First Long Trip (Ireland)

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
NewId3

Post by NewId3 »

For anyone interested, this weekend was our 1st chance to do a decent spin in the ID.3 Pro. Trip was 310km each way, 80km of which was on open motorway (120km/hr limit).

I was interested to see how the coldish temp would impact the range as have noticed the drop the last few weeks. I did the return journey today with a starting temp of 9.5C, 95% battery and pre-conditioned for 20min while on the granny charger. Just myself and about 50kg extra in car.

I reached home with 24% remaining after taking the opportunity to use two 50kw chargers along the route (30min total, 15kwh charge). I was not conservative in my driving style and overall am very pleased with the trip; the car is a joy to drive. Overall consumption for the trip 16.8kwh/100km in wet conditions on a cold day. I reckon our total electricity costs are less than €18, whereas filling our other diesel today after the trip was €69 - granted carrying more cargo.

For anyone planning to travel in Ireland, there are lots of underused 22kw chargers in every town but relatively few 50kw chargers, so some forward planning is advised to locate these.
Pro Life / White / Dustbin lids

Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Ireland is deffo on the list, thanks for that!

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
NewId3

Post by NewId3 »

Thanks Andreas; I hope to do a trip like yours to Italy someday - very enjoyable thread.
Pro Life / White / Dustbin lids
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

thanks. my experience of touring north wales and north england for a week in the ID3 with a family of 5 was a pleasure
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

colonelpurple wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:20 am thanks. my experience of touring north wales and north england for a week in the ID3 with a family of 5 was a pleasure
Which bits of North Wales if I may ask?
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:45 am
colonelpurple wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:20 am thanks. my experience of touring north wales and north england for a week in the ID3 with a family of 5 was a pleasure
Which bits of North Wales if I may ask?
We live in north london BTW

Conway, Colwyn Bay, Llandudno
We stayed in Chester, also went around North england to Liverpool, Speke, Wrexham area, etc.

I booked a holiday inn which had a charger in the car park, so only ever needed to charge at the hotel. so convenient
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674