We Connect App whilst charging

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I've just encountered this issue. Plus although I have never had an issue previously I have just plugged my Zappi in on fast mode for a buffer before I pop out later. It's only charging at 1.2kW whatever I do with the settings.

Edit: OK the app still crashes, the car had an error stating "Only emergency charging is currently possible. Please consult vehicle wallet.". I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in and it's now pulling 7.7kW :)

ProstetnicVogonJeltz

Post by ProstetnicVogonJeltz »

I've had the same problem but only noticed it while home charging. The app closes immediately on opening and repeats this performance however many times I try. Restarting my phone doesn't fix it but later on (probably when off charge - I hadn't made that connection) it works again. So it's nothing to do with the cache or cookies, it's just a crappy app.
Bill Manhire’s not getting any younger.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

ProstetnicVogonJeltz wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:54 pm I've had the same problem but only noticed it while home charging. The app closes immediately on opening and repeats this performance however many times I try. Restarting my phone doesn't fix it but later on (probably when off charge - I hadn't made that connection) it works again. So it's nothing to do with the cache or cookies, it's just a crappy app.
Mine has done the same both at home and on a fast charger but worked normally on both occasions after it had been charging for a few minutes
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

My Android We Connect ID app crashed immediately when using my (first ever) rapid charging. Wife's iphone was fine so we could at least check the charging progress. VW have asked if this is a problem that only occurs with rapid charging, so at some time tonight between 12:30 and 04:30, I'll be checking....(sigh).....
id3 Max 2021
SinglePointSafety

SinglePointSafety wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:55 pm My Android We Connect ID app crashed immediately when using my (first ever) rapid charging. Wife's iphone was fine so we could at least check the charging progress. VW have asked if this is a problem that only occurs with rapid charging, so at some time tonight between 12:30 and 04:30, I'll be checking....(sigh).....
OK, so I did indeed check this and... the app works just fine when my home EV charger is delivering its 7 kW.

Weird that the app's functionality seems to depend on the car's charging rate.....!
id3 Max 2021
daesimpso

Post by daesimpso »

I’ve just used a public charger for the third time since getting the car a week ago (different types of charger in different locations). Every time I’ve monitored the charger in the We Connect app with no issues.

Car came with 2.3 software
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Single point..
I dont know if its charging rate or something else.
In the past 9 months my app has been up and down for no apparent reason so many times. Sometimes fails to display on a granny, 7Kw or 11kw.
I have deleted and reinstalled many times.
Sometimes it resolves it, sometimes it seems to self correct after 24 hours.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
SinglePointSafety

Daveion, yes, you're probably right: the app's behaviour might not be predictable or reproducible (on my droid phone at least) but so far my experience has been limited since it took a manual intervention by 'VW central' to get the app to connect to the car at all.

if I see any pattern, I'll report back.
id3 Max 2021
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

So I have joined those who can't see the charge process on the WCApp.... appropriate name!
I am connected to a 50kw pod point and can see remotely whats happening via Tronity App 👍
So 1 point to Tronity although my car just will not leave Berlin by location map????
Any ideas?
Dave
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
SinglePointSafety

My app's behaviour is (nearly) reproducible: home EV charger not charging, all is fine. Car starts to charge, app crashes instantly. Re-start app, crashes instantly. Re-start phone, app is fine and does indeed tell me the car is charging. (Sigh). No doubt there are multiple semi-random permutations that exist.....
id3 Max 2021
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I find as an Android user I have to close the app fully every time and restart it. I still have the charging issue, but many of the other issues are fixed by hitting the left hand button and closing the app fully.
rawws

Post by rawws »

ProstetnicVogonJeltz wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:54 pm I've had the same problem but only noticed it while home charging. The app closes immediately on opening and repeats this performance however many times I try. Restarting my phone doesn't fix it but later on (probably when off charge - I hadn't made that connection) it works again. So it's nothing to do with the cache or cookies, it's just a crappy app.
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
SinglePointSafety

Still having email exchange with VW We Connect Support about this, if I get any useful feedback I will post here
id3 Max 2021
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

SinglePointSafety wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:19 am My app's behaviour is (nearly) reproducible: home EV charger not charging, all is fine. Car starts to charge, app crashes instantly. Re-start app, crashes instantly. Re-start phone, app is fine and does indeed tell me the car is charging. (Sigh). No doubt there are multiple semi-random permutations that exist.....
Mine does exactly the same now on all chargers including the granny. If I leave the app for an hour or so it then connects and works ok again.
Tronity however reports immediately the fact the car is charging, charge rate and predicted charge time. I find that bizarre that an independent app works but VWs one doesn't.
Because its on a granny at the moment Tronity shows the car has been connected for over 18 hours (during which time it charged for around 9 hours over 2 nights)
Battery Life was critical of the VW app recently. It could do so much more. I hope VW improve it soon.

Screenshot_20211014-093850_TRONITY.jpg

Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22