Air Con - won’t work at all

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
CLB24

Post by CLB24 »

Hi,

I’ve just had delivery of our id3 Life Pro Performance this morning. I’ve just taken it out for the first run, and can’t get the air con to come on at all…am I missing something??!! It’s just “Off” no buttons will work and if I go into settings it says “Sorry, this function is currently unavailable”. There’s no air coming through at all, meaning the windows are steaming up with this rain!!

Any advice much appreciated!!!

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

So if you go to Climate in the top left hand side is the power virtual button. Hit that and the AC system should be active. You can than set fan temp etc. Can you not get it to move from OFF?
Dave
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Have you tried the Max defrost button on the dash?
daesimpso

Post by daesimpso »

I had the same confusion driving home from picking the car up last week.

Press the Clima button below the screen, then turn on by pressing the button in the top left corner of the screen.

Annoyingly this button is coloured the opposite way to all other buttons to signify off and on.

It would be nice if the system applied intelligence and figured if you’re trying to change the temperature setting you probably want the heating system turning on.
TimF

Post by TimF »

I don't have a problem turning AC on and off, but can someone tell me how to get to a screen where I can see the AutoDefrost / "Max" button of "Climatronic"? According to the manual (sorry "Driver Wallet"), this is on "the left next to the multifunction steering wheel".

I'm not brilliant at menu navigation, particularly menus which use strange terminology, at least some of which is nothing to do with translating German to English!
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Is it not referring to this button.

IN0051_buttons_3-2.jpg

TimF

Post by TimF »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:55 am Is it not referring to this button.
Doh!

Thanks.

Makes sense that there's a direct way of turning on a priority function, no need to navigate menus.
Jimmyinit

Post by Jimmyinit »

:lol: Yeah but watch your range halve if you turn that nasty thing on my car did this morning I almost had a heart attack one moment the range was 218 then turned on that button and bang 112 JHC that takes some power but maybe that is a short circuit way to warm the battery drawing soooooooooooo much juice.
24.12.21 Car on my drive delivered - - Tour Stonewash Blue with Heat pump
V3 Software updated 12-14 Nov 2022