MY updates coming soon?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Post Reply
Zobware
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Zobware » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:28 pm

Anyone think there is any truth in the below? When do VW usually do their MY updates?

https://evglobe.com/2021/10/19/vw-id3-u ... -facelift/

tomstring
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:17 am

Post by tomstring » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:36 pm

If I get a slightly improved model when I take delivery in March it’ll be even more worth the wait.

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am

Post by Utumno » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:44 pm

We'll know soon enough, if they're building those from November you can expect the brochure to update over the next few weeks.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour in Manganese Grey (on order)
Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

andrewparker
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by andrewparker » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:37 pm

Nice, so sounds like it’s getting the bigger screen from the ID.4. Some better interior materials would be very welcome too!
Ordered 19th October 2021 – Max Pro Performance | Manganese Grey | Andoyas | Bike Carrier Prep
Order No. 3149xxxx

Smitten
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Smitten » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:28 pm

Actual text concerning November changes Google translated from this article - www.autobild.de/artikel/vw-id.x-test-pr ... 31021.html - from an interview with Brand CEO Ralf Brandstätter:

"In the interior, some things are already being changed here that bothers customers the most - and what VW will bring in new equipment lines for the ID.3 from the end of November 2021 . 12-inch instead of 10-inch screen , the unpopular sliders finally illuminated, better fabrics, interior door surfaces covered with Alcantara. "The buyers' criticism has arrived," says Brandstätter, the facelift will be brought forward to the beginning of 2023 , where there will be, among other things, completely new interior door panels, decorative stitching instead of plastic in garbage can gray, a new front apron and hood, the blind split rear lights will really shine in the future. Jozef Kaban, the new chief designer, is responsible for the changes that are intended to enhance the ID.3."

Bearing in mind Google translate also has in the same article "Now he has locked himself away with his team, tinkering, testing, screwing. The goal: Can there be more?" we could well be missing out on nuances...
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 15.8.21
Delivery late Feb/early Mar 2022 :?:

epicwinningmaz
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:53 am

Post by epicwinningmaz » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:36 pm

Utumno wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:44 pm
We'll know soon enough, if they're building those from November you can expect the brochure to update over the next few weeks.
When do you expect the brochure to be updated? No updates in October so far
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am

Post by Utumno » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:21 pm

metcast wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:36 pm
Utumno wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:44 pm
We'll know soon enough, if they're building those from November you can expect the brochure to update over the next few weeks.
When do you expect the brochure to be updated? No updates in October so far
I don't, given I don't expect the article linked by the OP to be accurate 😂

However it stands to reason (and our previous experience!) that if VW are making interior changes in November, those interior changes will be detailed in the brochure if they're as visible as claimed (bigger infotainment etc). Our old Tiguan had an infotainment upgrade between point of order and point of build under identical circumstances, and the brochure change was dated at exactly the switchover date to the new style infotainment.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour in Manganese Grey (on order)
Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Andreas » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:44 am

Utumno wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:21 pm
metcast wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:36 pm
Utumno wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:44 pm
We'll know soon enough, if they're building those from November you can expect the brochure to update over the next few weeks.
When do you expect the brochure to be updated? No updates in October so far
I don't, given I don't expect the article linked by the OP to be accurate 😂

However it stands to reason (and our previous experience!) that if VW are making interior changes in November, those interior changes will be detailed in the brochure if they're as visible as claimed (bigger infotainment etc). Our old Tiguan had an infotainment upgrade between point of order and point of build under identical circumstances, and the brochure change was dated at exactly the switchover date to the new style infotainment.
The article refers VW as the source, so this could well have been in the making for a while and they are announcing it now. We'll find out soon enough.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)

scott28tt
Posts: 1653
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by scott28tt » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:58 am

VW have confirmed nothing.
ID.3 1st Edition / Moonstone Grey / October 2020 onwards

User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Andreas » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:21 am

scott28tt wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:58 am
VW have confirmed nothing.
The article isn't explicit, but it seems to be fully based on info received from VW, even when not in quotation marks. Given that they have VW quotations I would expect VW Comms to have looked it over before publication as well.

As noted, we'll find out soon enough.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)

Post Reply