Change miles to percentage on mini steering wheel display

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
rawws

Post by rawws »

Is it possible to change the battery level indicator on the mini display to battery percentage rather than miles left.?
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

No, unless you get it down to 10% or less then it does it (and turns red)
rawws

Post by rawws »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:55 pm No, unless you get it down to 10% or less then it does it (and turns red)
Ok thanks I feel having mileage can add not of range anxiety as it's not accurate and goes up and down. Whereas having battery percent like mobile phone will be good as it will show how much charge is actually left
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

rawws wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:45 am
scott28tt wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:55 pm No, unless you get it down to 10% or less then it does it (and turns red)
Ok thanks I feel having mileage can add not of range anxiety as it's not accurate and goes up and down. Whereas having battery percent like mobile phone will be good as it will show how much charge is actually left
Absolutely, perhaps the biggest omission on the display IMHO. What surprises me though is the number of people who apparently didn't use the range function on previous cars and therefore understand the Guess O'meter.
Deleted User 192

I DON'T have my iPhone displaying the %, just the battery icon. If the level on the icon looks low, I can check the % in a menu. I know roughly how long it will last under normal use, can charge it at home, and other places if I need to.

I DO have my Apple Watch displaying the %, it usually lasts 2 days but it can be less sometimes. I can charge it at home, but not anywhere else.

I treat my car like my iPhone.
rawws

Post by rawws »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:22 am

I DON'T have my iPhone displaying the %, just the battery icon. If the level on the icon looks low, I can check the % in a menu. I know roughly how long it will last under normal use, can charge it at home, and other places if I need to.

I DO have my Apple Watch displaying the %, it usually lasts 2 days but it can be less sometimes. I can charge it at home, but not anywhere else.

I have driven kia soul EV and Tesla model 3 and they all have the ability to change the view how you want battery usage / charge left is , seem on the id3 cant even customise the mini display much oh well minor gripe of mine i love the id3 but the infotainement system is a bit too basic compared to other EV's
Deleted User 192

rawws wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:38 pm
scott28tt wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:22 am

I have driven kia soul EV and Tesla model 3 and they all have the ability to change the view how you want battery usage / charge left is , seem on the id3 cant even customise the mini display much oh well minor gripe of mine i love the id3 but the infotainement system is a bit too basic compared to other EV's

I'm not saying it shouldn't be there as an option, that display in the ID.3 is VERY basic, the one on the latest Golf puts it to shame.

But I've learned to live with it.