Rented an ICE

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

I'm presently in Newbury for a couple of days then over to Bristol before returning to Barcelona and decided to rent a car for convenience (Flew into East Midlands). It is some Ford S-MAX or something.

I've not driven an ICE car since last December, so some observations follow, which amused me and shouldn't be taken TOO seriously.... just things seem to be getting a bit dark on the board and I'm a half full person, despite the roots :D

1. What on earth are all these buttons for? Lights, volume, cruise, limit, on/off/up/down/sideways/back forward
2. Why do I have to keep reaching across the car to turn the volume up/down (oh, found the steering wheel buttons eventually)
3. Why doesn't Car Play work? I've connected bluetooth, can play music.... what, I need a cable? What is this, the 2010s?
4. No Hud
5. Are you sure I can drive 750 miles on a tank? like really sure? Well, I'll fill it up when it says 150 left, just in case.
6. Glad Siri came with me from the other car
7. No Hud
8. Where has all the boot space gone?
9. Why is this car so LOOONG?
10. Is the accelerator broken?
11. Why doesn't it slow down when a car pulls in front of me?

A bit light hearted yes, but for me it does put things into perspecrive, and I can't burn off BMW drivers either!
Last edited by Deleted User 314 on Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NewId3

Post by NewId3 »

Enjoyed this.
Pro Life / White / Dustbin lids
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

As did I thanks šŸ˜€

Incidentally on the ā€œbuttonsā€ front, for true irony I should pass on that my Dad recently test drove an ID.3 and decided quickly not to buy.

He hated all the buttons in the ID.3, coming from his Model 3. I nearly spat my tea out laughing, as my Dad is a huge critic of Teslaā€™s minimalism!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Utumno wrote: ā†‘Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:39 pm As did I thanks šŸ˜€

Incidentally on the ā€œbuttonsā€ front, for true irony I should pass on that my Dad recently test drove an ID.3 and decided quickly not to buy.

He hated all the buttons in the ID.3, coming from his Model 3. I nearly spat my tea out laughing, as my Dad is a huge critic of Teslaā€™s minimalism!
Hahaha, love it.
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

Got me when you mentioned 'No Hud' twice :lol:
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.