MY updates coming soon?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Lammy

Post by Lammy »

I noticed that the Cupra Born that is basically an ID.3 has the bigger screen as standard - due to launch around the same time next yet so that is believable.
First edition

Share £100 with me when you sign up
share.octopus.energy/dense-crab-700

Smitten

Post by Smitten »

When we ordered our e208 last year the spec was changed substantially after we ordered and dealers had no information on it and the brochure and website did not have the new information until after our car was delivered. Basically Peugeot decided to create a new GT Premium model and remove some items from the spec of the GT to downgrade it from top of range...which we had ordered. Seat upholstery changed, ACC dropped, heated seats dropped, phone charging plate dropped. So quite major but neither dealer or leasing company had any awareness this was in the pipeline until the vehicle arrived at the dealer.

I think lots of car companies are changing specifications these days without much notification as leasing companies now make you sign a document indicating they are not responsible for any unforeseen specification changes by the manufacturer and warn you at contract signing that it might happen!

I guess we will find out in due course...maybe 2021 is just a misprint and it should read Nov 2022.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Smitten wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:27 pm

I guess we will find out in due course...maybe 2021 is just a misprint and it should read Nov 2022.
Have to admit, I read the article and wondered the same. They mention the Beginning of 2023 so announcing in Nov 2022 would make a lot more sense? (lol listen to me - sense!)
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Timing-wise it would indeed make sense for the modifications to come on-stream from November 2022, ready for cars being delivered in early 2023 - I suppose these would be the 'new' 2023 model. I also thought that VW had trumpeted the various changes in the model line-up from July this year as being for the '2022 model year' id3, so again, further changes in November next year would appear to make sense.

However, the article does say 'The revised ID.3 coming in just a few weeks will also receive...' so who knows? Also, I understand the new Cupra Born features the 12" screen, and as it is built on the same production lines as the id3, maybe it's just more economic to source and fit 12" screens to both models rather than have two different screens to source/purchase/install? I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Uphamid3 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:11 pm Timing-wise it would indeed make sense for the modifications to come on-stream from November 2022, ready for cars being delivered in early 2023 - I suppose these would be the 'new' 2023 model. I also thought that VW had trumpeted the various changes in the model line-up from July this year as being for the '2022 model year' id3, so again, further changes in November next year would appear to make sense.

However, the article does say 'The revised ID.3 coming in just a few weeks will also receive...' so who knows? Also, I understand the new Cupra Born features the 12" screen, and as it is built on the same production lines as the id3, maybe it's just more economic to source and fit 12" screens to both models rather than have two different screens to source/purchase/install? I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Either way we will get what we ordered or something slightly better! So I am happy either way. ☺
Ordered 21.8.21
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

I've just been sat with my dealer and we both went through all the MY22 changes. His last update was 22nd October and there was no mention to any changes in the ID.3. The news article in question was dated the 19th October and the Auto Bild article was 18th October. So it seems weird the dealers have not been informed of these changes.
So its any bodies guess what's the story is?
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Newfie wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:22 pm I've just been sat with my dealer and we both went through all the MY22 changes. His last update was 22nd October and there was no mention to any changes in the ID.3. The news article in question was dated the 19th October and the Auto Bild article was 18th October. So it seems weird the dealers have not been informed of these changes.
I will email the journalist and ask him. Let you know if I get a response :roll:
Ordered 21.8.21
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Smitten wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:09 pm
Newfie wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:22 pm I've just been sat with my dealer and we both went through all the MY22 changes. His last update was 22nd October and there was no mention to any changes in the ID.3. The news article in question was dated the 19th October and the Auto Bild article was 18th October. So it seems weird the dealers have not been informed of these changes.
I will email the journalist and ask him. Let you know if I get a response :roll:
Thanks for that.
Be interesting to see what's said if you get a reply.
Chivers

Post by Chivers »

Smitten wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:28 pm Actual text concerning November changes Google translated from this article - www.autobild.de/artikel/vw-id.x-test-pr ... 31021.html - from an interview with Brand CEO Ralf Brandstätter:

"In the interior, some things are already being changed here that bothers customers the most - and what VW will bring in new equipment lines for the ID.3 from the end of November 2021 . 12-inch instead of 10-inch screen , the unpopular sliders finally illuminated, better fabrics, interior door surfaces covered with Alcantara. "The buyers' criticism has arrived," says Brandstätter, the facelift will be brought forward to the beginning of 2023 , where there will be, among other things, completely new interior door panels, decorative stitching instead of plastic in garbage can gray, a new front apron and hood, the blind split rear lights will really shine in the future. Jozef Kaban, the new chief designer, is responsible for the changes that are intended to enhance the ID.3."

Bearing in mind Google translate also has in the same article "Now he has locked himself away with his team, tinkering, testing, screwing. The goal: Can there be more?" we could well be missing out on nuances...

I speak German. You get the drift in the Google translation - except he sounds more serious in the original German. ;)
ID.3 Family 150kw, built 11/2020.
v2.4 in Apr. 2023. . .
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

I don't think it's remotely weird that the dealers haven't been informed, they're usually the last to know anything!
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Sounds like there may be an interior colour change to Dusty Grey/Soul Black, with Art Velour on the Tour.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I'm not familiar with how this works, I keep seeing reference to MY22.5 so what does MY22.5 actually mean, to me that is Model Year 2022 and 1/2 what is the .5? Is this suggesting an announcement of what will be available in Q2 2022?
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:20 am I'm not familiar with how this works, I keep seeing reference to MY22.5 so what does MY22.5 actually mean, to me that is Model Year 2022 and 1/2 what is the .5? Is this suggesting an announcement of what will be available in Q2 2022?
Usualblby MY updates start appearing in the summer so earlier this year around July the MY22 updates were released. Now there are further updates coming which will be MY22.5, this will also show on the order if your dealer ever gives you a screenshot of your order.
These updates usually happen straight after they are announced.
These were the MY22 ID.3 updates earlier this year.

SmartSelect_20211103-084024_OneDrive.jpg

Jimrod

Post by Jimrod »

Hi guys,

Here's the official update so far (UK) but not the complete info yet. This is from a VW dealer with whom I have an ID3 on order.

ID3.png

Family Pro \ Managanese \ East Derry
Order Number received 27th July
Original est Build week 47 (2021), confirmed 49, then 50, then 10 (2022)...
Current Estimated Build (as of Jan 12th) week 12 (2022)
Order Num - 31393xxx
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Many thanks - most helpful! I suppose questions remain having read the Autobild article translation about what else might be included but this is a really good start to clarify conjecture!
Ordered 21.8.21
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

On Tour trim: new seat trim covers in ArtVelour
I think this probably explains why the configurator for the Tour is offline. They won't want to show images in the configurator if they're plain wrong.

Also as our Tour has been confirmed as not having gone into build yet, I'm going to be firming up whether our Tour will be a MY22.5 or not with our dealer. I sincerely hope it will be.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Utumno wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:28 pm
On Tour trim: new seat trim covers in ArtVelour
I think this probably explains why the configurator for the Tour is offline. They won't want to show images in the configurator if they're plain wrong.

Also as our Tour has been confirmed as not having gone into build yet, I'm going to be firming up whether our Tour will be a MY22.5 or not with our dealer. I sincerely hope it will be.
Ask your dealer for a screenshot of your order.
As you can see it shows what variant of MY is as mine shows 22.

SmartSelect_20211103-153426_OneDrive.jpg

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Thanks Newfie, I'll ask for that though at the moment I suspect it'll say MY22 not 22.5.

The MY22.5 changes seem to be for cars built from week 48 (29-Nov) so I think a lot depends when the build actually starts.

Incidentally I initially misread that, and thought your car was actually built and at Grimsby, not just confirmed for build and destined for Grimsby! Eyes just popped out there for a moment ;-)
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Utumno wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:11 pm Thanks Newfie, I'll ask for that though at the moment I suspect it'll say MY22 not 22.5.

The MY22.5 changes seem to be for cars built from week 48 (29-Nov) so I think a lot depends when the build actually starts.

Incidentally I initially misread that, and thought your car was actually built and at Grimsby, not just confirmed for build and destined for Grimsby! Eyes just popped out there for a moment ;-)
I wish mate.

Just asked my guy at the dealer and mine is still MY22
Can't see it changing somehow.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:22 pm
Utumno wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:11 pm Thanks Newfie, I'll ask for that though at the moment I suspect it'll say MY22 not 22.5.

I wish mate.

Just asked my guy at the dealer and mine is still MY22
Can't see it changing somehow.

Previous experience (on a Tiguan) is that the MY you get depends on when it's built. We got free upgrades on the Tiguan due to a .5 MY refresh, simply because we ordered in November and it wasn't built until December, after the build week switchover. So it might happen. I'll see what the stealer says ;-)
Tesla Model Y Long Range