East Derry Vs Loen alloys

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
SilverID3

Post by SilverID3 »

I ordered my car with East Derry wheels as don't like the standard Steel Wheels.

Thing is, not a fan of the Diamond Cut type of wheels either, much prefer a painted/powder coated alloy, like on my current T-Cross.

But just noticed that VW Loen 18" alloy wheels are available in the accessories brochure, so now thinking about changing order back to steel wheels saving £650 and getting the dealer to fit Loen wheels (£205 each inc fitting = £820) when the car arrives.

Not much difference in price, and I guess get a set of steels into the bargain.

So, what to you guy's think of the East Derry Vs Loen alloys ?
Family Pro Performance. East Derry Wheels, Scale Silver - Ordered 11th Oct 2021

Estimated Handover: April 2022

Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

This is exactly what I did, much preferable ...

ID3LoenAlloys.png

Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I really like the Loen’s. If I had ordered a Max instead of a Tour I would likely have gone with the Loen accessory option instead of the East Derry factory fits, unless SWMBO had stuck her oar in.

Car looks great Raxacorico 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

SilverID3 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:29 am
But just noticed that VW Loen 18" alloy wheels are available in the accessories brochure, so now thinking about changing order back to steel wheels saving £650 and getting the dealer to fit Loen wheels (£205 each inc fitting = £820) when the car arrives.
Isn't this then a modification that you have to declare for each insurance company quote?

(Surely you did not pay £650. Didn't you get a discount?) ;)
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

[/quote]
Isn't this then a modification that you have to declare for each insurance company quote?
[/quote]

I mentioned it to my insurance company, they didn't seem bothered, and the quote remaned as before.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

To be honest, I prefer the look of the East Derrys. They're a more closed design, which helps in hiding the hub brakes on the rear wheels, and with regen doing most of the slowing down, getting plenty of ventilation to the brakes isn't really an EV requirement.

If I was going down the Loen route, I'd be more tempted by the 19" option (although tgat would render the 18" tyres that would come with the steelies redundant (get rid on ebay).
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
digital

Post by digital »

Loens on my wife's Family, East Derrys on mine.

ID3_2_2.jpg

ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Just my 2p worth, but I think the Leon wheels look like the type of wheels you get on all other white goods type cars, like an Astra
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Easy derry are very special. the black laser cut is special. lots of people remark on mine
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

I see that VW do a gloss black version of the 'Loen' but in 19" only. Started me thinking about getting a set of the 18" Loens and having them powder coated gloss black. Not normally a fan of black wheels on cars but that colour would pick up on the various external GB accents on the car so may look good. Also avoids the expense of new tyres and leaves the steelies available to have winter tyres fitted (something I look in to every year but never do).
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!