle for under EUR30,000 (UKP26,000).

https://www.electrive.net/2021/09/23/fa ... rformance/

Article also contains the charge curve of a 110kW Pure Performance. Interesting to see.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Ah no sorry. Apparently the reason is the chip shortage, and that very few people (2-3% of buyers) choose the basic version of the Golf, and that this is presumed to be similar.

https://www.electrive.net/2021/08/17/vw ... estellbar/

It'll be possible to order it again in 2022.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)