MY updates coming soon?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

The "From" pic doesn't look like ID3, presuming it's ID4?
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:15 pm The "From" pic doesn't look like ID3, presuming it's ID4?

Correct, that's for the note immediately above the picture - the removal of the brown interior on the ID.4.
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

It’s confusing that they say the changes will apply for orders taken from the 1st of December, and then later they say they will apply to all cars built from week 51 onwards regardless of order date. The latter is a pretty clear statement so I am assuming that is the one that applies.

I choose to see this as a win-win. Either I get the new stuff, which seems nice, or I don’t but that means my car will arrive sooner and in the relatively near future.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

chrisfs wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:52 pm It’s confusing that they say the changes will apply for orders taken from the 1st of December, and then later they say they will apply to all cars built from week 51 onwards regardless of order date. The latter is a pretty clear statement so I am assuming that is the one that applies.
The latter is the way MY updates have always worked. The factory basically switches over to a new configuration on a certain date.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

chrisfs wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:52 pm It’s confusing that they say the changes will apply for orders taken from the 1st of December, and then later they say they will apply to all cars built from week 51 onwards regardless of order date. The latter is a pretty clear statement so I am assuming that is the one that applies.

I choose to see this as a win-win. Either I get the new stuff, which seems nice, or I don’t but that means my car will arrive sooner and in the relatively near future.

I'd be prepared to stake a hotdog or two that anyone that had their vehicles actually go into build before week 51 won't get these upgrades, even if the build completes after week 51. Whereas anyone placing an order after 1-Dec is guaranteed the upgrades. Nowhere do VW state that MY22.5 applies to all cars completing their build from week 51 onwards, only those going into build from week 51 onwards. Sneaky, they are.

My vehicle was confirmed build week 40 for example, so I expect to be on a MY22 not MY22.5 specification even if the actual completion of my vehicle's build is during or after week 51. This is because I suspect my vehicle has been up the line once already (hence 'built' to MY22 specification) and is awaiting components to finish the build.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
bitbit

Post by bitbit »

Maybe after 1st december you will receive the new 3.0 software and the park assist plus? even if it seems difficult...
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Utumno wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:22 pm

I'd be prepared to stake a hotdog or two that anyone that had their vehicles actually go into build before week 51 won't get these upgrades, even if the build completes after week 51. Whereas anyone placing an order after 1-Dec is guaranteed the upgrades. Nowhere do VW state that MY22.5 applies to all cars completing their build from week 51 onwards, only those going into build from week 51 onwards. Sneaky, they are.

My vehicle was confirmed build week 40 for example, so I expect to be on a MY22 not MY22.5 specification even if the actual completion of my vehicle's build is during or after week 51. This is because I suspect my vehicle has been up the line once already (hence 'built' to MY22 specification) and is awaiting components to finish the build.
What’s the likelihood of them retrofitting the new configuration?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

rikimaru wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:33 pm
Utumno wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:22 pm

What’s the likelihood of them retrofitting the new configuration?

In my opinion, zero chance of them retrofitting the new config if the old config has already been built. The nearer you get to a confirmed build week 51 though, the better your chances. And if your confirmed build week for your vehicle is 51 or above, you should be guaranteed the new configuration, per the VW documentation.

As Newfie said, it's the luck of the draw at MY refresh time. I might add a column for "Expected MY" on the tracker spreadsheet based on my expectation...
Tesla Model Y Long Range

chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Wouldn’t the Park Assist Plus need extra sensors the earlier cars don’t have? So can’t be just a software upgrade.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

With those of us that are currently in build weeks no one can confirm if the car are being part build and completed later (which means a mass of vehicles in storage considering they are supposed to build 1200 cars a day) or they start there build at a later week. If its the latter many of those already entered in to build weeks could get lucky and get the 4 offerings they are giving to vehicles built from week 51 onwards.
We will see what Santa brings.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

chrisfs wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:57 pm Wouldn’t the Park Assist Plus need extra sensors the earlier cars don’t have? So can’t be just a software upgrade.

My old Tiguan did all that self-parking "Park Assist Plus" gubbins with (I believe) the same set of sensors as the Family and above already have. Of course this is just my supposition; the ways of VW are subtle, and quick to anger...
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:09 pm With those of us that are currently in build weeks no one can confirm if the car are being part build and completed later (which means a mass of vehicles in storage considering they are supposed to build 1200 cars a day) or they start there build at a later week. If its the latter many of those already entered in to build weeks could get lucky and get the 4 offerings they are giving to vehicles built from week 51 onwards.
We will see what Santa brings.

I fully expect Santa will be bringing me yet another letter from the MD of Marshalls apologising for the delay 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Talking of Tiguan's my SEL does not have the Park Assist Plus but the wife's Tiguan Match does and that has 4 extra sensors on it than my SEL,
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:14 pm Talking of Tiguan's my SEL does not have the Park Assist Plus but the wife's Tiguan Match does and that has 4 extra sensors on it than my SEL,

We had an SEL too (a Mk2, not a Mk1). I wonder if we specced anything extra that affected the park assist feature. My aged memory fails me on this point (there were a lot of options on our SEL, maybe one of them upgraded the park assist without me realising...)
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Utumno wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:19 pm
Newfie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:14 pm Talking of Tiguan's my SEL does not have the Park Assist Plus but the wife's Tiguan Match does and that has 4 extra sensors on it than my SEL,

We had an SEL too (a Mk2, not a Mk1). I wonder if we specced anything extra that affected the park assist feature. My aged memory fails me on this point (there were a lot of options on our SEL, maybe one of them upgraded the park assist without me realising...)
It was not a standard feature on the SEL. Just like KESSY wasn't and rear view camera but these were standard on the early Match models that was a spec down from the SEL. Oh the joys of VAG
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Utumno wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:10 pm
chrisfs wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:57 pm Wouldn’t the Park Assist Plus need extra sensors the earlier cars don’t have? So can’t be just a software upgrade.

My old Tiguan did all that self-parking "Park Assist Plus" gubbins with (I believe) the same set of sensors as the Family and above already have. Of course this is just my supposition; the ways of VW are subtle, and quick to anger...
It definitely needs extra sensors. Look at the ID.3 MY23 thread I posted. The Austrian configurator shows the new changes and visually shows extra sensors near the wheel arches when you add Park Assist Plus
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Yup I’m completely wrong 😀 Sorry!

I could have sworn the SEL had it as standard but even SWMBO told me this morning that we added it to help her park. For shame.

I wonder whether Max and Tour with Area View installed might get it through 3.0 as there are definitely extra sensors and cameras on the car.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

epicwinningmaz wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:47 am

It definitely needs extra sensors. Look at the ID.3 MY23 thread I posted. The Austrian configurator shows the new changes and visually shows extra sensors near the wheel arches when you add Park Assist Plus
Maybe the same ones used for blind spot monitoring for those models that have it?
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

chrisfs wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:40 am
epicwinningmaz wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:47 am

Maybe the same ones used for blind spot monitoring for those models that have it?
Nope these are different. You’ll notice in videos none of the current ID.3s have sensors near the wheel arches
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
bitbit

Post by bitbit »

The id.3 brochure (italian) was updated today (brochure valid from 19/11/2021). I saw Park Assist Plus in the Assistance pack, the 135 kW charging speed for the 77 kWh battery and maybe some interior upgrade, the prices have gone up a little bit. The configurator on the site is messed up, some images missing etc