Should I get infotainment pack

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 8

Malcster

Post by Malcster »

Ordered a family pro last Sunday and in reflection should have tried one without the rear speakers

Any body have a family without rear speakers on here ??
If so what's it like in the back audio wise

My little girl is only 7 at the minute and likes to have music on in the car

Funny before placing the order dealers responded to emails within a few hours or returned call asap

Been 2 days and I'm still waiting for a call back or email to discuss changing the order to the infotainment pack aswell

100 mile round trip to dealers so want to avoid that if possible

Seems an expensive way to get rear speakers in a family car marketed as family spec

Is it worth the 2200 for the additional items
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date

rawws

Post by rawws »

Cant tell much as I don't tend to have passengers, but having come from a rear speaker car to id3 with only front I can't say the difference is that much of a bigger deal and not worth the extra cost. I doubt if its noticeable unless you are an audiophile
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
Malcster

Post by Malcster »

rawws wrote: ↑Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:36 am Cant tell much as I don't tend to have passengers, but having come from a rear speaker car to id3 with only front I can't say the difference is that much of a bigger deal and not worth the extra cost. I doubt if its noticeable unless you are an audiophile
Have you sat in the back at all though ??
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The big gain with that pack is the heads-up display.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

The HUD is quite excellent.
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

Agreed about how good the HUD is. Our 'main car' is a Skoda Kodiaq and after driving the id3 I realise how much I like the HUD and miss it when driving the Kodiaq - especially like the repeated navigation prompts in the HUD using Android Auto
id3 Max 2021
Malcster

Post by Malcster »

Finally got a call from the dealer

Added to my order

Is the display different or is it just rear speakers and hud
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Malcster wrote: ↑Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:29 am Seems an expensive way to get rear speakers in a family car marketed as family spec

It's been remarked here previously that having rear speakers in a family car might be considered pointless, as the people who generally want music on in the back of the car are probably going to be using their own headphones and media player anyway πŸ˜€
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
rawws

Post by rawws »

Malcster wrote: ↑Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:41 am
rawws wrote: ↑Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:36 am Cant tell much as I don't tend to have passengers, but having come from a rear speaker car to id3 with only front I can't say the difference is that much of a bigger deal and not worth the extra cost. I doubt if its noticeable unless you are an audiophile
Have you sat in the back at all though ??
Yes I have while there is a minor difference it's not worth the cost and can see why vw cut the cost. The HUD is great that comes with the info plus but again it's not a necessity I find the Id light does past of the job
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Malcster wrote: ↑Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:29 am Ordered a family pro last Sunday and in reflection should have tried one without the rear speakers

Any body have a family without rear speakers on here ??
If so what's it like in the back audio wise

My little girl is only 7 at the minute and likes to have music on in the car

Funny before placing the order dealers responded to emails within a few hours or returned call asap

Been 2 days and I'm still waiting for a call back or email to discuss changing the order to the infotainment pack aswell

100 mile round trip to dealers so want to avoid that if possible

Seems an expensive way to get rear speakers in a family car marketed as family spec

Is it worth the 2200 for the additional items
If you only want the rear speakers, the Β£2.2k is definitely not worth it
We dont have them, and my kids normally listen to their own phones anyway.
When we do listen to music as a family, just have to turn it slightly louder and it does the job
Its not ideal, and IMHO it was a mistake of VW to miss them out, but its not a deal breaker
Another thing to note, is that Kids ears are more sensitive then adults. So whilst it quieter for them in the back, they can actually hear it better. Their ears haven't been damaged by all the loud nightclubs, pubs and concerts we went to ;)
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get Β£50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

colonelpurple wrote: ↑Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:41 am We dont have them, and my kids normally listen to their own phones anyway.

I made this exact point yesterday in a discussion on the UK Facebook group yesterday, and was told that I had "ignorant teenagers".

I blocked the idiot, who was clearly VERY ignorant.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

scott28tt wrote: ↑Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:30 am
colonelpurple wrote: ↑Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:41 am We dont have them, and my kids normally listen to their own phones anyway.

I made this exact point yesterday in a discussion on the UK Facebook group yesterday, and was told that I had "ignorant teenagers".

Ha ha.. I like having music in the car as a background noise, I always have, but I have now reached the age where if I want to listen to something properly, I prefer to do it with the log burner lit, a glass of something agreeable and from the set up I have at home that is more than adequate so the rear speaker thing is not an issue.
I also discovered that my android phone can connect to 2 Bluetooth devices simultaneously so I did wonder, if I was going on a trip, whether I could use a bluetooth speaker and sit it on the parcel shelf. Didn't get round to testing it though.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

scott28tt wrote: ↑Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:30 am

Not to mention judgmental. Reminds me of someone..... πŸ˜‚
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203