MY updates coming soon?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Sounds like there may be an interior colour change to Dusty Grey/Soul Black, with Art Velour on the Tour.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I'm not familiar with how this works, I keep seeing reference to MY22.5 so what does MY22.5 actually mean, to me that is Model Year 2022 and 1/2 what is the .5? Is this suggesting an announcement of what will be available in Q2 2022?
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:20 am I'm not familiar with how this works, I keep seeing reference to MY22.5 so what does MY22.5 actually mean, to me that is Model Year 2022 and 1/2 what is the .5? Is this suggesting an announcement of what will be available in Q2 2022?
Usualblby MY updates start appearing in the summer so earlier this year around July the MY22 updates were released. Now there are further updates coming which will be MY22.5, this will also show on the order if your dealer ever gives you a screenshot of your order.
These updates usually happen straight after they are announced.
These were the MY22 ID.3 updates earlier this year.

SmartSelect_20211103-084024_OneDrive.jpg

ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Jimrod

Post by Jimrod »

Hi guys,

Here's the official update so far (UK) but not the complete info yet. This is from a VW dealer with whom I have an ID3 on order.

ID3.png

Family Pro \ Managanese \ East Derry
Order Number received 27th July
Original est Build week 47 (2021), confirmed 49, then 50, then 10 (2022)...
Current Estimated Build (as of Jan 12th) week 12 (2022)
Order Num - 31393xxx
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Many thanks - most helpful! I suppose questions remain having read the Autobild article translation about what else might be included but this is a really good start to clarify conjecture!
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

On Tour trim: new seat trim covers in ArtVelour
I think this probably explains why the configurator for the Tour is offline. They won't want to show images in the configurator if they're plain wrong.

Also as our Tour has been confirmed as not having gone into build yet, I'm going to be firming up whether our Tour will be a MY22.5 or not with our dealer. I sincerely hope it will be.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Utumno wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:28 pm
On Tour trim: new seat trim covers in ArtVelour
I think this probably explains why the configurator for the Tour is offline. They won't want to show images in the configurator if they're plain wrong.

Also as our Tour has been confirmed as not having gone into build yet, I'm going to be firming up whether our Tour will be a MY22.5 or not with our dealer. I sincerely hope it will be.
Ask your dealer for a screenshot of your order.
As you can see it shows what variant of MY is as mine shows 22.

SmartSelect_20211103-153426_OneDrive.jpg

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Thanks Newfie, I'll ask for that though at the moment I suspect it'll say MY22 not 22.5.

The MY22.5 changes seem to be for cars built from week 48 (29-Nov) so I think a lot depends when the build actually starts.

Incidentally I initially misread that, and thought your car was actually built and at Grimsby, not just confirmed for build and destined for Grimsby! Eyes just popped out there for a moment ;-)
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Utumno wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:11 pm Thanks Newfie, I'll ask for that though at the moment I suspect it'll say MY22 not 22.5.

The MY22.5 changes seem to be for cars built from week 48 (29-Nov) so I think a lot depends when the build actually starts.

Incidentally I initially misread that, and thought your car was actually built and at Grimsby, not just confirmed for build and destined for Grimsby! Eyes just popped out there for a moment ;-)
I wish mate.

Just asked my guy at the dealer and mine is still MY22
Can't see it changing somehow.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:22 pm
Utumno wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:11 pm Thanks Newfie, I'll ask for that though at the moment I suspect it'll say MY22 not 22.5.

I wish mate.

Previous experience (on a Tiguan) is that the MY you get depends on when it's built. We got free upgrades on the Tiguan due to a .5 MY refresh, simply because we ordered in November and it wasn't built until December, after the build week switchover. So it might happen. I'll see what the stealer says ;-)
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Utumno wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:25 pm
Newfie wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:22 pm

I wish mate.

Previous experience (on a Tiguan) is that the MY you get depends on when it's built. We got free upgrades on the Tiguan due to a .5 MY refresh, simply because we ordered in November and it wasn't built until December, after the build week switchover. So it might happen. I'll see what the stealer says ;-)
It all depends on when it all fits in with timings. Some you win some you lose.
I remember on my Tiguan the MY change that my Tiguan took on was the removal; of the Panoramic Sunroof Ambient Lighting as there had been cases of that causing fires. So I thought I had lost that.
A year after having the car they recalled certain builds of Tiguan's to have the lighting reconnected as these builds still came fitted with the wiring but just not connected.
I thought that was quite good of VW to do this considering we were told we would not get it.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Agreed Newfie. We ordered ours with the 1st get infotainment (with the physical buttons down each side vertically and the ugly IR strip at the bottom) but the .5 refresh replaced that with the touch-sensitive version with the hidden IR strip at the bottom. Some you win, some you lose.

Ours was early enough to have the ambient sunroof lighting, and the recall was obviously applied to us. Ours was also early enough to have the wireless phone charger fitted, that rapidly became unavailable for over a year in the Tiguan because idiots kept using it as a coin tray and the Qi charger in the mat caused overheating leading to fires!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

shire-dweller

Post by shire-dweller »

New options:
- All: Kings Red metallic paint available as an option
Indeed. I wanted to change my order from Stonewashed Blue to Kings Red, but my dealership told me that they can only modify an order to select Kings Red starting from week 48. My order has estimated build week 49 (mid December), and build week confirmation by the factory is expected before build week 48. Once the build week is confirmed, I won't be able to change the colour (so I was told) and I cannot amend it now because right now Kings Red is not yet a thing for the UK. Only hope is that the estimated build week 49 is over-optimistic and the actual build week will be next year, with factory confirmation after week 48.
Split £100 with me when you switch to Octopus: https://share.octopus.energy/snow-lark-143
Split £10 with me when you join Electroverse: https://electroverse.octopus.energy/sign-up/magic?referralCode=steel-crow-18264
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Dealer provided an update and mentioned Week 48 is when the new model year starts
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Zobware

Post by Zobware »

Anyone seen any news of MY update coming?
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

258159023_1113749186097137_2280092446943089432_n.jpg

bitbit

Post by bitbit »

Not bad! Thanks. Can i ask you what's the source?
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

This is what the dealers were issued with today.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Software version 3.0 available soon.. I can't even get 2.3 so I won't hold my breath.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Some nice updates there. I’m actually glad about the screen, not sure I can take a 12”.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten