Standard led headlights

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
micklebrow

Post by micklebrow »

Hi, picking up the car this Sat and not driven car at night on the test drive, was wondering what the lights are like. The wifes Astra and so bad that she tries not to drive at night. they seem ok on some of the youtube vids, but wanted actual car owners to say yes they are not bad.

Thanks
micklebrow
ID3 Life Pro Performance 204ps, Mangan Grey

itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

micklebrow wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:50 am Hi, picking up the car this Sat and not driven car at night on the test drive, was wondering what the lights are like. The wifes Astra and so bad that she tries not to drive at night. they seem ok on some of the youtube vids, but wanted actual car owners to say yes they are not bad.

Thanks
micklebrow
Can confirm as a Life Pro Performance owner that the standard LED Lights are great, full beams are very good aswell.

Good thing with the ID.3 is that it sits a little higher than the average car so they light up so much more of the road.

I kinda wish I upgraded my lights for the 'cooler' looking DRL's which have the funky light bar :D but for me it wasn't worth the extra £££ at the time, ah well.
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.
Jamh2000

Post by Jamh2000 »

Yeah they are fine. Nothing special imho but not lacking - do the job well.
ID.3 Life Pro, Manganese Grey
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Try a car with the matrix headlights in auto full beam mode, on an unlit road with other traffic around - definitely my favourite feature 8-)
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

The matrix lights are amazing !
The auto main beam and the way the lights change to suit oncoming traffic as well vehicles you are following
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
beacon39

Post by beacon39 »

I think you'll find the standard lights more than adequate. Beware of 'choice-supportive bias' when you ask people's opinion (including mine!) of two options. Those who have matrix lights will extoll their virtues whereas those who opted for standard lights will say they are not worth the extra cost. Each group will justify their choice. ;)
Life Pro Performance, Stonewashed Blue - East Derry alloys - Heat pump
Aberdeen, Scotland
Deleted User 192

beacon39 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:19 pm I think you'll find the standard lights more than adequate. Beware of 'choice-supportive bias' when you ask people's opinion (including mine!) of two options. Those who have matrix lights will extoll their virtues whereas those who opted for standard lights will say they are not worth the extra cost. Each group will justify their choice. ;)

I didn’t make a choice to have them (I bought a 1st Edition from stock) nor did I experience them til I had my car.

I struggle with night vision after suffering from a corneal ulcer in my 20s, and they are like a revelation for me.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

beacon39 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:19 pm I think you'll find the standard lights more than adequate. Beware of 'choice-supportive bias' when you ask people's opinion (including mine!) of two options. Those who have matrix lights will extoll their virtues whereas those who opted for standard lights will say they are not worth the extra cost. Each group will justify their choice. ;)
We've got a Life and a Family. There's not a lot in it between the 2 for me, but I never venture onto quiet, unlit country roads. Its all well lit urban roads very locally and dual carriageway roads.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
beacon39

Post by beacon39 »

Gosh! Sorry, I was just making what I thought was a semi humorous comment referencing the generally accepted theory of choice-supportive bias. I didn't intend to imply that the bias would be exhibited by everyone. Nor did I think it deserved any response, to be honest.
Life Pro Performance, Stonewashed Blue - East Derry alloys - Heat pump
Aberdeen, Scotland
Deleted User 192

beacon39 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:28 pm Gosh! Sorry, I was just making what I thought was a semi humorous comment referencing the generally accepted theory of choice-supportive bias. I didn't intend to imply that the bias would be exhibited by everyone. Nor did I think it deserved any response, to be honest.

No apology necessary, you’re right about potential bias 👍