WeConnect ID app woes

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
ProstetnicVogonJeltz

Post by ProstetnicVogonJeltz »

We should probably have a separate forum for this woeful app, but here goes for now.

I've been using this app for about 3 months and it is borderline software, in my view. Sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes on opening, sometimes you think it's working but it doesn't actually do what you want. (There are only really 2 things you can do - manage charging and turn the HVAC on and off so you get a nice warm/cold feeling when you get into the car. You can't do other useful stuff like read the vehicle mileage etc.)

Anyway, my woes started when I first activated the app. It refused to register me. VW "support" told me I should try registering as a German user, which did work. You have to go through an identification process which involves downloading another app and having a face-to-face conversation with a Fraulein in the Fatherland. So, eventually, I got it working.

Now VW is sending me emails in German and apparently I can't change my language. I have to delete my account and create a new one (along with all the hassle of identification and setting up). As they way in Wolfsburg, "Computer sagt nein".

Feel free to add your experiences with the app, or any hacks you've picked up!
Bill Manhire’s not getting any younger.

NewId3

Post by NewId3 »

The kindest thing you can say about the app is that it’s underwhelming. I guess a lot of us are living in hope that it will improve and expand with time.
Pro Life / White / Dustbin lids