Sound

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Moonstonegrey

Post by Moonstonegrey »

Hi all,

Hope everyone is healthy and well,

Although I did test the stock sound system when I test drove the ID3 (style), it sounded like it only had two speakers at the front. Although I keep reading that it has 4. I am wondering if my particular one has 4 speakers. I thought the stock sound system was pretty decent, compared to my premium one in my other car.
58kWh 204 bhp Family Pro Performance. Moonstone Grey with Andoya Black 19” alloys.

Ordered 23/10/21
Order No. 31515XXX
Build week: Week 22 - 2022

TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

Stock setup on the base models has 5 speakers in the front, none in the back.

I can't recall how far up the list of trims you have to go in order to get rear speakers.
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

TheJimster wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:34 pm Stock setup on the base models has 5 speakers in the front, none in the back.

I can't recall how far up the list of trims you have to go in order to get rear speakers.

Infotainment Plus
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Moonstonegrey

Post by Moonstonegrey »

Utumno wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:44 pm
TheJimster wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:34 pm Stock setup on the base models has 5 speakers in the front, none in the back.

Infotainment Plus
True, but £2200.00 cost, just for a better sound system is excessive. I know you get the HUD with it, tbh I'm not fused about that and heat isolated glass.

As the ID3 is going back to the VW beetle in terms of Rear engine and rear wheel drive, are we also going back by cutting holes in the parcel shelf for some speakers. 8-)
58kWh 204 bhp Family Pro Performance. Moonstone Grey with Andoya Black 19” alloys.

Ordered 23/10/21
Order No. 31515XXX
Build week: Week 22 - 2022
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Moonstonegrey wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:29 pm Hi all,

Hope everyone is healthy and well,

Although I did test the stock sound system when I test drove the ID3 (style), it sounded like it only had two speakers at the front. Although I keep reading that it has 4. I am wondering if my particular one has 4 speakers. I thought the stock sound system was pretty decent, compared to my premium one in my other car.

The Family spec has the same 4.1 setup as the Style you drove - two woofers and two tweeters in the front doors, plus the centre speaker.

The only official "upgrade" to get two rear door speakers and a subwoofer is the Infotainment Plus pack, the HUD is the big selling point of that.

If you carry rear passengers regularly and want them to listen to a similar level to those in the front, the pack might be worth considering. My teenage sons either aren't bothered by what I'm listening to, or have their phones with earbuds listening to their own stuff.