Post by ajf »

Is 3.0 actually released yet?
iD3 Tour Pro (77kW) in white
Ordered Aug 2021, initially due Jan 2022, arrived 31 May 2022
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

ajf

Post by ajf »

Fair enough..... I've just found on another part of this forum that its "selected owners only"
iD3 Tour Pro (77kW) in white
Ordered Aug 2021, initially due Jan 2022, arrived 31 May 2022
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

A German has poste on the "Volkswagen ID.3 Drivers Club" Facebook group him receiving s/w 3.0.
This is true to form as a small wave of owners in Germany are getting it first.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Mikee

Post by Mikee »

The charging menu is slightly different on the ID.3, only battery care is in settings.

Everything else is part of the location setup.
Family Pro - Kings Red - Sport Suspension - Alloys - Heat Pump
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

3.0 on my Born is nothing to write home about vs 2.3 I had on my ID3. It was marginally quicker to boot up when I got my Born and then slowed downas soonasI registered the car with the app and battry temperature management doesn't seem to have appreciably improved efficiencies at lower temps (less than 14C).
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:29 pm 3.0 on my Born is nothing to write home about vs 2.3 I had on my ID3. It was marginally quicker to boot up when I got my Born and then slowed downas soonasI registered the car with the app and battry temperature management doesn't seem to have appreciably improved efficiencies at lower temps (less than 14C).
Have you moved to the arctic?? :D
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

sidehaas wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:44 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:29 pm 3.0 on my Born is nothing to write home about vs 2.3 I had on my ID3. It was marginally quicker to boot up when I got my Born and then slowed down as soon as I registered the car with the app and battry temperature management doesn't seem to have appreciably improved efficiencies at lower temps (less than 14C).
Not quite, but even on a scorching day, when I have to commute to Milton Keynes from Newcastle (once a month), it can be cool when I set off at 4:30am. Last time it was 11-13C most of the way there (3.4 miles per kWh, no aircon) and 23-26C most of the way back (4.0 miles per kWh, 18C on the aircon). Maintaining 72mph there and trying to maintain 75mph home. That's quite an efficiency difference. Admittedly, the average speed home was a little slower because of traffic in places, but do also consider I was using aircon with a 7C difference between ambient and maintained cabin temp.
Last edited by monkeyhanger on Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kwr68

Post by Kwr68 »

Not sure if I’m reading this correctly just went and checked my car , have had my life pro for three weeks infotainment screen says software 3.0.0 . This is all new to me so I don’t know if it’s better or worse .
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Kwr68 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:36 pm Not sure if I’m reading this correctly just went and checked my car , have had my life pro for three weeks infotainment screen says software 3.0.0 . This is all new to me so I don’t know if it’s better or worse .
Your car was built with the 3.0 software that everyone who's had their ID3 a while is keen to get. Irs not much better than 2.3.

OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Kwr68 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:36 pm Not sure if I’m reading this correctly just went and checked my car , have had my life pro for three weeks infotainment screen says software 3.0.0 . This is all new to me so I don’t know if it’s better or worse .
New cars are shipped with 3.0. The 2.4 workshop recall and 3.0 OTA process is for older cars which typically have 2.3 on them.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:06 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:29 pm 3.0 on my Born is nothing to write home about vs 2.3 I had on my ID3. It was marginally quicker to boot up when I got my Born and then slowed downas soonasI registered the car with the app and battry temperature management doesn't seem to have appreciably improved efficiencies at lower temps (less than 14C).
Not quite,but even on a scorching day, when I have to commute to Milton Keynes from Newcastle (once a month), it xan become when I set off at 4:30am. Last time it was 11-13C most of the way there (3.4 miles per kWh, no aircon) and 23-26C most of the way back (4.0 miles per kWh, 18C on the aircon). Maintaining 72mph there and trying to maintain 75mph home.
Fair enough, what I would expect if it's the same as my car (2.3 ex-works) is this: for short trips at low speeds in winter the battery heating won't come on and so you'll still be able to get decent efficiency unless you use HVAC heavily (HVAC makes a big difference over a journey of just a few miles when cold). However for longer trips efficiency will be in line with what you've seen before, I suspect because the battery is being heated up, but only in a staged manner after you have been driving a certain time or used a certain power level or % SoC. It's a change that will reduce running costs for people doing lots of short journeys but not make any difference to people wanting to eek out miles on a longer journey.
But, having said all of that, it may well have been slightly further optimised in 2.4 and 3.0 than in 2.3 ex-works so may not behave identically.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

sidehaas wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:11 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:06 pm

Not quite,but even on a scorching day, when I have to commute to Milton Keynes from Newcastle (once a month), it xan become when I set off at 4:30am. Last time it was 11-13C most of the way there (3.4 miles per kWh, no aircon) and 23-26C most of the way back (4.0 miles per kWh, 18C on the aircon). Maintaining 72mph there and trying to maintain 75mph home.
Fair enough, what I would expect if it's the same as my car (2.3 ex-works) is this: for short trips at low speeds in winter the battery heating won't come on and so you'll still be able to get decent efficiency unless you use HVAC heavily (HVAC makes a big difference over a journey of just a few miles when cold). However for longer trips efficiency will be in line with what you've seen before, I suspect because the battery is being heated up, but only in a staged manner after you have been driving a certain time or used a certain power level or % SoC. It's a change that will reduce running costs for people doing lots of short journeys but not make any difference to people wanting to eek out miles on a longer journey.
But, having said all of that, it may well have been slightly further optimised in 2.4 and 3.0 than in 2.3 ex-works so may not behave identically.
Maybe we won't know until we're in Winter. As someone who charges at home, crap efficiencies for short journeys in the Winter is not a bother for me, i'll just charge a little more often. Hopefully long winter journeys aren't too badly affected after the initial warm-up cycle as the consumption discharge at motorway speeds should hopefully maintain the battery at teh temp it wants to be at for reasonable efficiency.

I suspect any improvements made by VAG will be pretty small and maybe even barely noticeable.