ID.3 Colours Available in the UK

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
apocani

Post by apocani »

I’ve been to Germany about a month ago and saw the red ID3.

I’m sure it’ll appear on the UK configurator when they update it next.

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

TimF wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:49 am We were disappointed red wasn't available, went for turquoise, which we're very pleased with (it also seems to be the favoured colour for the brochure).

When I was getting insurance quotes, one company wanted to know the colour, but their database wouldn't accept "turquoise", so it was put down as "blue". Do accident rates (whether of "guilty" or "innocent" parties) depend very much on colour of vehicle?

If I was even more cynical than I am, I'd think the changes in colours would be intended to give a clear message about "this is a NEW car", an extra appeal for those who want to proclaim having latest and greatest - other aspects of the update probably aren't that obvious?
I'd have described that Turquoise as green rather than blue. Not many of them around despite it being by favourite colour (I couldn't get one when I got ours at a good discount and already built).
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
TimF

Post by TimF »

The reason that GPO Telephones changed from dark green to bright yellow in the 60s was that in rural locations the vehicles were not at all noticeable. Highly undesirable when the technician is on a ladder up a pole nearby. I can't think of the last time I saw a dark green vehicle, but dark grey seems quite common.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

I see DTD are listing Kings Red as an option now, and also Dusty Grey/Soul Black interior.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Also shows art velour for Max which I thought was just for Tour

CleanShot 2021-11-11 at 14.12.42.png

ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

metcast wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:13 pm Also shows art velour for Max which I thought was just for Tour
Same for the Family trim too. I'll be happy if I get Art Velour, it's a nice material.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

TimF wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:53 am The reason that GPO Telephones changed from dark green to bright yellow in the 60s was that in rural locations the vehicles were not at all noticeable. Highly undesirable when the technician is on a ladder up a pole nearby. I can't think of the last time I saw a dark green vehicle, but dark grey seems quite common.
I believe its something to do with the colour spectrum. Sodium lights being in the yellow spectrum don't have green in their spectrum, therefore green cars will appear grey and not as pronounced. I think!
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021