Tour Disappeared From Configurator

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

I recall a comment from VW that they removed the 45kWh for that reason. Can't find it now though, so take it for what it's worth (the proverbial 'between this and 60p you might have enough for a cuppa at the greasy spoon).

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)

sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Andreas wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:36 am
scott28tt wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:47 pm It might be that they're not taking orders for now, in the same way they're not taking 45kWh spec orders.
The 45kWh is the lowest value model for VW, so no point in offering it when they cannot service demand. They are concentrating on the high-price models, so I guess this one can be dismissed.

All the best

Andreas
Not sure 'lowest value' is necessarily the right term there. Keenest priced perhaps.

There's not an awful lot between the 45kWh and the 58kWh in Life spec in terms of price, other than what one can determine to be the battery value; however, the 45kWh actually has a battery that isn't actually 13kWh less than the 58kWh.
45kWh (usable) = 55kWh total
58kWh (usable) = 62kWh total

Essentially £2.5k cheaper (list) for 7kWh less. Of course that translates to around 45mi real range, but I believe the 45kWh chargers faster because of the usable being less of actual capacity.
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

sausageroll wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:07 am Not sure 'lowest value' is necessarily the right term there. Keenest priced perhaps.

There's not an awful lot between the 45kWh and the 58kWh in Life spec in terms of price, other than what one can determine to be the battery value; however, the 45kWh actually has a battery that isn't actually 13kWh less than the 58kWh.

Essentially £2.5k cheaper (list) for 7kWh less. Of course that translates to around 45mi real range, but I believe the 45kWh chargers faster because of the usable being less of actual capacity.
I would say 13kWH usable difference. I would not quote 7kWh.
I think 45kWh should be discontinued.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Cherry wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:10 pm
sausageroll wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:07 am Not sure 'lowest value' is necessarily the right term there. Keenest priced perhaps.

Why should it be discontinued?

The actual capacity difference has an impact on not only charging speed and durability, but it also opens the door for someone to no doubt 'hack' some extra usable range out of them, once they're at an age that justifies the risk.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

sausageroll wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:01 pm
Cherry wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:10 pm

Why should it be discontinued?

The actual capacity difference has an impact on not only charging speed and durability, but it also opens the door for someone to no doubt 'hack' some extra usable range out of them, once they're at an age that justifies the risk.

45kWh is ample for many urban and extra-urban environments, and if a lower capacity battery reduces the cost of entry, why remove it ? Interested to understand the reasoning behind Cherry's opinion more.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Utumno wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:32 pm
45kWh is ample for many urban and extra-urban environments, and if a lower capacity battery reduces the cost of entry, why remove it ? Interested to understand the reasoning behind Cherry's opinion more.
Battery capacities are increasing. It is time to dump the lowest, especially when VW cannot deliver cars quickly. I am sure a 30kW battery would also be ample for many people.
Should VW offer one? Two battery options is sufficient, especially when battery prices are reducing.

As for me, I want a car that does at least to 250 miles in the real world in winter. This is my bite point.

One of the biggest issues with a BEV is range anxiety. Why offer paltry battery sizes when VW cannot supply an ID.3 for close to 6 months?
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Cherry wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:39 pm
Utumno wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:32 pm
Battery capacities are increasing. It is time to dump the lowest, especially when VW cannot deliver cars quickly. I am sure a 30kW battery would also be ample for many people.
Should VW offer one? Two battery options is sufficient, especially when battery prices are reducing.

As for me, I want a car that does at least to 250 miles in the real world in winter. This is my bite point.

One of the biggest issues with a BEV is range anxiety. Why offer paltry battery sizes when VW cannot supply an ID.3 for close to 6 months?
I guess to limit the amount of electricity you can freeload from relatives in one go 8-)
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

sausageroll wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:56 pm
I guess to limit the amount of electricity you can freeload from relatives in one go 8-)
Then surely I would want the smaller battery capacities. Less freeloading and perhaps they would a ICE car for the visit :D
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

sausageroll wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:56 pm I guess to limit the amount of electricity you can freeload from relatives in one go 8-)

:lol:
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Latest rumor is no more Tour orders to early 2022.

If that's true I sure am glad I have mine.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I had a look at the German configurator, and was interested to see that it has a totally different approach to building an ID.3, starting with the battery size and number of seats.

So in practise what happens is you select between Pro, Pro S (5 seat) & Pro S (4 seat) and drill down from there. So it seems pretty clear that any "Tour" removal doesn't apply to Germany.
Last edited by Utumno on Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

bitbit

Post by bitbit »

Similar to the italian one. Pure performance (45 kWh battery, no available right now), Pro Performance (58 kWh) and Pro S (77 kWh). You start from there.
Stiggy

Post by Stiggy »

Post by Andreas » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:56 pm

I really hope that’s not the case, I ordered my tour pro yesterday and currently awaiting confirmation of order being accepted by VW. Nervous few days ahead !
Order date: 20th January 2022
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White, East Derry Alloys, Heat Pump, Infotainment Pack, Sport Plus Pack, Bicycle Prep
Order number: 3203****
Estimated delivery: Late November 2022
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

FYI all, downloadable ID.3 brochure links have been removed from the UK VW website at some point today.

I'd therefore expect a new brochure to get linked in the coming days (weeks? 😀) probably detailing the MY22.5 changes to the model.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Utumno wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:55 pm FYI all, downloadable ID.3 brochure links have been removed from the UK VW website at some point today.

I'd therefore expect a new brochure to get linked in the coming days (weeks? 😀) probably detailing the MY22.5 changes to the model.
It's still at this link https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/live ... t-p11d.pdf ?
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Yes. But that link has been removed from the VW website today. The file is still there but it’s not linked from the website. Thus for many people, it’s gone.

I expect they will upload a new brochure, probably to a different URL, then link it from the website.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

In fact I now can't find any model/price/config brochures on VW UK's website for any model! Some models have this boilerplate on their download pages..
As our cars become more digitally connected and we move to a more digital future, we’re no longer producing the traditional brochure and price list. You can find all the information you need about <model> here on the website whether that’s exploring the <model's> features, or building and comparing models to check specification, options and technical information. Alternatively, get in touch with your local retailer who are there to provide advice and guidance, and will gladly create a personalised digital brochure for you.
Seems like a retrograde step to me. I get not printing them on paper, but would a pdf kill them?

(I'm fairly certain a "personalised digital brochure" will be a pdf export from the configurator...)
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Utumno wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:55 pm FYI all, downloadable ID.3 brochure links have been removed from the UK VW website at some point today.

They’ve removed the link from this page: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/order-a ... e/id3.html

But you can still access the most recent version: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/live ... t-p11d.pdf
JPeasmold

Post by JPeasmold »

Is it perhaps because they are going to bring the Tour 5 to the UK? Seems no more Tour being built from early 2022 until very late 2022 looking at the various rumours.
I'm confirming my order on Monday for a Tour via salary sacrifice, just hope my employer and the leasing company can get it signed before the lease company runs out of vehicles. I'd specified solid paint to keep the cost down (as I don't really care what colour it is), but that have none of them left on order so I've been upgraded to metallic FOC. Estimated delivery February 2022, assuming I do get one of the available vehicles.
Really excited, aside from being a great car, it's going to pay for itself on fuel savings alone compared to my current steed.
apocani

Post by apocani »

Stiggy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:00 pm Post by Andreas » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:56 pm

I really hope that’s not the case, I ordered my tour pro yesterday and currently awaiting confirmation of order being accepted by VW. Nervous few days ahead !
Did you get any confirmation of your order being accepted by VW yet?