Pod Point Installation Progress

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Is anyone experiencing any difficulties with their Pod Point installation progress?
I have paid the installation fee, of £599, had the Gov grant accepted and an email from Pod Point advising some things that I will need to do before going ahead. Part of this I expected like changing a type AC RCD to a type A that they will not undertake. So I emailed them back for some clarifications several times over 10 days ago and tried to call several times but was left holding for 15 minutes or longer to talk to anyone and gave up.
I still don't have a response and no further along with my installation.
Anyone else having problems?
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22

Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

I had a relatively easy installation, only time i needed to ring them it took too long so i rang the new customer side and they soon answered
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
daesimpso

Post by daesimpso »

I’ve found comms slow and lacking, including having to chase the DNO myself as they just kept saying “waiting on DNO” who were in fact “waiting on info from installer”.

They sub it out to a local installation company, so it could just be that I got a slow contractor.
Colin1517

Post by Colin1517 »

My Pod Point installation was issue free, with really good comms as well. I had to move the date as I caught Covid while on holiday down South, in the space of 2 days and 3 emails the install was rescheduled and it’s now done with minimal fuss.
Ordered - ID.3 Tour Pro S 77kwh 204PS in Manganese Grey.
Ordered 1st Sept ‘21
Delivery due March ‘22
Updated to April ‘22
Updated again to November ’22
Updated yet again to March ‘23 - CANCELLED!!
Cupra Born arriving Jan ‘23.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I wish my experience so far was as good.
I will just hang on the phone on Monday until I get an answer.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

We had a Zappi installed by one of the approved contractors on the government web site. Faultless installation. We are in North Yorkshire, if anyone wants the contractor's details, let me know. He is a one man band and very young but he knows his stuff. Not cheap but then our's wasn't what would be defined as a standard installation.
We also had a quote from another contractor off of the approved government website and he hadn't got a clue what he was doing. Fortunately, I know a little bit about electrical installations.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I have cancelled my Pod Point installation this morning and proceeding with a refund from them. This is Pod Point themselves not a third party.
After hanging onto the phone for more than an hour on hold I spoke to someone who advised me an email response had just been made to my questions made 10 days earlier.
They want to supply me cables that run under the kitchen units where I have installed trunking as they are not permitted to do that themselves.
They have changed their mind about needing a change to my RCD that backs the spare 32amp breaker in favour of installing a separate RCBO direct from the supply but now want me to get an isolator installed by the DNO to facilitate that. There is not space for that which they were previously aware of.
The option for them to supplying the cables , which I could install, they want me to allow 2m at each end for terminating which is absolutely ridiculous. As its one run in SWA and one run in Twin and Earth that is an extra 8m of cable which then exceeds their 15m installed allowance and I have to pay extra for the cables that an electrician will cut off and take away.
The most frustrating thing though is you cant actually enter into reasonable dialogue to find a way forward. I suggested a call direct to the technical side and the agent was unable to do that and was very happy to refund me.
My conclusion is only the simplest of installations are moving forward with customers whilst order books are full. Very disappointing experience.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
joshgiova

Post by joshgiova »

Yeah, if it’s anything but a straight forward install for them your best off getting an independent to do the work for you.
Order Placed (3124xxxx) - 2nd July 21
Build Week - 34 w/c 23rd August 21
Arrived at Emden - 20th September 21
Released to shipping - 4th October 21
Shipped to UK - 6th October 21
Arrived in the UK - 8th October 21
At Dealer - 18th October 21
BeesKnees

Post by BeesKnees »

similar experience, none of the normal installers would do the work.

Got a local electricians to do it with me running the cables.

I donlt know how sniffy people are about linking to other forums but the full story is here
https://www.speakev.com/threads/difficu ... ll.161710/
Life Pro with tow hook Stonewashed Blue
Ordered July , provisional build week 40/41, now 43. Confirmed 45
Order No 3136****
Alanpyle

Post by Alanpyle »

As I'm getting mine though Motability,I am stuck with BP PULSE.was told hat it wold be installed by December 5th.Still waiting,car due start o next year(car at dok waiting boat),anybody else have problems with BP PULSE?
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Alanpyle wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:59 am As I'm getting mine though Motability,I am stuck with BP PULSE.was told hat it wold be installed by December 5th.Still waiting,car due start o next year(car at dok waiting boat),anybody else have problems with BP PULSE?
Not with mine. Was installed 2 weeks after ordering. Not used it yett as I don't get my car till this coming Thursday.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
whittaker52

Post by whittaker52 »

Alanpyle wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:59 am As I'm getting mine though Motability,I am stuck with BP PULSE.was told hat it wold be installed by December 5th.Still waiting,car due start o next year(car at dok waiting boat),anybody else have problems with BP PULSE?
Mine was installed within a week of initial communication with BP Pulse (car ordered mid-September, charger installed by the end of September) and at the time my car wasn't due until the end of February, so something doesn't sound right with the amount of time they're taking to get back to you, especially if your car is actually on the way.
MY 2023 58KW Makena Turquoise Max Pro Performance
Ordered: Mid-September 2021
Delivered May 31st 2023